Crew skills and profit.

After learning that abilities past lvl 40 will cost (+-)50k credits to train. I got a little worried about running short on the credit front. What would be your suggestion toward the selction of crew skills if you want to earn the most possible credits?

I'd imagine that in some way, shape, or form, each gathering and crafting professions could be profitable - but what it comes down to might simply be how many people pick one over another.

The true value might also be which useful items you can get or make that would be BOP (soulbound), and thus unobtainable anywhere else.

Gathering skills in which materials are obtained seem to be important (and profitable) for other games, as a comparison. Slicing, on the other hand, might be the weakest, because the majority of the rewards I've seen were some amount of credits, which over time seem to return slightly more money than invested (much like bond investments) .. although I'm yet to see the upper level augments (which might be damn good .. BOP?).

Those markets could be killed though with bots, who just sit there and send their companion away every few minutes to gather "stuff". A lot of "If's", sorry.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-12-04 at 09:13 PM.

There is no need to make credits, you will get tons of them just questing. Seriously, you get more than enough. Abilities DO NOT cost 50k each to train, though they do get fairly expensive at higher levels. By that point you are swimming in credits though so it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    There is no need to make credits, you will get tons of them just questing. Seriously, you get more than enough. Abilities DO NOT cost 50k each to train, though they do get fairly expensive at higher levels. By that point you are swimming in credits though so it really doesn't matter.
    Abilities do cost 40-48k to train in the 40s up to around level 49. At 49 and 50 They seem to cost ~ 10k each due to their being a ton of them to train.

You do get a good amount of credits from questing, if you take the time to sell your drops on the GTN you can make alot more money.

The GTN market is so much bigger due to the fact that players are trying to gear out companions as well as themselves. So that silly green that looks like crap and vendors for 200 might easily fethc 1k on the GTN.

Want to make lots of money, go bioanalysis, scavenging, slicing and sell everything. You can level crafting at 50 ~4x faster and youll have tons of money to do it.