Poll: MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL: Choose the races you would love to become playable!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I voted for Broken (maybe have the ability to make a regular looking Draenei, or a broken). And I also voted for Satyr, even though they kind of fall under a class more than a race.
    i7-6700k | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 | CM Evo 212 | 16GB DDR4 2400 Corsair Vengeance | ASRock Fata1ity k6 z170 | NZXT 440 White |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Because murlocs barely rank as a sentient race.
    The typical murloc is at least as intelligent as the typical ogre.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jayme689 View Post
    I voted for Broken (maybe have the ability to make a regular looking Draenei, or a broken). And I also voted for Satyr, even though they kind of fall under a class more than a race.
    No, Satyr are definitely a race. Not sure where you get that idea.

The only reason I thought that Satyr were more of a class is because they are descendants of the Highborne, and the Highborne are Elf Mages.
    i7-6700k | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 | CM Evo 212 | 16GB DDR4 2400 Corsair Vengeance | ASRock Fata1ity k6 z170 | NZXT 440 White |

Deleted
    Vrykul for the win.... Id race change all my toons if they ever became avaliable.
    Or they could use their models to update humans.... they look awesome imo and their animations and textures are excelent

I've wanted to play naga since the night elf campaign in WCIII when you played them for like one level... And yea I know blizzard would have trouble adapting gear to them but i still want one...

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Etheral ofc. But isnt there like 2 of these threads every week? :c
    No as far as I know. Last one was by me, and this is just a 2.0 of it, with better options, so the poll doesn't discriminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahjar View Post
    Why I didn't vote for:
    • Aqir - No Aqir currently exist in game. While the lore isn't entirely clear, it's likely that the Aqir are the evolutionary link between the other insectoid/arachnid races.
    • Darkfallen Elf - Probably the least populace of any of the Scourge undead, the exact means of their creation isn't known. With the Val'kyr being loyal to the Forsaken, and Forsaken being limited to humans in game, it seems unlikely that we'll see more of them. I suppose if one of the San'layn survived our assault on Icecrown, they could pass on their condition. Though if more were created in this way, they would probably form a faction loyal to the idea of rebuilding the Scourge, rather than join the Horde or Alliance.
    • Naga - The Naga in game have either been loyal to Azshara, the Old Gods, or Neptulon (or some combination thereof), which doesn't really leave much room for allying with player factions in any permanent capacity. There are some glaring technical issues with their serpentine shape when it comes to gear and mounts.
    -Aqir: I always imagined them as humanoids (think of the Twin Emperors)

-Darkfallen: they're blood elves who fell in Icecrown fighting against the Scourge with Kael and Illidan. They wouldn't want to make a new Scourge.

-Naga: The thread isn't about "possible future races", it's just about if you want them or not. Forget about technical limitations, just vote what you want, and don't care about stuff like "they make no sense" or "their model sucks".

10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa, Furbolg, and Ethereal have always been my choices.

Still waiting on fel orcs. Yeah, they are demonic and evil, but I still want to have them be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
    -Aqir: I always imagined them as humanoids (think of the Twin Emperors)
    I'm pretty sure that the Twin Emperors are Qiraji, not Aqir. Specifically, the Qiraji fall into castes; Battleguards, Gladiators, and Prophets, with the Twins at the top.

-Darkfallen: they're blood elves who fell in Icecrown fighting against the Scourge with Kael and Illidan. They wouldn't want to make a new Scourge.
    I supposed you could argue that with the demise of the Lich King (their Lich King; the one that created them) surviving San'layn might take up their previous banner and beliefs, but that's a fairly rare occurrence in lore. Far more frequently, undeath is accompanied by an almost euphoric (or at least empowering) sensation best described by Lady Deathwhisper. For the most part, it seems as though the San'layn were allowed a liberal amount of free-will even during the Lich King's rule; such was necessary for them to fill the influential positions that they held within the Scourge. Despite this, whenever players encounter them, they seem perfectly willing to combat us and forward the cause of the Scourge, rather than help us subvert it from the inside. While the San'layn may not want to rebuild the Scourge per se, it's pretty likely that they'd desire to spread the power and "benefits" of undeath with their living relatives and possibly beyond.

-Naga: The thread isn't about "possible future races", it's just about if you want them or not. Forget about technical limitations, just vote what you want, and don't care about stuff like "they make no sense" or "their model sucks".
    That's fine and all, but the Naga still aren't suitable for a player race. Remember, the Highborne weren't exactly nice folks to begin with; and even more, weren't all that grounded in reality. As Naga, they are undeniably touched by the Old Gods, and while they don't seem to be insane to the degree that many Old God followers are, it's entirely possible that those dark beings could assert their will directly through any Naga whenever they desire it. Further, the Highborne were intensely loyal to Azshara before their transformation, as it's likely that many Naga are just as worshipful of their queen, if not driven to be more so during their isolation in the depths. There have been some defectors; I think there's all of a handful in game, that have broken ties with Azshara and her Old God benefactors in favor of direct worship of Neptulon, but they're made out to be a small cult of rare renegades (called things like Heretic and imprisoned). None of these affiliations make for good interaction with player factions; Azshara seems determined to establish herself as the supreme ruler of the seas, and subsequently the world above, and while Neptulon has tolerated the presence and assistance of mortals in the past, but he's far from what either the Horde or Alliance should count as an "ally." The Naga at large seem unwilling to deviate from their current affiliations; as Elves they valued power and beauty; and as such, their current alignment is with powerful beings. Azshara is still likely one of the most power arcanists on Azeroth, the Old Gods are massively powerful, and Neptulon is venerable because of his association with the sea. There's nothing that the Horde or Alliance can currently, reasonably offer any Naga that's as valuable or powerful as what they're currently given.
    Last edited by Sahjar; 2011-12-05 at 08:21 PM.

I think any playable race should be able to 'feasibly' ride the existing ground/flying mounts. I will not rule out Naga, because they are normal humanoid size, and they could sit semi-coiled with one fin to the side. However Nerubians can never ride these mounts, they just don't fit. The playable race must be humanoid or humanoid-like.

Races that are too similar to existing races and not interesting enough for an expansion: broken, darkfallen, furbolg (pandaren).

I like vrykul, ogres, satyres, arrakoa, even murlocs.

However I don't like ethereals, because with normal armor on they would look just like humans (boring).
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Sporelings and Yeti!

I'm serious, I love them both.

But I'd want Arakkoa and Ethereals on the Alliance first.

with Aqir / Nerubians / whatever on the Horde. With Ogres.
    Twas brillig

DRAGONKIN!!! makes some sense since like there queens or kings lay a bajillion of them a day, also the fact that the leaders are all mortals now, so they can really serve as a new race
    Tell my why i have to be a power slave!

Seems I did well remaking this, vrykul are really popular and I didn't include them before .

Seems I did well remaking this, vrykul are really popular and I didn't include them before .

Nnnnngh, they're just tall humans that act like orcs!
    Twas brillig

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa are my second choice x)

Never murloc or Naga.. i love them the way they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Nnnnngh, they're just tall humans that act like orcs!
    Yeah, I would never vote for them, but seems people likes them, so I added the option. There's no complaints about missing races yet, so I guess this version is better than the previous one. The max number of options is 15, and all the major races are already here.

Kalu'ak! I love cows, and the walrus people of Northrend remind me a lot of the cows... <3

The fallen belf and dranei should be some kinda of quest type thing for the classes.... YOU GET THE OPTION TO BE BROKE OR NOT...

Some good ideas... some unplayable.. But tbh i highly doubt the current races in wow will be playable.. they will have to bring in newer ones... like pandas.

I basically voted for: Arakkoa, Dragonkin, Ethereal, Naga and Ogre because I would think they would be interesting new playable races.
    But I also voted for: Broken Draenei, Darkfallen Elves, Vrykul because I would like them to be possible to at least resemble via character creation. (Not so much as own race)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?