Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR: I never thought I'd say . . .

382 Feral Tank LF Heals/DPS for LFR quick-queue PST

what do you mean? lol

Oh how the tables turn

Find a healer to Q with, instant.

Having been a tank for so long...anything but instant-queue drives me nuts.

LFR Karma is a bitch!

with the way the ratios are laid out you need 2 -tanks 6 - healers 17- dps. It's basically the exact opposite of a LFD because instead of tanks being in short supply it's the dps and heals that run the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    what do you mean? lol
    Basically, he's making the point that Tanks have a very long queue for LFR, because there's only two spots per raid for them. So instead of Healers and DPS asking him to Tank for them so they get quick queues in LFD, it is now the other way around: he has to ask Healers and DPS to join him so he gets the quick queues.

And thus, the joke is ruined. Good day.

How long is the tank queue usually? On my dps it's usually about 3-4 minutes when I've tried, which was a pleasant surprise.

Well it's only fair that after years of instant queues, tanks now have to wait a bit. Isnt't it?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    It just proves what the tanks themselves have been saying all this time is true.

LFD tank shortage was never about shortage of tanks in general, it was about shortage of tanks willing to do LFD.

Personally I didn't mind the LFD wait on my alts as dps, and I don't mind the LFR wait on my tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    How long is the tank queue usually? On my dps it's usually about 3-4 minutes when I've tried, which was a pleasant surprise.
    Typically for me it has ranged 17 minutes to 57 minutes varying on the server time.

Does this mean that dps should get a loot bag at the end of LFR in order to stimulate them to queue?

Deleted
    its instant queue as healer, but still took me 20mins to join one due to the only runs popping up were in progress with bosses dead, so took about the same as dps queue :P

I have no sympathy. Any class that can tank can DPS. It's not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    It just proves what the tanks themselves have been saying all this time is true.

LFD tank shortage was never about shortage of tanks in general, it was about shortage of tanks willing to do LFD.
    Exactly.

I was also vocal about the role distribution of loot, which is pretty much focussed on stopping dps and tanks rolling on each other loot. What I would prefer is to be able to list all roles I can fulfil so the system can use me in the best way possible, but also select a particular gear MS, which is separate from the server's selection of the role I fill (as long as the chosen MS is actually one of the options I've chosen for my possible role). When I run the dungeon, my loot roles obey my MS, not my current role. So currently tanks do not really have the option to play as dps.

Currently the game has been developed for 20% of players to be tanks, within 5s and 10s, and 12% in old 25s. The new system has only spots for 8% of all players to be tanks. There are 2.5 tanks per tanking spot in the new system *, and you must queue as tank only if you want tank loot.

Furthermore, some fights are still single tank fights, meaning that even when you get into the raid, you've only got a 50% chance of being the tank for those fights. It feels like the game is very anti-tank at the moment.

* All assuming the number of tanks in existence match the 20% ratio.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Does this mean that dps should get a loot bag at the end of LFR in order to stimulate them to queue?
    I don't see why not if they're needed. But currently it appears to be Healers and never DPS that are lacking.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Thank you for the reminder. I don't get my loot bag either! This is a double whammy when combined with the long queue times. They should give loot bags to everyone....the only qualification is that you have 0 resilience. ;-)

Yeah, it's only fair to punish players with tank for mistakes Blizzard's made. That makes a lot of sense. /smh

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post

Personally I didn't mind the LFD wait on my alts as dps, and I don't mind the LFR wait on my tank.
    Its more about different coeficients.

LFD need 1 healer and 3 dps per tank.
    LFR needs 3 healers and 8.5 DPS per tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Well it's only fair that after years of instant queues, tanks now have to wait a bit. Isnt't it?
    I wouldn't say this with all the burden on tanks shoulders
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very much enjoying insta-queues for LFR and 3-4 minute waits for LFD. Roll a healer guys, just for playing whack-a-mole we get the least amount of waiting \o/ And as for the gear, if it's got spirit it's probably heading your way!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.