Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuas View Post
    I wonder if turtle tank = no fading light... Or i wonder if it will still apply on another random target.
    Even if it's used on other target, you could avoid double tanking it, since there's no +damage debuff requiring tank swaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i want to know is how the turtle stayed on the twilight realm if the hunter had to go to the living realm to not get 1shot.
    Or maybe they used other players for that? Sounds really risky as he can melee other people during those quick threat wipes (happened on our 10man kill).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say this is an exploit, but I would say this is not working as intended...

A hunters pet should NOT be able to handle tanking an end game raid boss in current content... Turtles need a nerf, but is not an exploit.

So in typical MMOC fashion, the facts are buried beneath dozens of pages of 10vs25.

Was this an actual exploit? Did they use the pet tank to totally circumvent Fading Light? Or did the hunter just use the 1-tank trick where you hit your button at <1s remaining cast time, and then spam taunt as you come out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let Exodus explain - especially Kripp.
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care.

Quote Originally Posted by prinah View Post
    Let Exodus explain - especially Kripp.
    At this time I cant really go over the details of how we managed to kill the boss, or why we brought 2 hunters

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    On heroic Fading light hits 2 random targets and not always the tank as on normal mode. Meening, they could have gotten lucky aswell. But Fading Light isn't hitting pets is intended I think, like all other random raid debuffs. As it would be cheesing it with more pet classes = lower chance of players getting it.

Edit. Saw that kripp posted right before me. So if my post is incorrect, just disregard it.

Depends, if the turtle doesn't get hit by fading light then it could be considered an exploit.
    But tbh clever use of game mechanics imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian View Post
    At this time I cant really go over the details of how we managed to kill the boss, or why we brought 2 hunters
    I know, but in time. Clever use of mechanics > I see no threats.
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care.

Quote Originally Posted by prinah View Post
    I know, but in time. Clever use of mechanics > I see no threats.
    race is still going. Right now it looks like 8/8 heroic is possible this week

10+ Year Old Account
    Go get em'!

Why would a debuff not targetting pets be an exploit.... They never have. It's just a creative use of mechanics. Though I can see blizzard hotfixing hour of twilight to now require an actual player. Then again who knows, maybe blizzard left it out to see if someone would do it.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I can see blizzard hotfixing hour of twilight to now require an actual player.
    I dont think thats the issue, because heroic will uses the phasing mechanic (like halion, and similarities dont stop there), so when the player goes out, the turtle goes out aswell.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh grats to you guys but what a let down if that's so...

I would have thought the hunter going out of the realm makes the turtle disappear from there also so maybe a rotation of tank-a-like cooldowns, It doesn't sound impossible and hunter pets have tanking like talents, I see no reason blizzard don't intend for a pet to tank on occasion, someone found a way. Woo.

Lousy exploit was lousy if the turtle does stay in for fading light though I guess.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2011-12-07 at 02:39 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

2 hunters and a rogue would be part of our setup too, if we were going for that. But we're a bit shit, so we're not. :P

Between Deterrence (and Readiness) and Cloak of Shadows (and the tank CDs), you've easily got enough to have 2 people soaking the Hour of Twilight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Ugh grats to you guys but what a let down if that's so...

I would have thought the hunter going out of the realm makes the turtle disappear from there also so maybe a rotation of shadow priest disperse, paladin bubbles and the like was the key here....Or such other tank-a-like cooldowns, It doesn't sound impossible and hunter pets have tanking like talents, I see no reason blizzard don't intend for a pet to tank on occasion, someone found a way. Woo.

Lousy exploit was lousy if the turtle does stay in for fading light though I guess.
    Most likely cool down managing and swapping mechanics had to be on point.

2 hunters and a rogue would be part of our setup too, if we were going for that. But we're a bit shit, so we're not. :P

Between Deterrence (and Readiness) and Cloak of Shadows (and the tank CDs), you've easily got enough to have 2 people soaking the Hour of Twilight.
    This, too. Misdirects anyone?

I hope Ultraxion dropped the Heroic T13 Shell for all his trouble
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

cant wait til theres a few more kills on it and kripp can spill the secret

wouldnt be surprised if they just managed to kill it normally without a turtle tank and this is all just hypothetical hyperbole

@kripp are you guys still raiding? or called it a night?

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    cant wait til theres a few more kills on it and kripp can spill the secret

wouldnt be surprised if they just managed to kill it normally without a turtle tank and this is all just hypothetical hyperbole

@kripp are you guys still raiding? or called it a night?
    we are still going. very close on close-to-impossible-gunship2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    we are still going. very close on close-to-impossible-gunship2.0
    I vote Mr Smite!