Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

*Tinfoil Hat* Blizzards 'fixing' the World First race.

Blizzard got sick of Paragon and Ensidia being the poster boys for WoW... Seeing as both those guilds publicly criticize Blizzard. (Just listen to the Ensidia interview on Manaflask posted 2 days ago... Ensidia lay into Blizzard by calling them incompetent etc)

Blizzard are also sick of EU guilds dominating the game and the WoW devs feel the US should be at the top.

So, the plot begins. Blizzard decide to invite Blood Legion and Vodka to Blizzcon, (When 90 percent of players would have prefered to see Paragon v Method) Wait what? They are both US Guilds... Intresting.

So, the plot thickens. Blizzard ignore mass complaints about the LFR loot bug on PTR and let it go to live... Blizzard also ignore bug reports on live (Confirmed by Ensidias members taking screenshots of the tickets) Also if you listen to the Manaflask podcast with Ensidia, there was a GM present when Ensidia were exploiting and the GM said nothing to Ensidia about it... Which is strange seeing as usually GM's jump straight in and warn them about bugs etc.

So basically Blizzard was sitting there watching the top guilds exploit and didn't do anything about it... basically allowing this drama to happen... But... wait. It just so happens that the only 2 guilds out of the top 30 who didn;t exploit are... thats right... The two guilds who BLIZZARD chose to be the Blizzcon posterboys.

I have two theorys here... Either Blood Legion and Vodka did exploit and Blizzard helped cover it up... Or they were warned not to do it by GM's.

The the Icing on the cake. Instead of hotfixing the bug and banning the players Blizzard waited till the end of the week to ban them... Thus removing them from the World First race.

According to Blizzards policy, the max ban you can get is 72 hours... There has never been an 8 day ban in the history of WoW. Why would Blizzard, whos official stance is that they don;t care about World Firsts, suddenly decide to severely limit Paragon etcs ability to challenge for World First when they said themselves that they don;t care about World Firsts?

IMO... They want Blood Legion or Vodka to win... So they can use them to make more money off the game and promote more PvE stuff. Blizzard hate the fact that Paragon and Ensidia refuse to kiss their ass and they want the top guilds to support Blizzard and stop changing their customers minds about them.

Ie. When Paragon makes statements about Blizzards inability to release live raid content without bugs... Blizzards customers read that and have a worse opinion of Blizzard... Blizzard want the Poster boys to say 'nice' things about Blizzard. Blood Legion and Vodka have never had a bad word to say about Blizzard. Whereas all the other guilds publicly slate Blizzard on forums, websites, podcasts and Interviews... and Blizzard wants to stop that by killing off these guilds chances at World Firsts.

Also, it seems very suspicious that Blood Legion and Vodka are SO close in all their kills... All but one boss so far has been killed within 10 minutes or less of each other... That is the first time this has ever happened. No Race has been this close before (Well I say race... It's more like a two horse race.) So, I think Blizzard is secretly helping the guilds.

Ultraxion 25 man HC was supposed to be a huge cockblock... But Exodus downed it in 10 man... Then oh, what do you know? As soon as Blood Legion come back online the next day to start HC Progress again they down the Boss... the same Boss which just 6 hours ago they were wiping at 40 percent on... So overnight by some miracle they seemed to have gained 40 percent extra DPS... Then oh, Vodka get it as well. I think a GM is nerfing the boss just for those two guilds (Whether Blood Legion and Vodka are aware of that is another matter) Ultraxion 25 Man was supposed to be a huge gear check, like Baleroc but they downed it after a few attempts after waking up on day 2. Martin Fury much?

To put it in perspective... Enigma are wiping at 60 percent. There is no way in hell Blood Legion has 60 percent more DPS than Enigma... Enigma are still in the top 40 guilds in the world and are decked out with 25 members with full BiS gear.

TL;DR... Blizzard added the raid finder bug to bait the top EU guilds into getting banned... they banned them so Blizzard could ensure either Vodka or Blood Legion would get #1 and #2 so they can have the new poster boys as US guilds who fully support Blizzard... Instead of EU guilds who publicly criticize Blizzard.

I fully believe this is a conspiracy coming from deep within Blizzards financial team. They don;t want players to hear good stuff about the game so they are trying to remove the 'outspoken' guilds from the game so their reputation isn't damaged.

It's the same thing that happened to TotalBiscuit... He has 100000's of followers on youtube and he openly ripped Blizzard a new one because of their sub-par content... So they banned his forum account and removed his PTR access.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love conspiracies :P It all seems plausible to some extent, but then again, I don't think Blizzard would risk it

TotalBiscuit got sick of WoW, that's why he doesn't make vids about it anymore. it has nothing to do with Blizzard "cutting him off"

But yeah, this whole post is one giant conspiracy. I highly doubt Blizzard would do this.

Btw, BL and vodka did abuse the LFR to get gear, but they did it in a more legit manner. They used their alts to stream gear to their mains, which is -technically- not against the rules.

Deleted
    Illuminati all over again

Seriously? They'd allow a game breaking exploit to remain in the game intentionally due to.... racial/national prejudice?

I've heard some silly ideas in my day, but dayum.

Deleted
    yeah, but no

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, its potentially possible, however, i dunno if it is this extensive.

Tbh i think it might be the oposite aka making world first more interesting. If you look at dates alot of world first and seconds on last bosses are about 10~ days of.
    Maybe, just maybe, blizzard is doing it to make it abit more interesting for people to watch (while not caring about it ofc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to corporate america kid. You can do whatever you want, just so long as you can pay the consequence. Ain't the first time shit like this has happened, definately won't be the last. That's why this is the greatest nation in the world, piss somebody off enough and you'll end up getting what's coming to ya.

OT: I stopped playing WoW a couple months back, needed a break. But you mean to tell me that (even IF your assumptions are correct) that Blizzard would just sit idly by while even AFTER they attempt to fix things the way that EVERYONE wants them to be done to where they bend over backwards and prostrate themselves for every fan that they wouldn't finally lash out at a couple of groups that have been the most vocal? You need to wake up kid. And, still, if assuming you are correct it has been a long time coming. I mean, god forbid that Blizzard finally gets annoyed at people who just criticize thier every move with absolutley no intentional or constructive feedback.

Note: I wrote this from the viewpoint of someone that has, yes, lost interest in this game. Not because it has lost it's luster or epic feel, but becuase of people like the OP who degrade every move that Blizzard has made over the past couple of years with absolutely no proof or any ounce of evidence...let alone intellegence.

Deleted
    Seems legit!

yup. Me and Mr. Scruffles agree with you.
    See this is a picture of us agreeing with you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Americans, you never know do you :P

Deleted
    it was a good read, could be true, and lol to all the people who believe that conspiracys just cannot exist

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy jeebus, what a bunch of blackbelted nonsense.

MAYBE its all a scheme to hype Blood Legions documentary

MAYBE the documentary film crew planted "raiders" in the other elite raid guilds

MAYBE the planted raiders "discovered" the bug all at the same time and convinced their guilds to take advantage of it

MAYBE the film crew has big money riding on the success of the guild and then success of the documentary.

MAYBE they convinced blizz to not fix the bug and just punish the abusers.

MAYBE:

entertaining read tho :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    ...let alone intellegence.
    While i agree somewhat with your post... This, irony .p

Anyway, while all of this sounds plausible, it's also unlikely. An international business like Blizzard wouldn't do stuff like this. If it was in any way leaked, what would happend to them? Really, while a lot of players credit Blizzard of being stupid, i hardly think they are THIS stupid

I call coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I <3 conspiracy theories!

It's a lovely thought, but it's mental. Fun read though!
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Or maybe.. Blizzard allowed the exploit to go live to see if Ensidia and Paragon could be good boys, to see if they could loosen the leash and have them make their own decision of what's good and what's bad. Maybe this is secretly Blizzards plan to give our conscience another chance! But sadly, Ensidia and Paragon made the wrong decision, leaving us doomed for eternity!!!

Or Blizzard invited Vodka and Blood Legion because they're in America and as such would find it easier to get to Blizzcon than people in the EU would. Crazy idea, I know.

Honestly this is a hilarious read. Thanks for coming up with it. Made my morning. Keep up the good work and don't lose the tinfoil hat!

2 things are facts. Blizz knew about the bug and they let it get out of hands and destroy this tier race. I am not sure why ... maybe they think this kind of drama is what WoW players want. WoW 4.3 ... testing new tabloid format.