Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yep sweden is the best will have mine on friday tho

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I don't know if you are trolling me or what. Yes obviously any software can be pirated and available for download via a torrent. However this game still requires a subscription to play, so even though you've downloaded it for free guess what you're still paying for your account. How you attain the game is moot once you pay your account subscription. Sure LucasArts/EA/BW lose out on the hard copy sale but shit I'd rather have the years subscription than the box sale.
    Relax, i'll buy the first round at the Cantina and we can laugh about this.

Don't see how this is advantageous at all. Can't log in until your account is flagged for it anyway.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do not want! There's not enough time! Arrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    Don't see how this is advantageous at all. Can't log in until your account is flagged for it anyway.
    It's certainly reassuring having it before launch date at least.

And I get to play with my Malgus statue, brb. (sarcasm).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Just checked my own order, from the same place. Apparently it was sent yesterday. Yay for me!

Probably the peace of mind of just having it, even it's collecting dust on a shelf for a couple weeks.

In the end it likely doesn't matter, but all the same I'd like to have my physical copy now too At least I wouldn't be wondering if it's going to even there for me on the 20th, or if I get a sincere apology "I'm really sorry, we'd love to sell copies to everyone, but we just didn't get enough copies to fill every order."

Not to say any of that would happen, but I guess a lot of these threads wouldn't exist if all the retail boxes were just shipped early.

That being said, I sort of expect they will, with all the stink about it. I suspect not all retailers got the memo yet though, that it's OK to ship before the ship date.

It's just one less thing for the lucky few to worry about. I've heard enough horror stories of waiting weeks after a game's release date for a pre-order to arrive at players' homes (usually through a select few vendors). I'm vaguely curious how my pre-order will turn out, as I ordered through a website I've never tried before, much less for anything as exciting and "sensitive" as an MMO launch.

My Envy setting is now on, Sweden. Congrats for those who managed their physical copy early - admire it while you can, because you'll forget it exists as soon as you can log in! (even more envy!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I ordered mine from Best Buy...

...bad mistake. Hey at least it wasn't from Walmart!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't advantageous. It is just cool to say "hey I've got mine and check this out".

Thats in I'm moving in with my relatives in Sweden

I preordered mine from Webhallen aswell, will probably get mine tomorrow HUZZAH!!

Damn those swedes always getting everything before us finns. Hmm.. then again I'm getting my CE on the 15th and I plan to leave everything else unopened for reselling except the game so in this instance I actually don't care that much. This just proves a general point about the ranking list of the northern countries.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Apparantly it was a mistake haha, webhallen broke street date. Also it seems only the Collectors was sent out. (Preordered standard from webhallen, they haven't sent mine.)

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/144881488071110656

DAT STATUE. :3

Haha omg sooooo close! I can't wait!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    it's offical, imjellybro. big gratz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    That is why Sweden is the superior country.

Skål.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Oy. Boasting is not very swedish!

But cheers anyways.
    Sorry, but it very, very, very much is, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon has mine pegged to be delivered on the 23rd, but apparently Bioware are working with Amazon to sort something out to get it shipped earlier, so I'm hoping it can be delivered closer to the 20th, 23rd sounds yuck.

Source:
    @Rockjaw
    Stephen Reid
    @Neo_Wolf We're working with them to ship early, but that doesn't guarantee launch day delivery to everywhere in the world.

Or just search for Rockjaw on Twitter. :P
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-08 at 09:47 PM.

Damn it, why did I have to live next door to Sweden?

Anyway, grats man, super jelly! Though I still hope stores are gonna sell it on the 15th, nice to have it before the official opening.

Ordered the CE aswell from same place and it have been shiped. Think they started shiping it so people are sure to have it for the 13th. They wrote earlier they would start shiping then but changed that to that we should have it for the 15th. Might be due to saturday and sunday cooming up and then the post office are classed. The street dates are different on post orders then in retail stores.