Stat scaling for non patchwerk fights

Does stat scaling hold regardless of whether a fight is single or multi-target and whether the mobs being attacked are boss level or not, or does the relationship break dependent on these various factors?

For example, on fights like Yor'sahj where killing the mana void and globules is arguably a higher priority than killing the boss and those adds are lower than boss level, thus requiring less hit, does the importance of hit rating for that specific fight suffer? If we reduced hit, would our overall personal dps suffer even if we do more damage to the adds or is there a specific even out point?

Another example, for Destro locks the current best secondary stat according to simcraft is mastery. However, desto's mastery only affects fire damage and bane of havoc is shadow damage (it would be awesome if it was fire damage and allow us to double dip). Thus, on a fight like heroic Morchok where you put havoc on one of the mobs, would mastery's place as the best stat be overtaken by another secondary? (In this example I think the relationship probably holds, but i'm not sure)

Another example, on multi add fights where affliction is multi dotting everything in sight and there really isn't much time to to put out shadowbolts, would mastery take over for haste since afflictions mastery only affects dots but i believe the dots benefit more from mastery than from haste?

Indeed while SimCrafting a patchwerk style fight gives a good general idea of what stats are good in theory, in practice the exact stat weights are almost always little different. A true hardcore min-maxer would have different gear/reforging/spec for almost every fight.

SimCraft does have options to simulate more complex fights too, but this is a bit more challenging and I haven't seen much discussion about the topic, everyone just take the patchwerk weights and settle with that, which is safe choice and often probably correct, but sometimes not really most optimal.

Bane of Havoc says it's 15% of all other damage, so I'd think this scales equally with all stats by giving 15% damage increase always, although I don't think it counts imp damage but I suppose it won't make a big difference, if imp benefits from all stats too.

Affliction multidotting would probably make the stat weights somewhat different too, but haste sounds still good there.

But especially for hit rating the true weight is not so simple to calculate, part of it's value is lost on fights where's lot of adds, although the loss from missed casts may be bigger than in simulation, depending on player and what's important. But look at the Spine of Deathwing -encounter, ALL the mobs there are level 87, so you would not miss even with 6% hit rating, if you have 17% hit in this fight then you're effectively losing 1100 stat points that could be used elsewhere.