Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    I don't even agree with people who say the 2013 Heat are one of the greatest teams ever.
    People say that? I can think of much better teams than the 2013 Heat. Not say they're bad or anything like that, just saying...

To the people saying that, are they saying that because of the regular season streak? To that, I say are the Oakland A's one of the best because of their streak? What should be measured is what happens in the post season, not regular season.

All I've been saying is that it's fucking retarded when people try to bring up caveats when talking about the Heat's championship, particularly since it's not as if the Spurs weren't lucky as well. Period.
    Yeah, you have to remember that all teams have that lucky / clutch / whatever moment, it just so happens that the Heat had it when it mattered the most.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-10-10 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    jreg

It's clear that he is either mentally challengedfixed or a big fat troll.
    In both cases it is inadvisable to make any kind of contact.

Please do not feed him even further. This is not what I came here to read.

Infracted: Please refrain from insults

^ It is so much easier to CTRL+F 'troll' than to read >5 words and find out why.
    Bonus points for reacting for aforementioned not-a-troll-in-the-slightest's report. I like the smell of irony in the evening.
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2013-10-10 at 07:12 PM. Reason: [no sarcasm]because moderators are not lazy and are very intelligent[/no sarcasm]

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    No you idiot, that's not AT ALL what I'm saying. Notice how I said you made jabs at the Heat which ended up being WRONG?
    WRONG? Not sure what you are referring to other than Ray Allen traveling? By the rule, that is most definitely traveling. Whether or not it should have been called at other times is irrelevant. He traveled. Again, I dont see why you are getting so butt hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    jreg

It's clear that he is either mentally challengedfixed or a big fat troll.
    In both cases it is inadvisable to make any kind of contact.

Please do not feed him even further. This is not what I came here to read.
    Flaming/Calling people a troll is against TOS. I'd advise being careful. If you want to discuss why you think 4 months after the Finals are over I randomly decided to start trolling Heat fans, then be my guest. You are basically implying that anyone who thinks the Heat were not the superior team is mentally challenged, which is pretty idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Yeah, you have to remember that all teams have that lucky / clutch / whatever moment, it just so happens that the Heat had it when it mattered the most.
    Right, which is what I said from the beginning - it sucks that the luck went the Heat's way because I so badly wanted to Tim Duncan to win again. And apparently that makes me a troll/idiot/homer/heat hater/mentally challenged... I think that's everything? Had it been the Pacers instead of the Heat and the Finals played out the exact same way, I would have said the exact same thing. You Heat fans are just so sensitive because there are so many people who want you to lose.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-10-10 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    If you want to discuss why you think 4 months after the Finals are over I randomly decided to start trolling Heat fans
    To be fair, Heat "fans" do deserve to be trolled. I mean, this happened.

So apparently Magic Johnson isn't gonna be on ESPN crew anymore.

Not sure about you guys but I don't really give a fuck lol, TNT Crew is vastly superior. I don't even watch ESPN crew except when I forget to change the channel during halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 5 preseason games today.

NYK TOR
    Fri 7:00 PM ET

BOS PHI
    Fri7:00 PM ET

CLE ORL
    Fri7:00 PM ETNBATV

CHA MIA
    Fri8:30 PM ET

UTA POR
    Fri9:00 PM ET

I'll probably check out NYK game just to see how they look. Only other one I have access too is Cleveland and Orlando. No one cares about Orlando but maybe I'll sneak a peak of Kyrie and how new revamped Cavs are doing. (Rumor is some kid asked Kyrie if he's gonna leave like Lebron did LOL.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Down by 15 and without our superstar player. I don't blame them for leaving. You do know the bulls have been nearly sold out ever since the Jordan years don't you.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bullst...ce_091028.html

Can't compare the Heat's fair weather fans to Chicago's proven fan base.

Yeah but wasn't that in game 6? Like. Wouldn't you want to see the championship ceremony and stay behind anyway? That was unclassy as fuck.

It really should surprise no one that South Florida fans are terrible. No one in any sport down there consistently draws crowds unless they are good. I remember after Marino retired there were a lot of local black outs for a while in the NFL. I think Miami Hurricane football is the only thing that stays pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    It really should surprise no one that South Florida fans are terrible. No one in any sport down there consistently draws crowds unless they are good. I remember after Marino retired there were a lot of local black outs for a while in the NFL. I think Miami Hurricane football is the only thing that stays pretty popular.
    Ya Florida sports fan pretty much suck regardless of the team. Dolphins, Heat, Magic, Rays, doesnt matter.

And Lakers01 your link makes no sense. Yes those bulls fans left early... and the team got blown out by 23. I dont see how that compares in any way to fans leaving early while their team is still in it and actually come back to win the game (aka what the Heat did)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're joking, right?

While I'm not taking sides, I would like to say that there's a difference between being down a large amount of points, and a deficit that is possible to overcome. If there's a remote chance, I'm sticking around.

And you don't have to stick around for the ceremony, just wait until 0:00 and then leave.

I'm not on a side either but if you're a fan of only a particular team and only stick around for a win you're a fucking bandwagoner for sure. You have a ticket to what would have been the best game of the entire NBA season, the last game, which includes not only the end of your teams season (look at how Golden state cheered for Warriors when they lost) but also you get to watch the crowning of the NBA champion and get to see history made as Tim Duncan is cemented as best PF ever. I disagree with Iced, you don't stick around until 0:00, you stay until the end. Being there isn't about being a Heat fan, it's about being a basketball/NBA fan.

But of course most of the people there were probably season ticket holders (I can't afford and/or take the time to go to 47ish games a season AND playoffs. Reselling tickets is unreliable and i couldn't live with myself to not attend a game I paid for) or they were just rich and bought tickets off of season ticket holders for thousands of dollars.

Oh but this isn't to "troll what fans" lol, this is just some discussion about how some people can be so scummy.

(Interestingly enough I said I'd leave the NBA Draft after the first round. Someone should call me out on that so we can argue.)

I just find the Heat fan bashing to be lazy and kind of sad. Hey, their basketball team is really good so instead of talking basketball, I'm going to pretend I'm a better fan then the entire fanbase because some people left early. Also because they are good eveyone must be a bandwagon fan.
    To be fair, I am speaking from personal experience since I actually lived in South Florida for a good 15 years. I've been to Heat, Marlins, and Panthers games. Fans show up late and leave early. You can hear the players talking. Especially when teams from New York or Philly are in town, there are often more fans of the opposing team in the stands. That stopped for the Heat when Lebron came to town.

As a contrast to those Heat fans, remember the Boston crowd two years ago? Those fans stayed until the whistle and gave the team a standing ovation as the Heat bounced them out of the playoffs. Or the Marlins and the Rays who can't sell half the stadium despite winning championships recently, while the Cubs and Indians sell out every game. Did you know there's a hockey team down there too? I don't think they do either, oh except for that one season they were good and you couldn't find tickets anywhere.

To be fair, I think it's mostly because it's such a transient place. By that I mean, most people you meet aren't from there, and many people only live there for a few years. Those three teams are also relatively new compared to the rest of the leagues they are in. The Heat are the oldest at an ancient 25. So that team is just now becoming a team that people grew up with. The Marlins and Panthers are 20 years old. I'm not sure hockey will ever take off in Florida, and the Marlins seem to be actively antagonizing their fans so who knows what will happen there. A huge part of being a fan comes from childhood though, and those teams just don't have that bond with many people yet. I like mostly the teams that my dad liked, but grew up watching the Heat. My generation is really the first that could have that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I disagree with Iced, you don't stick around until 0:00, you stay until the end.
    The "0:00" comment was in reference to people leaving early, not my own personal beliefs. If your team is about to lose the NBA championship, you're under no obligation to watch the "enemy" being crowned, but if you're down by what, >6 with a reasonable amount of time, why would you leave early?

(Interestingly enough I said I'd leave the NBA Draft after the first round. Someone should call me out on that so we can argue.)
    Uhh, sure. *calls out*

you're under no obligation to watch the "enemy" being crowned
    I'm imagining if the Knicks or Nets were in the Finals against the Heat about to lose. I'd be sad of course.....but I think I'd stick around to watch the Heat get crowned nevertheless lol.

Uhh, sure. *calls out*
    How observant of you, you noticed:

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ...I'll let you come to 2014 NBA Draft with me. (But I'm leaving after first round probably.)
    I am truly impressed.

Nevertheless. There's a difference between watching some randoms in a draft for 2 hours in the second round than watching a championship team get crowned and Tim Duncan and blah blah.

You know, I lost my train of thought. I kept thinking of how cool it would be to see the draft lotto ping pong balls as opposed to the actual draft. And then after some googling I found out Ernest and Young an accounting/auditing firm sees the ping pong ball selections along with 30 team representatives.

And then I got mad because that same fucking career fair that I showed you guys the Rangers pin (I lost that shit by the way) and the Nets ruler there was an Ernest and Young booth and I should have gone and asked them to take me with them. I got fucking nothing out of that career fair. I even stopped by their booth to take the fucking "swag" they had. They had some cool mirrors and keychains and shit. God damnit.

Iced used your credentials to let me watch the actual lottery, fuck the draft.

what I was saying has nothing to do with "Heat bashing". I dont care if that video was the Bulls or the Knicks or the Lakers. Leaving early if you are getting annihilated is a lot more excusable than leaving when you still have a chance to win the game, even Bosh was annoyed at the Heat fans for that. I personally never leave early unless I have somewhere I have to be because I paid good money to watch this game so I am gonna get my monies worth.

The only time Chicago fans have truly embarassed me that I can remember is: The treatment of Rex Grossman and Steve Bartman. Another reason I hate Cubs fans

Wtf is this bullshit. Knicks had a preseason game today in Boston. Not on Knicks channel because of a fucking Rangers game. Then NBA.com says to check NBATV. I go there and see "lol sorry asshole this is blacked out in your area." Wtf.

No big deal, Nets are also hosting someone. I'll flip over to Nets channel. JK they aren't broadcasting it on that channel, they're showing some bullshit rerun of a sports analysis.

You think with two home teams and the national channels I'd have something to watch.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I know the excuses are coming for the bulls fans so get started.
    Apples to oranges has never been more relevant... I've NEVER seen a stadium full when the home team is down by 25 points with 5 mins to go. In contrast, I've NEVER seen that many fans leave a game with their team as close as they were (in a game of that magnitude at least). Seriously man, think before you post.

Awe you remember how I was complaining about how I couldn't see any preseason games yesterday? You know, two posts above this one? Apparently Derek Rose got taken out for knee soreness yesterday.

I ALWAYS MISS EVERYTHING.

I know what you guys are gonna say. "Shut the fuck up Blue you asshole Chicago hater. It's only natural that a guy has a little soreness in his knee after only starting to play after such a prolonged absence. And it's preseason so who cares? He'll be fine for regular season."

Well guys *wipes tears out of my eyes from your mean comments* actually my expert medical opinion is that it's normal to have some soreness after not playing so much...but the thing is since like....The playoffs....he's been doing practice with Chicago. You'd think 4 months later he'd have gotten rid of the soreness? Sure, you can say that it's different being in practice than it is being in an actual game, but I'd think he'd have pushed himself harder in practice to get better as opposed to relying to "catch up" during the season. Like how he said he gained 5 inches on vertical leap and other shit like that.

Do I think Derek Rose is gonna get reinjured? No I really don't. Do I think he's gonna suck this season? No but if he gets back in form it might not be in time or as well as certain people are proposing that he'll make MVP or that Chicago will get first seed.

Can we drop this argument now? This argument is going nowhere, fast.

I hope Rose is fine and doesn't miss any gametime. That would suck, I'm really interested to see how they operate with him again.