Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    I don't think the Mavs are going to make it in to the playoffs but that people are vastly underestimating the T-wolves. The real move they made was getting rid of players who were black holes of production, just wait, they'll be pretty exciting.
    It seems pretty clear to me that the Mavericks roster has improved from last season and they still made the playoffs. Outside of Dirk going down for the season I dont see any chance that they miss. Even when fully healthy T-Wolves werent very good, solid at best.

I actually think the Mavs are better off without Dwight Howard and Deron Williams, and the players they were able to snag do make them a better team. If Dirk is healthy. That's a big if for me right now though. If he has to miss an extended amount of time, I don't think Dallas can recover from that.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I would love to live in a world where the Wolves and Warriors make the playoffs. I just think we are a year away from that.
    Kevin Love broken right hand, he's gonna be out 6-8 weeks. Keep dreaming. That's at least a month of games, no way Wolves can come back and win enough games to make a good enough record for playoffs.

That's so fucking shitty too, I was gonna buy tickets to Nets v. Timberwolves since they were underpriced (since Timberwolves were considered underaverage, but hello, best power forward in league I'd love to see $55 a seat) for November 5th. Now I'm definitely not going to that game anymore lol....

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 04:28 PM ----------

I'll redo my West list, since somehow I forgot Grizzlies last time.

West:
    1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Clippers
    5. Denver
    6. Memphis
    7. Mavs if Dirk is healthy for a bit
    8. Golden State? Jazz?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kevin Love broken right hand, he's gonna be out 6-8 weeks. Keep dreaming. That's at least a month of games, no way Wolves can come back and win enough games to make a good enough record for playoffs.
    Hes out 6-8 weeks?! I somehow missed that and thought he stupidly injured himself for 2-3. So ya, hope Roy and AK go off to start the year or the Wolves are going to be real, real mediocre until Love is back.

Oh god I Google it and bam, right there is Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks. Well fuck. Now I am going to have to plug that gap in my LP with someone non-Wolves. Go go Houston's random kaleidoscope of random young players with like no real apparent team direction outside of "shit we got all these assets together and missed on Dwight now we just have 15 22 year olds."

Note: I do not fully understand my endless enthusiasm for the T-Wolves. I'm not from Minnesota. Kahn deserves to be fired then exiled to Antarctica because he is awful. I seriously can not wait until Rubio gets back.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-17 at 08:44 PM.

New rule: 90 secs for pre game rituals. Get ready quicker bitches, no more time for throwing anthrax in the air.

Btw REMATCH, Boston v. Nets tonight. I expect Boston to win, I think they're 0-4 LOL...

15+ Year Old Account
    New rule: 90 secs for pre game rituals. Get ready quicker bitches, no more time for throwing anthrax in the air.

Btw REMATCH, Boston v. Nets tonight. I expect Boston to win, I think they're 0-4 LOL...
    Stupidest fucking rule fucking ever. Hey David Stern. You want to actually speed up the game? Get rid of the dozens of timeouts in the second half. The last two minutes of a close NBA game shouldn't take 40 minutes to play. Kill the 20 second time outs. Force basketball teams to play actual basketball over the last two minutes. Stop them making constant defensive and offensive subs. Stop the hack-a-Dwight. But nah, lets focus on the extensive pre game rituals that eat literally an extra 30 seconds of time maybe and not the timeouts that eat tons of time (probably because the timeouts=more commercials).

Goddamn it. I was hoping for a good T-Wolves season but it appears it's going to be over before it began.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Goddamn it. I was hoping for a good T-Wolves season but it appears it's going to be over before it began.
    AK47 and Brandon Roy. They can do it!

Man conscript I really hope you are being sarcastic. Anyone relying on those 2 players for wins is delusional.

I know it's only pre-season but the Rockets look like they might have a chance at the playoffs with their team, should be interesting to see how that goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Stupidest fucking rule fucking ever. Hey David Stern. You want to actually speed up the game? Get rid of the dozens of timeouts in the second half. The last two minutes of a close NBA game shouldn't take 40 minutes to play. Kill the 20 second time outs. Force basketball teams to play actual basketball over the last two minutes. Stop them making constant defensive and offensive subs. Stop the hack-a-Dwight. But nah, lets focus on the extensive pre game rituals that eat literally an extra 30 seconds of time maybe and not the timeouts that eat tons of time (probably because the timeouts=more commercials).
    I agree with all that, but I don't think it's related to the pre-game rituals in any way. We're talking about players purposely delaying the game, some just sitting on the bench, just because. It's all a part of the problem with the NBA, where the superstars could literally get away with murder and they'd probably get a raise.

Michael Wilbon I think picked Utah for a dark horse to make the playoffs. Somehow I doubt it. Everybody's going crazy about what Jeremy Evans did to Ronny Turiaf, but really, it's one play. Who cares?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Michael Wilbon I think picked Utah for a dark horse to make the playoffs. Somehow I doubt it. Everybody's going crazy about what Jeremy Evans did to Ronny Turiaf, but really, it's one play. Who cares?
    Its also pre-season and its also Ronny Turiaf lol.

Just based on Wins
    1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Memphis
    5. Clippers
    6. Denver
    7. Dallas
    8. Utah

1. Miami
    2. Indiana
    3. Boston
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Chicago
    7. Philly
    8. Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Just based on Wins
    1. OKC
    2. Lakers
    3. Spurs
    4. Memphis
    5. Clippers
    6. Denver
    7. Dallas
    8. Utah
    Dirk is having knee surgery and I think he'll be out for like 6 weeks or some shit, but even then who knows if he's gonna be as good as usual. Dallas might not even make it. Those last 2 West spots are a toss up. If anything I'd put Dallas at 8 now.

Amare ruptured a cyst in his knee, missing 2-3 weeks. Not that long, but I'm sure he's gonna remain unhealthy. Knicks can't catch a fucking break.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish ESPN would stream their NBA studio show (along with their games). Not having ESPN is going to suck now that Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose are doing the studio show with Wilbon and Magic. God that is going to be entertaining. (I should really look into if Comcast lets me stream ESPN3 just by having their internet which they might).

Rubio is expected to be back about 20 games into the season for the Wolves. About the same time that Love will get back. In their 15 November games, they play four known quantity good teams, Brooklyn, Denver, Indiana and the Clippers. They play the Dirk-less Mavs and the Rose-less Bulls and Golden State twice. Their other eight games are against Sacremento, Toronto, Charlotte, Orlando, etc. that are mediocre to awful. If they can pull through the first month at .500 they will be going into December looking to get their two best players back shortly. I am officially back on the Wolves bandwagon.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 04:59 PM ----------

Amare ruptured a cyst in his knee, missing 2-3 weeks. Not that long, but I'm sure he's gonna remain unhealthy. Knicks can't catch a fucking break.
    I thought I typed this yesterday but apparently it didn't stick. Amare being hurt is a bad thing? The Knicks were fucking great last year without him. Having STAT on the BENCH and Melo playing PF made their offense really impressive at the end of the season. STAT and Melo have proven over two years that they can't function on the same court. STAT can't pass (or defend). Melo can barely pass but at least he does. Not sure if you saw it when someone started it a couple weeks ago, but in the Biggest ballhog thread I put up some usage to assist numbers for guys. STAT uses 15 possessions between assists, the worst margin in the league by far and especially so if you remove centers. I unashamedly call Melo a black hole constantly, but STAT is the real black hole on the team (well, at least the bigger one). Removing STAT from the lineup allows Melo to move to the 4 where he is faster than just about every matchup he will face except LeBron allowing him to be a tremendous cutter. There is a reason the Knicks would trade STAT (or take a pipe to his knees if they could get out of his contract that way). They are a better team with him on the bench in a suit than they are with him in uniform.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-22 at 04:36 PM.

Looks like the doctor who preformed dwight howards 1 hour, outpatient, non evasive surgery did a fantastic job. Looks like he was never injured.

Yeah but aren't the Lakers 0-6. Not that preseason counts but there was a lot of "72" talk, if you know what I mean.

TONIGHT son preseason Knicks vs. Nets at a stadium in New York that is niether team's home court. I actually used to go to see the circus at this stadium lol.

I hope they're gonna show the game on TV on one of my special channels, doesn't seem to be on NBATV. I should check for some tickets, eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but aren't the Lakers 0-6. Not that preseason counts but there was a lot of "72" talk, if you know what I mean.

TONIGHT son preseason Knicks vs. Nets at a stadium in New York that is niether team's home court. I actually used to go to see the circus at this stadium lol.

I hope they're gonna show the game on TV on one of my special channels, doesn't seem to be on NBATV. I should check for some tickets, eh?
    Only $91 on Ticketmaster for a mid section seat. For a pre-season game...

As for the Lakers. I wouldn't put any stock in their pre-season record. Playing weird rotations, not having a full line up until their last game, etc. The 72 talk is overblown (I think people should be looking in Miami if they want to see a team with 72 potential which even then is a total stretch), but the Lakers will get it together and be a great team this year.

Caved and added Comcast TV to my internet. Sweet talked the lady with my silky voice into allowing me to get their double play package so tv is only costing me about $15 more than I pay for the internet right now lol. Can't wait for Friday's ESPN NBA show.

Man, conscript, you are totally drinking the T-Wolves Kool Aid now. I guess I'd adopt a team if my actual team was the Pistons too, though.

My overwhelming confidence going into this season for my Heat can only end badly. As long as we don't lose to the Celtics or Lakers, I'll have some relief. Even I think the 70 win talk is too much. They'll take half the season off like they did last year, we all know it. The only reason I don't see the Lakers doing the same is because Kobe is insane. I'd give them an outside shot at winning that many. Even with 100% effort every day, and getting lucky by avoiding major injuries, it's still almost impossible to win that many games in today's league.