Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Yorshoj Heroic Active Ooze combos

Just wondered if anybody had compiled a list of active ooze combos yet so I can work out a strategy for each pre raid? Seems 6/20 combos active in normal; I expect something rather similar in heroic.

I have heard that yellow,purple,green,red can not happen if that helps. My guild went for zonozz first :/

Black, Purple, Yellow, Blue
    Black, Purple, Yellow, Green
    Black, Purple, Yellow, Red
    Black, Purple, Blue, Green
    Black, Purple, Blue, Red
    Black, Purple, Green, Red

Black, Yellow, Blue, Green
    Black, Yellow, Blue, Red
    Black, Yellow, Green, Red
    Black, Blue, Green, Red

Purple, Yellow, Blue, Green
    Purple, Yellow, Blue, Red
    Purple, Yellow, Green, Red
    Purple, Blue, Green, Red

Yellow, Blue, Green, Red

All possible combinations, but I haven't pulled yet on heroic so I'm not sure which ones aren't active.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight can be such a mess.
    The right thing to do atm seems to be yellow>green>purple and green over yellow or purple over yellow.

Still we have a hard time with purple one.

Deleted
    Keosen so green over yellow if you get red, green, yellow and X? And when should you kill the purple one above yellow?

You really have to just look at every possible combination and have a plan ahead of time on which one you will kill, as a priority order doesn't exactly work because certain colors are worse when paired with others, and its also dependant on what raid cooldowns you have available. For example, taking purple when there are no tank cooldowns available will likely result in a dead tank - likewise taking any combination of two or three damage colors will probably wipe you unless you have multiple raid cooldowns available. You also have to consider the dps loss of taking a black or blue in regards to how far ahead or behind you are on the enrage.

For example, yellow with any other sort of damage slime will cause an extremely high amount of raid damage. It would appear that green cannot be taken with red but I have seen logs where successful kills have done so. The mechanics seem to work in such a way that isn't really stated in raid finder. I'm not so sure that red is entirely random, and I am positive green is not random due to melee nearly never getting hit by it. Purple/blue and one damage slime (yellow/red/green/black) is probably the easiest combo. Green/yellow/red/black is probably the worst. As someone said: g/y/r/p is probably impossible and I'm pretty sure blizzard disabled this combo.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-12-07 at 10:51 PM.

Assuming 10H:

You generally want to 2 heal/1 tank the encounter and keep purple and black up as much as possible and minimize raid healing necessary. That means that as a rule of thumb, your kill priority is Green>Yellow>Red.

That pretty much means that if you get Green, Yellow and Red in the same combo, your healers are going to have a really bad time. You generally should pop BL and healing CDs (such as Tranq) at that point if it's not Purple. If you get Purple as well then use your non-healing CDs such as Raid-Wall and Aura Mastery. Obviously people should be using personal cooldowns at that point; Bubble/Cloak/Shield Wall (as DPS) etc., and you will hopefully get through it.

The biggest issue with keeping purple alive as much as possible is tank healing. It can be pretty tight and with a Paladin tank it was a bit hit and miss. He starts rotating CDs at 3 stacks and uses LoH for the last stack of the Purple debuff. Then it's just a matter of keeping him alive till it drops. Beacon doesn't proc the debuff so use it to your advantage.

Rejuvenation counts as one stack of Purple (it doesn't stack up per tick). Lifebloom does stack per tick, and I believe Wild Growth does too (confirm/deny?). Beacon doesn't stack it. Tranq will wipe you with Purple up. Healthstones are fine, as is Rogue Recuperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    Keosen so green over yellow if you get red, green, yellow and X? And when should you kill the purple one above yellow?
    Yeah we mostly tried green over yellow (couldn't kill him though), if both are up,
    else always yellow and if there is no yellow and no green go purple, never go purple over yellow since yellow it's really really hard.

Yellow > Green > Purple
    Yellow+Green = Green > Yellow > Purple
    No Yellow + No Green (yeah sure :P) = Purple

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    Assuming 10H:

You generally want to 2 heal/1 tank the encounter and keep purple and black up as much as possible and minimize raid healing necessary. That means that as a rule of thumb, your kill priority is Green>Yellow>Red.

That pretty much means that if you get Green, Yellow and Red in the same combo, your healers are going to have a really bad time. You generally should pop BL and healing CDs (such as Tranq) at that point if it's not Purple. If you get Purple as well then use your non-healing CDs such as Raid-Wall and Aura Mastery. Obviously people should be using personal cooldowns at that point; Bubble/Cloak/Shield Wall (as DPS) etc., and you will hopefully get through it.
    The scenario you quoted (purple red yellow green) does not happen in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    The scenario you quoted (purple red yellow green) does not happen in this fight.
    Are you sure? I'm almost certain we had a few wipes to it. Got a source?

Are you sure? I'm almost certain we had a few wipes to it. Got a source?
    My source is the scouring through logs of guilds who have successfully killed it never having this combination appear, and my own personal experience of never seeing it in 20+ wipes.

With only 15 possible combinations, the odds of that not appearing in all of the combinations I have looked at is astronomically low, combined with the fact that in theory the combination would be completely impossible in current gear unless you had a kings omelet of cooldowns to blow at once, leads me to assume that it just doesn't happen.

But of course, there is always a chance. But the fact that others are coming to the same conclusion independently leads me to believe that my assumption is true.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-12-07 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    My source is the scouring through logs of guilds who have successfully killed it never having this combination appear, and my own personal experience of never seeing it in 20+ wipes.

With only 15 possible combinations, the odds of that not appearing in all of the combinations I have looked at is astronomically low, combined with the fact that in theory the combination would be completely impossible in current gear unless you had a kings omelet of cooldowns to blow at once, leads me to assume that it just doesn't happen.

But of course, there is always a chance. But the fact that others are coming to the same conclusion independently leads me to believe that my assumption is true.
    Unless I'm reading this log wrong, it is possible.

Edit: I must be missing something. There was a second blob killed in that log that doesn't seem to show (or I can't see; it's late). Or perhaps we let all 4 go through on that attempt, I don't even remember. I stand corrected, it's still possible that Y/G/R/P doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Synexlol; 2011-12-07 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    I have been wiping to it tonight and I can confirm what was known through the videos on the PTR, there are only 6 combinations the boss would do.

Purple, Red, Yellow, Black
    Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow
    Blue, Black, Purple, Yellow
    Green, Red, Blue, Black
    Green, Yellow, Black, Red
    Purple, Green, Black, Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Rable View Post
    I have heard that yellow,purple,green,red can not happen if that helps. My guild went for zonozz first :/

Untrue, we killed it with this combo

Unless I'm reading this log wrong, it is possible.

Edit: I must be missing something. There was a second blob killed in that log that doesn't seem to show (or I can't see; it's late). Or perhaps we let all 4 go through on that attempt, I don't even remember. I stand corrected, it's still possible that Y/G/R/P doesn't happen.
    Aye 1st combo was Y/G/P/BLUE, you killed G.

2nd Combo was P/BLACK/Y/R. All 4 made it to the boss.

Paste this into the Query builder to see.

[{"spellNames": ["Acidic Blood of Shu'ma"]}, {"spellNames": ["Cobalt Blood of Shu'ma"]}, {"spellNames": ["Crimson Blood of Shu'ma"]}, {"spellNames": ["Black Blood of Shu'ma"]}, {"spellNames": ["Glowing Blood of Shu'ma"]}, {"spellNames": ["Shadowed Blood of Shu'ma"]}]

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyphant View Post
    Untrue, we killed it with this combo
    Do you have a log for this?

Ok, we wiped on it yesterday and recorded all combos we met. There are only six, and they are the same Espada wrote a few posts earlier.
    So we've done a list of what we want to kill in each combo. Didn't kill boss yet, so it may not work. This post is an asking for advice, not advice itself.

Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green
    Yellow, Blue, Purple Black (still not sure if Yellow is more correct)
    Yellow, Purple, Black, Red
    Yellow,Green, Black, Red
    Blue, Purple, Green, Black
    Blue, Green, Black, Red

Any thoughts and advices would be great.

Upd: 10 man
    Upd 2: corrected list due to replies. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Sir Nikotin; 2011-12-08 at 10:57 AM.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Deleted
    I haven't tried Yor'sahj myself since we start raiding tonight, but this is what i would do.

Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green - Green, no aoe splash dmg, you can stack up.
    Yellow,Blue,Purple, Black - Black, no adds so you can dps the boss more
    Yellow, Purple, Black, Red - Yellow, stack on boss, only red aoe raid dmg.
    Yellow, Green, Black, Red - Green, you can stack so it's easier to AoE the adds down.
    Blue, Purple, Green, Black - Black, no adds so spread and more dmg on boss.
    Blue, Green, Black, Red - Green, You can stack so it's easier to AoE adds down.

EDIT: Sorry for the really bright yellow xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Yellow, Green, Black, Red
    Can only comment on our experience but Leaving Green and Red up at the same time, combined with adds.... I can't see our healers pull that off atleast Maybe your two healers outplay ours a fuckload (which is possible let's face it ^^)... Then again not killing yellow leaves you with two adds spawns..

This combo has me in doubt the most

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Yellow, Green, Black, Red
    Any thoughts and advices would be great.

Upd: 10 man
    This won't work out, unless you have some serious raidhealing and positioning figured out to the millimeter to take minimal damage from both green and red while aoeing the adds. I'd say go for green with this setup. Getting double adds and raid damage which can be healed through while stacking is a whole lot simpler than some pre-4.3 ragnaros p4 gimmicks with adds and a truckload of more healing involved.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-12-08 at 09:31 AM.