MLS- Resto Shaman Gems, Stats

Hello forum!

A couple of friends and I have decided to pick up an MLS team this season and I opted to become the healer of all things ^.^. I've browsed the shaman forums and even this forum extensively looking for a general consensus a Resto Shaman stat priorities for an MLS comp and have yet to find one. Looking through the different ranked shaman from last season I noticed that alot of them were stacking +40 resilience gems and only using hybrid gems on red sockets. Is Resilience that crucial to survivability in order to shun a direct healing increase?

As far as secondary stats go it seems like Crit is going to be the best stat to op for especially with the absence of a 5% crit buff. In the world of pvp I know most things are relative in terms of personal choices vs. an overall consensus of "what is best." I guess my real question is "Is there really a general consensus among other players about what the optimal gearing choices are among resto shaman or is it left up to personal preference?"

Thanks in advance for answers!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on how well geared you are, also if you having survival problems. Sorry but I can't flat out say that int or resi will be best. If you struggle surviving. Go Resi. If you struggle keeping teammates alive. Go Int.

Also get Tsunami card or the spirit stacking trinket från LFR Spine of deathwing if you get lucky. Or if you raid overall try get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The general idea when facing MLS is to force a hardswap on the Shaman after he's popped his CDs and then finish him off and that's practically the only reason you should opt for more survivability i.e 40 Resilience in yellow slot and Int/Resi in red. Most often when I play my Mage-partner is the primary target so I have Int in red sockets and Int/Resi in my yellow sockets and I feel that I have enough to survive since I went for the Instant Ghostwolf so I can keep my distance from melee while using Wind Shear and Grounding to remove most of the pressure from casters and your partners are always there to help with peeling you if shit hits the fan.

The three secondary stats give equally much for increased healing though Haste is seen as the weakest since we can get so very little without sacrificing other stats to get it to a level where it's noticable. Crit gives more Regen while Mastery gives bigger numbers so it's a matter of opinion, personally I've been experimenting with Mastery a lot lately.
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn

They aren't gemming int because in as RLS and MLS most of the opponents strat is going to be to swap to you in a deep freeze, kidney, throwdown, hoj, etc. Since most resto shaman used DMC: Tsunami they gemmed resil to make up for the PvE trinket. It's also partially because of the way resto shaman mastery works. A NS greater healing wave on someone at 10% is going to be the strongest single heal in the game. That allows you to gem resil where other healers might have to gem Int to get that kind of throughput in "oh shit" moments. The downside to that mastery is that at higher health pools 85%+ your heals won't be hitting nearly as hard as other healers and you will have a tougher time topping someone off.