Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since when do people need an incentive to be an honest and fair person? The PTR is that active dialogue, and my understanding is that many guilds have gone there just to get ahead on strats, not to report bugs. That is not to say all, or even a majority, but it does happen. The incentive to report bugs should be that you don't feel like a backhanded cheater because you didn't.

Deleted
    if druids pop barkskin the second u go inside you won't get any stacks either

seems very buggy

We just healed through the damage, lol at guilds needing exploits for such an easy boss.

Deleted
    bug or no bug, the fight is not as HC as the others.

How is this an exploit when they never said that you shouldn't be able to do this?

With the LFR exploit it was obvious because it was very clear you could only get one piece of gear per week from a boss. It was stated multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, yes it's an exploit that needs to be fixed. Don't think abusers need to be punished in this case since there's no real gain in it, besides not having to do th e idiot check.

Deleted
    Same as the immune in the lava on nef hc to reduce dmg taken from shadowflame barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    How is this an exploit when they never said that you shouldn't be able to do this?

With the LFR exploit it was obvious because it was very clear you could only get one piece of gear per week from a boss. It was stated multiple times.

one chance at gear per week from a boss. not one piece only.

Deleted
    Your guild is extremely bad if you need to abuse this.

1. use pvp trinket and remove the debuff inside the bubble
    2. use human racial
    3. cast while you run in and you get no debuff
    4. use bubble

It's an exploit. Our guild refused to use this though we did clump healers and some casters in middle and just healed through the 15%/second damage, melee, mobile healers and mobile dps just did the running around.

The be honest after the clusterfuck of wipes on Yor'sahj there really was no point in abusing something like this just to go from 6 wipes to 2-3 wipes. Wasn't exactly a hard boss.

Expoiting Hagara is like punching a kid. That boss is so easy there shouldn't be any reason to do that....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Anything that removes movement impairing effects does this trick as well, including hand of freedom. So it seems most of the raid can negate the damage.

Not an exploit imo, At least the trinket removing the drowning debuff.
    The only gray area is the fact that it's not instantly reapplied after it gets removed.
    What does trinket do? "removes all movement impairing effects"
    What is drowning? It's a movement impairing effect with a damage component.

Example: Druid's roots spell deals damage but both the damage and movement impairing component are removed by a pvp trinket.

Clever use of game mechanics? Yes.
    Exploit? No.

Was stacking in a triangle on Heroic Rag to avoid Molten Geyser an exploit because it was taking advantage of a design bug? It wasn't, and, as Blizzard said, it was left as is until they eventually removed the mechanic completely in 4.3.

It's unlikely they would change anything for this boss, especially because it's only the 2nd easiest heroic boss in the instance and after they explained their philosophy about changing major mechanics mid-tier in that post about the Molten Geyser change.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Was stacking in a triangle on Heroic Rag to avoid Molten Geyser an exploit because it was taking advantage of a design bug?
    Haha... I enjoyed reading that. That's just utter fail on Blizzard's part for lacking math skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    We just healed through the damage, lol at guilds needing exploits for such an easy boss.
    And you are 100% sure that all of your players inside were in fact taking damage instead of only having to heal 50% because the other half (knowingly or unknowingly) exploited the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Was stacking in a triangle on Heroic Rag to avoid Molten Geyser an exploit because it was taking advantage of a design bug? It wasn't, and, as Blizzard said, it was left as is until they eventually removed the mechanic completely in 4.3.

It's unlikely they would change anything for this boss, especially because it's only the 2nd easiest heroic boss in the instance and after they explained their philosophy about changing major mechanics mid-tier in that post about the Molten Geyser change.
    Sorry but not taking drowning damage for a second or two until it reapplies is different from the EXPLOIT of immuning it out and taking 0 damage standing in middle throughout the fight, with no movement impairing effects.

It's a bit different compared to unintended mechanic of standing in middle taking the damage and slow and outhealing it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    And you are 100% sure that all of your players inside were in fact taking damage instead of only having to heal 50% because the other half (knowingly or unknowingly) exploited the damage?
    Well, I know shamans and mages can easily bug it due to scorch, lightning bolt and the cast while moving talent. I know there was at least 1 guy shouting for us to mass bug it, I'm pretty sure some mages Iceblocked at some points when healing was heavy but overall it didn't seem like that difficult. That's why I expect them to fix it.

Plus any melee, moonkins, resto druids can run around, leaves only a smaller number of people inside. I'm not worried it will not work anymore as a strategy so I will be happy they fix it. Any ranged that bugged it will just find they move funny inside.

Its not just DKs or paladins. It has a movement slowing effect as well. Stampeding roar removes it as long as the Druid is feral and is specced into it. Meaning you can stack your entire range and healer team in The bubble, roar, and they all had there slowing debuff removed as well as the dmg debuff since they are one.

This works for any freedom like ability
    Last edited by Ledonn; 2011-12-14 at 08:31 AM.

I may be missing something, but it seems as if most comments here suggest only Paladin's and DKs can actually prevent the frost bubble's debuff from affecting them, I don't quite see why it matters if the only worry is their "continued" DPS on the pillars? They're both melee, and with the assumption that most DKs have went Unholy, they'd be doing less damage than if they just ran around in melee range. If mages or another class that matters can do this, then that's a different story. Only thing that having people in mid might do is have a lesser chance of ice patches being a problem, though the faster you get out of the phase, the less frost you get anyways.