Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Heroic Blackhorn Kill Video, NAO Invitational, Race to World First, MMO-Report

Inner Sanctum Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn Kill
    Inner Sanctum provided us with a video of their Warmaster 25 Heroic kill, complete with their audio communication during the encounter.

NAO Invitational Arena Tournament
    A new player run 3v3 arena tournament took place yesterday, complete with prizes and Vhell / Hoodrych talking through the action. The final rounds took place this afternoon, starting at 4PM EST. You can find the final scores on ArenaJunkies.

New Lore: "Charge of the Aspects" Story Available
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Cenarion Circle's victory in the Firelands offers Azeroth a brief reprieve. With the elemental armies of Deathwing the Destroyer broken and the Twilight's Hammer still reeling from its loss in the Bastion of Twilight, the tide has finally turned in favor of Azeroth's defenders.

Emboldened by these triumphs, the Earthen Ring, the Cenarion Circle, and the remaining Dragon Aspects have completed the ritual to heal the World Tree Nordrassil. Now, the three groups shift their attention and energies toward using Nordrassil to mend their shattered world.

Their efforts may well be in vain, however, for they will soon see that they cannot afford to waste any more time before they deal with the true threat to Azeroth: Deathwing.

---

I have murdered one of my own.

The thought hit Nozdormu the Timeless One the instant he saw the desiccated bronze dragon. Zirion had shriveled into a husk half his original size. Lesions covered his body from head to tail. Instead of blood, golden sand cascaded out of the wounds in unending streams upon which shimmered ghostly images of his life that had not yet come to pass. His future was bleeding out of him.

Nozdormu strode across one of the isolated peaks of Mount Hyjal to stand by Zirion's side, every moment of history rippling over the Timeless One's sun-colored scales. As he loomed over the dying dragon, a wave of helplessness flooded through him. An impenetrable veil had descended on the timeways, one that not even he, the Aspect of the bronze dragonflight and the Guardian of Time, could pierce. The past and future—things he had once seen with clarity—had become muddled.

---

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to present the latest entry in the Expanded Universe short story series, "Charge of the Aspects"!

Race to World First
    The Race to World First documentary that focuses on Blood Legion and other top guilds is now free to watch for a limited time.

MMO-Report
    The MMO Report has more SWTOR this week. If you are still looking for a guild, check out the list in the SWTOR forum!

Last edited by chaud; 2011-12-12 at 02:07 AM.

Glad to see high lvl arena's are getting some love here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Millions played SW:ToR beta. Yay~ Now how many actually liked it enough to play it and are poor enough to not play 2 MMOs at once.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Millions played SW:ToR beta. Yay~ Now how many actually liked it enough to play it and are poor enough to not play 2 MMOs at once.
    Alot of beta players liked SWTOR and i could say 90% will play it at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    ^ This right here. I enjoyed it, but it felt way too much like a console game for my money. If I had to choose between paying for WoW or paying for SW:TOR, I'd go with WoW. Not to mention, the cut scenes are phenomenal, but I can only imagine how annoying they will get over time.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    from Inner Sanctum 10 man kill
    After several tries without making the dps requirement, we decided to swap a discipline priest in for a hunter, and finally got the dps to beat the encounter! P.s: It's not a joke :
    made my day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post

Glad i could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post

It was 25 man kill, the screenshot was just made with less than 10 people :P Glad you got amused though!

Quote Originally Posted by Selithiel View Post
    ^ This right here. I enjoyed it, but it felt way too much like a console game for my money. If I had to choose between paying for WoW or paying for SW:TOR, I'd go with WoW. Not to mention, the cut scenes are phenomenal, but I can only imagine how annoying they will get over time.
    Lol to much like a console game... SWTOR is basically WoW wearing a Jedi robe constantly reading choose your own adventure novels... also WoW is going way downhill id say get out while the getting is good.

Quote Originally Posted by bc111214 View Post
    Lol to much like a console game... SWTOR is basically WoW wearing a Jedi robe constantly reading choose your own adventure novels... also WoW is going way downhill id say get out while the getting is good.
    To each his own. I sincerely felt like I was playing the Star Wars baby pooped out by Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect. It did not feel like an mmo to me (and yes, I have played other mmos aside from WoW). I'm not knocking all the cut scenes, they were extremely well done.. I just think that it's very time consuming, and that they will certainly get annoying with alts over time (for me). I'd love to play it, don't get me wrong, but as one of the many unemployed college students who play mmos - I have to make a choice. I think Star Wars will do well for a time, but the end game content will tell all. I'd rather wait and see if it ends up being like Rift, and in that case I would wait to get it until it is super cheap.

Bioware has definitely done a good job from what I played on the beta,but it seems to be missing a lot of mmo staples. I really feel like the abilities don't make much sense as far as figuring a rotation goes. I also don't think you should be able to 2man heroics without a tank or healer on lower levels, I was a little disappointed with that. I'll stick around for MoP (as much as I dislike Pandaren), and hope that the end-game content has more to offer with Blizz starting to listen to feedback more. I am fully prepared to eat my words should SW:TOR be a huge success a year from now.

Deleted
    I like how they ignore the top 5 guild and focus on one of the worst ones

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daewyn View Post
    It was 25 man kill, the screenshot was just made with less than 10 people :P Glad you got amused though!
    just realized that, sometimes i have brainfails when posting and working at the same time >.<

I am one of the producers of the film Race to World First. We want to thank MMO-Champion for posting our film and helping us get the word out. This is a community made film and we are relying on all of you to help us get the word out. With your help, we can continue to make films that represent us as gamers. If you like the film please tell your friends and guilds. The film will be free to play until Jan. 2nd.

Your friends,

Looking for Group Productions

Deleted
    Geez, thankfully I didnt buy that movie. I play this game for 5 years now, and mostly skipped through stuff, because it is awfully boring.

Quote Originally Posted by bc111214 View Post
    Lol to much like a console game... SWTOR is basically WoW wearing a Jedi robe
    Funny that, as their isn't a single game ever made that is like SWTOR or WoW on a console. And SWTOR is basically WoW ... Do you really want to go there? Unless you're going to tell me that the Final Fantasy range is a WoW clone too.

And the new raids look lame, how many reskinned (or not in the case of Blackthorn) bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by IIJohnKeatingII View Post
    I am one of the producers of the film Race to World First. We want to thank MMO-Champion for posting our film and helping us get the word out. This is a community made film and we are relying on all of you to help us get the word out. With your help, we can continue to make films that represent us as gamers. If you like the film please tell your friends and guilds. The film will be free to play until Jan. 2nd.

Your friends,

Looking for Group Productions
    My favorite part is Vodka outside of the top 20 at 8:15

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Alot of beta players liked SWTOR and i could say 90% will play it at launch.
    actually i would say about 60-70% may play again, i heard a lot of complaints and people saying since they actually tested the game out they were either not buying it or cancelling their pre-order. i was in beta and was in about 2-3 flashpoints where people were severely disappointed but gave it a chance to see how far and if it changed at higher levels which for me it didn't

Just watched the whole documentary. If you are a fan of high end raiding guilds, any of them, you will love this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plarock View Post
    Just watched the whole documentary. If you are a fan of high end raiding guilds, any of them, you will love this!
    hurrrrrr 1 buttonspam !!! mage xP

scot johnson is EPIC tho!!!!!
    Last edited by mmoc29f0cceec8; 2011-12-11 at 10:14 PM.