Question about class starting areas

So, I'm pretty convinced I'm going to be starting out as a Trooper (Combat Medic most likely for end game) and my wife is leaning towards Jedi Consular (Assassin, possibly Sorcerer). Do they have the same starting area? I'd like to be able to group up and quest/level together.
    During the beta I only ever crated a SI and Jedi Consular so I have no idea if the Trooper and JC start at the same location or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    no they do not you wont be able to pair up untill about level 10

15+ Year Old Account
    Force sensitives get paired up and techies get paired together. Makes sense but it is unfortunate. You can still get in a party, but you won't be able to see each other until you get off the starting homeworld. Shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours tops, if that. That is if you try to be a completionist. If you want to, you can try to just blow through your class quests to get off your planet asap and then go back with your partner to finish of the planet together. Would make heroic quests a lot easier.

They don't have the same start area, no. You can easily meet up at the Republic Fleet once you're done with the starting planet though.

If you can group without being in the same area do so for the xp bonus appears to work regardless where you are relative to your party mates
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    If you can group without being in the same area do so for the xp bonus appears to work regardless where you are relative to your party mates
    yeah i remember getting that in beta thought it was a bug