Poll: Vote

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Which is to expected when more immediate villains tend to get more of the spotlight, if anything that only proves my point. Doesn't really matter either way since it's been stated multiple times that Sargeras will be wow's final baddie.
    Where has it been stated? I want a source from Blizzard. You mean the countless Legion fanboys have stated it? In their eyes Kil'jaeden is still a lot stronger than Deathwing, even though we defeated him 2 expansions ago. And don't even give me the poor ''he wasn't at full strength'' excuse, ofcourse he was, if anything he would be more powerful than ever sitting in the sunwell. Yes, we won because the sunwell turned against him, but we were able to resist him for so long. Kil'jaeden is a mere whelp compared to Deathwing, just as Sargeras is compared to the Old Gods' combined might.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    depends. are we talking a full powered single old god, or all the old gods vs sargeras? at full power i think even 1 old god could kill sargeras.
    A single full powered old god probably could.
    Or they would both die.
    Not to mention people after WoW started we slowly figured out every dark and cataclysmic thing that has happened to Azeroth, including the War of the Ancients where Sargy tired to enter our world, has been at least started by the old gods.......scary thought if you ask me.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Where has it been stated? I want a source from Blizzard. You mean the countless Legion fanboys have stated it? In their eyes Kil'jaeden is still a lot stronger than Deathwing, even though we defeated him 2 expansions ago. And don't even give me the poor ''he wasn't at full strength'' excuse, ofcourse he was, if anything he would be more powerful than ever sitting in the sunwell. Yes, we won because the sunwell turned against him, but we were able to resist him for so long. Kil'jaeden is a mere whelp compared to Deathwing, just as Sargeras is compared to the Old Gods' combined might.
    I'm far from a Legion fanboy, but even I know that Kil'jaeden was far from his full strenght, he wasn't fully summoned.

He wasn't at full power, but I agree that Deathwing would win.
    But I think personally Sargeras is done. He is by all means dead. He can only live through hosts and we saw how that went. There might be something lingering in the nether but it is just a spirit or something. Kil'Jaden, by all means, probably did a coup and took over.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

The Old Gods.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras. He is the most powerful titan, and all titans combined could have destroyed the Old Gods. But in the process, Azeroth itself would be destroyed. Sargeras would love for that to happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

old god with full power > sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    The information's out there, it's been stated multiple times during blizzcon and in blue posts. You just gotta go look for it your self.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-12-11 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    The information's out there, it's been stated multiple times during blizzcon and in blue posts. You just gotta go look for it your self.
    LOL a blue would never say "Hey guys Sargeras is the last boss!"
    Or how about Chris at blizzcon "Hey guys we wan't to do like 10 more expacks! OH btw Sargeras is the final boss spoiler alert lulz!"

Deleted
    Honestly I think its meaningless to speculate on power nowdays. Not that it was ever smart to judge a character's power based off your own stats when you fought them.

Characters will perform feats far beyond what they ought to be capable of just to service the plot (aka lazy storytelling). Examples: Fandral Staghelm is somehow able to singlehandedly incapacitate 4 dragon Aspects, supposedly the most powerful druid on Azeroth, a bunch of other characters who are not insignificant themselves, and then cast some bullshit on Thrall as well (patch 4.2). That's retarded. Trade Prince Gallywix is able to somehow gain the upper hand against Thrall one on one, necessitating the aid of the player (Lost Isles). A random hitherto unheard of flame druid is able to incapacitate Malfurion so that further intervention in required (Patch 4.2 again).

We all thought Tirion's bullshit at the end of the LK encounter was bad, but that's comparitively elegant compared to many of the quests in Cataclysm. If you want to make things happen, ensure they make sense in the context of your own damn lore. Otherwise we'll be treated to this in the last patch:

Corrupted Gamon says: "Bwahahaha, you never knew I was a pawn of the legion all these years"
    /cast dubious plotspell. Everyone present except the player, including Thrall, Garrosh, Varian, Alexstrasza, the entire titan Pantheon is permanently locked down.
    Corrupted Gamon says: "Die, LOL"
    Begins meleeing the player for insignificant amounts. After some health lost /casts dubious plotspell on the player as well.
    Corrupted Gamon says: "You can't stop me, scrub"
    Aggra runs in and /casts blast of bullshit, breaking the player free and making the player hit for +5000% damage. Corrupted Gamon dies.
    Everyone else: Good job random guy, you totally saved the day and everything.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the Old Gods would win. Just read the War of the Ancients, the book makes it very clear that if they would break out not even Sargeras would be safe.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    Honestly I think its meaningless to speculate on power nowdays. Not that it was ever smart to judge a character's power based off your own stats when you fought them.

Characters will perform feats far beyond what they ought to be capable of just to service the plot (aka lazy storytelling). Examples: Fandral Staghelm is somehow able to singlehandedly incapacitate 4 dragon Aspects, supposedly the most powerful druid on Azeroth, a bunch of other characters who are not insignificant themselves, and then cast some bullshit on Thrall as well (patch 4.2). That's retarded. Trade Prince Gallywix is able to somehow gain the upper hand against Thrall one on one, necessitating the aid of the player (Lost Isles). A random hitherto unheard of flame druid is able to incapacitate Malfurion so that further intervention in required (Patch 4.2 again).

We all thought Tirion's bullshit at the end of the LK encounter was bad, but that's comparitively elegant compared to many of the quests in Cataclysm. If you want to make things happen, ensure they make sense in the context of your own damn lore. Otherwise we'll be treated to this in the last patch:

Corrupted Gamon says: "Bwahahaha, you never knew I was a pawn of the legion all these years"
    /cast dubious plotspell. Everyone present except the player, including Thrall, Garrosh, Varian, Alexstrasza, the entire titan Pantheon is permanently locked down.
    Corrupted Gamon says: "Die, LOL"
    Begins meleeing the player for insignificant amounts. After some health lost /casts dubious plotspell on the player as well.
    Corrupted Gamon says: "You can't stop me, scrub"
    Aggra runs in and /casts blast of bullshit, breaking the player free and making the player hit for +5000% damage. Corrupted Gamon dies.
    Everyone else: Good job random guy, you totally saved the day and everything.
    I think the idea is power levels have been thrown out the window by now. Players are as strong as immortals now, so the playing field is now flat for all individuals. A raid boss can incapacitate our leaders and immortals, yet we can kill him because, if we were evil, we could do the same.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I think the idea is power levels have been thrown out the window by now. Players are as strong as immortals now, so the playing field is now flat for all individuals. A raid boss can incapacitate our leaders and immortals, yet we can kill him because, if we were evil, we could do the same.
    So being evil grants you special powers? Why can't Fandral cast his bullshit on the raid of players? If he can CC dragon aspects some mortals aren't going to be a problem.

I don't have a problem with players being able to bring down bosses supposedly much stronger than they are - thats the game, just with the inconsistent, broken storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    titans beat old gods

titans could not kill them, but managed to do a crazy method to lock them. proving they were stronger.

sargaras was the strongest titan

he is now an even more powerful dark titan.

I wish there was a special forum feature to lock out people who don't really know what they're talking about so we stop the flood of "sargeras would win cuz we killed cthun at level 60 and sargeras made the old gods" posts.

Old Gods would win. Thread is over.

Oh also, for those of you bitching and moaning about "broken power levels", just because someone is able to use some specific spell to incapacitate a being of great power, doesn't mean that the person using the spell is exactly stronger than the being they're using it on, it just means they used some specific, tuned spell to counter the power of a greater force.

Or do you think a small, weak person who uses a gun to shoot a large, strong person means that the small weak person is stronger and more powerful, and that if you beat him up when he wasn't using the gun, that you are now more powerful than the big guy who got shot?
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2011-12-11 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    An old god apparently can make a Titan like Sargeras even himself beg to die according to Krasus. In addition to that we have not seen a full old god in there ''Full form'' They are huge creatures beyond our imaginations really
    First of all, that quote in your post also mentions "Krasus further thought that the Aspects were the most powerful creatures on all the mortal plane. So if anyone had a chance against the Old Gods, it was them.", which is kinda laughable presumption. How can the Aspects(which are creation of the Titans) be stronger than the Champion of the Pantheon(the high council of the already mentioned Titans) himself? Someone already mentioned that Krasus couldn't know how powerful Sargeras really is, as he have never encountered him in person(hence he is still alive to speculate).

Second, we don't know if C'Thun killed the Titan he fought with or not. They both "fell", and that Titan wasn't even a part of the Pantheon(or at least there is nothing hinting it).

Third, there are many facts according to which the Old Gods and their lieutenants are actually fighting each-other, opposite to being on the same team. For examplse "Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Millennia have passed, but the warlord still serves the chaotic might of the Old God N'Zoth." (from http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/zone/dra...warlord-zonozz). We also know that the Elemental Lieutenants are not friendly to each-other.

I voted for Sargeras, by the way.

P.S. The lore is in a really messed up state right at the moment. There are many contradictions and I hope that Blizzard will take care of the loose ends in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would depend on how many old gods, Cthune 1v1ed a titan and won, so i think 2 or 3 old gods could beat him
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

In the War of the Ancients Trilogy they seemed pretty confident of their ability to whip Sargeras.
    Twas brillig

The Old Gods were tricking Neltharion to make the dragon soul to open the portal to allow the demons and Sargeras to break through, resulting in the prisons to be broken. Either the Old Gods underestimate the power of Sargeras, or they knew his power. What if the dreadlords "master" isnt really Sargeras, but an Old God, and they already corrupted Sargeras and were going to use him to break free of the prisons he had no hand in making?

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking the Old Gods was harder task than killing them which still the Titans managed to do it. As stated many times that the Titans can kill the Old Gods but that will destroy Azeroth since they became somekind of part of it. Sargeras was their Champion so yes Sargeras will win.