Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    O man can't wait to see the QQ on this one, but really little to soon, seeing how LFR is out now, no need to nerf seeing how everyone can see the content.
    This is also something that needs to be held in high regard by Blizzard. The content can easily be experienced, so any future nerfs to hardmodes should be minimal to preserve the competitiveness of raiding and the fun of these fights.

Wait was the light show a surprise or do they have a surprise in there for us? I was expecting something cool near the end lol.

Thallidomaniac is a pristine example of people who love to bash Heroic difficulty nerfs when they themselves have probably never done a serious heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    so...what was the surprise at the light show?i mean, it was really cool the way its done, but i was expecting a SURPRISE! what did i miss?

The crowd cheer'd for every game except wow, ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to just force top guilds to actually farm gear?
    The changes to Spine of Deathwing didn't change the fight at all. It's still just as hard - Just with slightly less HP.

Not enough resources to develop wow content?rent out disneyland for the company party..

From everything I've heard and read, the buff didn't make the fight any easier, and it is still pretty near impossible in current gear. So until you can look objectively at the situation, please refrain from being a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    I dont really understand the hotfix. Why change the hp of an encounter that has been out for a week and a half (less than 1 week for heroic)? Why should the final fights for an expansion be killable with mostly firelands heroic gear? shouldnt they have to gear up inside DS heroic to actually manage him?

As far as I remember I didnt see paragon kill Lich King heroic in tier 9 pieces. What is impossible today, might be possible in a couple of weeks when people are geared in DS heroic.
    Because the required dps is so high that it requires non number deflated mop gear. The values mathed out are flat out impossible even in ffull 410 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Thallidomaniac is a pristine example of people who love to bash Heroic difficulty nerfs when they themselves have probably never done a serious heroic.
    And what is wrong with that? Couldn't Blizzard keep one Heroic difficulty fight untouched for once?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard firmly believes this will be impossible they'll do something when they think the time is right. If they firmly believe it's doable, albeit, rediculously hard even after you spend few weeks farming gear, then there's no reason to change it. They are most likely allowing Spine to be like this, to finish bug testing HC Madness and waiting to possbily patch any surprises for Madness. They didn't get rid of the bugs on Sinestra and Raggy when guilds got there alot sooner than Blizzard thought. Makes sense to me anyway.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who calls this a nerf for casuals is clearly having some issues.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    FUUUUU! Why couldn't Blizzard keep a boss in it's "impossible" state for once?
    There was a impossible boss once, it was actually made impossible because blizz hadn't finished the raid I believe. One guild did manage to beat it though. Can't remember their name started with a M. anyway the boss would rez itself after defeat
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd View Post
    so...what was the surprise at the light show?i mean, it was really cool the way its done, but i was expecting a SURPRISE! what did i miss?
    The Blizzard portion was the surprise, it was in addition to the normal show because Blizzard held their annual holiday party there.

caveat: that's if I'm reading Chaud right. (gonna start calling you Hot, Chaud because I keep hearing my ex scream CHAUD CHAUD at my daughter when I see your handle. lol)
    Last edited by Rolly; 2011-12-13 at 03:28 AM.

And what is wrong with that? Couldn't Blizzard keep one Heroic difficulty fight untouched for once?
    I have come to the conclusion that you are one to not be taken seriously. People would quit if it was impossible to do. Let's say they are in full heroic gear and it's still impossible to down, people would quit. You can't just say "Here is a raid boss, that drops loot, and allows you to progress in the raid, but we've made it unkillable, enjoy"

If you can't see why an unkillable boss is bad, then you have some problems with your higher cognitive functions.

Because then the game would be like vanilla, and it would be good again

Actually the most major change about the fight is this one:
    Hideous Amalgamations with the Superheated buff no longer pulse their AE damage after being thrown from Deathwing's back.

man that was annoying
    Last edited by blgdinger; 2011-12-13 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafus View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that you are one to not be taken seriously. People would quit if it was impossible to do. Let's say they are in full heroic gear and it's still impossible to down, people would quit. You can't just say "Here is a raid boss, that drops loot, and allows you to progress in the raid, but we've made it unkillable, enjoy"

If you can't see why an unkillable boss is bad, then you have some problems with your higher cognitive functions.
    The guilds that are in full Heroic gear and claim to be unable to kill that boss aren't the actual cutting-edge guilds, they're quitters. The actual cutting-edge guilds will keep on working to make that feat possible, despite all the claims of not being so.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Considering all the pissing and moaning that goes on about "Oh noes!!! WoW is teh ezmode lol!!111!" I don't think hard-modes should ever be nerfed...EVER.Guild: "But boss XYZ is overtuned!"Blizz: "QQ pansy newbs! 'You're doing it wrong!' "In a just world, it would be so.

Is it a good idea to leave a fight unkilled for the rest of the expansion due to its overly inflated numbers?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

The guilds that are in full Heroic gear and claim to be unable to kill that boss aren't the actual cutting-edge guilds, they're quitters. The actual cutting-edge guilds will keep on working to make that feat possible, despite all the claims of not being so.
    Your troll efforts are crappy