Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Limitless - What a stupid ending

Seriously, is that the message we are trying to send these days? For anyone who has seen the movie, you should know what im talking about. That ending...

Deleted
    What message? (SPOILER) That doing drugs eventually turns out good?
    Last edited by mmoc911ef9b653; 2011-12-04 at 07:33 AM.

You expected a movie with Bradley Cooper to be good?

I weaned myself off weed, now I'm always high.

The whole movie was kind of stupid if you ask me, so I wasn't particularly upset when the movie ended.

Not sure I follow, since the ending of the movie made pretty much perfect sense. That and I would give my left nut to be Bradley Cooper's character from the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movies don't have to give any particular kind of message. The point is whether or not it was entertaining.

I thought most of the plot was stupid, the fact that they made it out every millionaire to be one of these pill poppers. I also found it painstakingly obvious that the director was trying very, very hard to distinguish between Bradley (his character) on the pill and off the pill. It got to the point where whenever he was on the pill, he had a tan and you could tell because they switched the filter on the camera.

I give it a 6/10.

That movie was rediculous. The preview looked good, kind of portrayed the movie as a modern rehash of Jekyll and Hyde (which it turned out to not be.)

The central conflict sucked. The premise is completely flawed.

The whole cliche of only using 10% of your brain has been disproven by modern neuroscience time and time again. Every part of your brain has a purpose that modern science can explain. If there was a drug that increased your brain activity like that the actual symptoms would manifest as severe schizophrenic break (since schizophrenia is driven by an excess of neurotransmitters in the brain).

When the main character is supposedly in "smart mode" all he does is spew tired old psuedointellectual drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That movie was rediculous. The preview looked good, kind of portrayed the movie as a modern rehash of Jekyll and Hyde (which it turned out to not be.)

The central conflict sucked. The premise is completely flawed.

The whole cliche of only using 10% of your brain has been disproven by modern neuroscience time and time again. Every part of your brain has a purpose that modern science can explain. If there was a drug that increased your brain activity like that the actual symptoms would manifest as severe schizophrenic break (since schizophrenia is driven by an excess of neurotransmitters in the brain).

When the main character is supposedly in "smart mode" all he does is spew tired old psuedointellectual drivel.
    Yeah the "smart mode" is basically the same as when philosophy students smoke pot.

You're right, the plot really wasn't well developed, but know plenty of people who have used study drugs and have absolutely increased their ability to learn. But yes, I am speaking about the pro-drug ending. Where the hard work of Deniro doesn't pay off, but the guy who cheated and did drugs wins.

I came from this movie feeling like "In Time", I was hoping for a 'classic what-if scifi' movie, and kept waiting for the "what happens when everyone performs at their maximum potential?' which never came.

Instead, I end up watching a movie about some loser who lucks into a magic lamp, and somehow manages to outsmart all the other losers with magic lamps.

Personally i loved the movie...

It wasn't nearly as entertaining as Inception was (which was out at about the same time.)

The movie was decent but it was just stupid in whole

SPOILER ALERT

If he became so smart he should have been smart enough to get someone to recreate the drug for him so he would never run out but that wasnt the first thing he did so he nearly got him self killed because of that and it took the entire movie just to come up with that idea.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    it was overhyped imo, how much money did it make compared to cost? because it came to dvd pretty fast iirc.

Deleted
    I stopped halfway through because it was just that boring and predictable.

Deleted
    Its all been done before 100 time, So new idea's are few and far between, and most of the Newish Idea's are nothing more then a 30 minute film thats starts off ok then goes down hill fast -

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it, but also, I agree with you all, the main plot was a bit lousy and boring, but the idea in whole was amazing.
    5/10 rating from me, as I think Bradley Cooper did an okay job, but the movie was a little boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaliciouz View Post
    The movie was decent but it was just stupid in whole

SPOILER ALERT

If he became so smart he should have been smart enough to get someone to recreate the drug for him so he would never run out but that wasnt the first thing he did so he nearly got him self killed because of that and it took the entire movie just to come up with that idea.
    That's because being smart and being wise are two different things.

He had the "intelligence" to get what he wanted now and lots of it, but he wasn't wise enough to have realized it before he even started.
    Huh, wha-, you want me to come closer? Oh, you don't wanna fight anymore? Oh, your hands are up there almost like you're beggin'... beggin' for a little piece of Boba... Yeah, ya like that, don't ya? You like it, 'cause you're bad... oh, yeah... you dirty, little smuggler...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I weaned myself off weed, now I'm always high.
    Very awesome comment, I lol'd.