Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I assume there is still the problem of shamans/druids that are speced balance/elemental rolling on agi gear, or feral/enh rolling on int gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    It's not just the armor. It's the "aesthetic", i.e the LOOK your character has overall.

TL;DR: Grab the shield, and leave the off-hand items for those it's meant for.
    I'm playing a druid, but if I had the option to get a shield which had better stats then another OH..., the shield would be equipped, aesthetics / looks don't really tend to grab your attention when raiding

Deleted
    This is awesome. I wish I could see the hunter's face that ninja'd the dagger from deathwing 2 days ago.

I hope they keep implementing these things.

this is fine and all... but i cant equip my wep no more >.< (hand of morchok ilvl 410 and im a prot warrior)

so they messed up somewhere >.<
    There is really no reason to get mad in a discussion. Unless u dont understand basic logic then rage away

Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    Now they just need to makmake it so I dont lose Gurthalak to a Tank again, and I will be a happy killer of things.
    I feel your pain. Especially since I passed on the one-hander which the same tank also won.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjier View Post
    Not till they fix the role bonus. Saw a ret pally win the healing shield last night because h got the role bonus when he shouldn't have.
    I'd only have an issue with it if the pally had no healing spec. If he is ret with an offspec of prot, then I'll have issue with the role bonus going towards a healing item.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

But now I won't be able to transmog some items, for example I won Robe of Glowing Stone on my mage with greed... well now I can't transmog that =/

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    An overly clunky system brought on because players cannot police their own ability to be a-holes.
    This pretty much sums up the whole thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have given the listed classes Role Bonus instead of making the items unavailable to use for the others. I speak mainly for transmogrification purposes and ofc the thing about warriors using Hand of Morchok etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    I would like to know how it's about SOULDRINKER?
    Is it considered as tanking weapon or dps weapon? Because honestly draining hp is more for tanks, BUT last week some dps won the roll WITH role bonus in LFR.
    I am confused, any ideas?
    Did you read the post at all? The item restriction change is to make double-damn sure people don't get loot they shouldn't be able to roll on over the class that should use it. Souldrinker is a tank weapon despite dps having been able to roll on it with the bonus. Blizzard was just late to the game in getting these restrictions live, considering I've lost three Souldrinkers on two tanks, two to rogues and one to a death knight.

These restrictions should have been in place before 4.3 even went live, and should be applied to LFD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    I'm playing a druid, but if I had the option to get a shield which had better stats then another OH..., the shield would be equipped, aesthetics / looks don't really tend to grab your attention when raiding
    Actually if you look at the stats on the off hand and the shield you get more intellect from the off hand then you do from the shield... ie the offhand would be better for PVE. I do agree the Shields are better if you are doing PVP but we are talking about PVE right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Then don't need it duh.

I don't mind people who need roll Offspec. It's when people Need Roll Stuff they know they can't use the line is crossed.
    Well, I do have an enhance set... there is no option for off-spec.

So yes system has flaws.. pretty sure druids have same thing where kitties can roll on intellect rings and boomkins on agility rings. There is no way for Blizzard to know if they changed spec before the fight or not anyways.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    I assume there is still the problem of shamans/druids that are speced balance/elemental rolling on agi gear, or feral/enh rolling on int gear.
    I think a lot of LFR raiders don't know and don't bother if an item is usable for their spec. They sometimes don't even know what their spec is for. They see that they can roll on an item - and they roll on it.

Just to push the point home more... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Nodzz/simple
    This paladin is pushing for world first obviously stats > looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, I do have an enhance set... there is no option for off-spec.

So yes system has flaws.. pretty sure druids have same thing where kitties can roll on intellect rings and boomkins on agility rings. There is no way for Blizzard to know if they changed spec before the fight or not anyways.
    There is an option for off-spec it's called Greed. That way if anyone actually needs it and clicks Need they get it before you. It's amazing how that works out isn't it.

Where was this, you know, a few days ago when 2 bows and the agi polearm dropped off Madness, the DK tank took the polearm and the rogues took the bows, leaving the 3 hunters extremely POd?

Deleted
    What's with Shamans not being able to roll on the spirit off-hand? Something's wrong here.. It's not like they are meant to use shields in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    There is an option for off-spec it's called Greed. That way if anyone actually needs it and clicks Need they get it before you. It's amazing how that works out isn't it.
    I don't think greed gives you a role bonus over everybody else in the raid though.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Too bad the elemental shaman will still take my agility trinkets and the Boomkin will still take my agility leather boots. Lol. I guess this is a step in the right direction though~

This is a very decent change, I unfortunately cannot forgive Blizzard for dragging its feet over such a simple but effective restriction system.

Also, the role/class bonus alternative would be nice, but it's not realistic; unless the bonus is actually worth a damn (which would likely make it overpowered), nobody will give a damn about respecting it or not.