Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I'm going through all of Ulduar 25 atm (except Yogg lol), but then I'll be going to ICC 10H afterward, so I'll let ya know how Saurfang goes there. D:
    I haven't stepped inside that place for a couple of months but I'll try it again after progress as well, but good luck with Saurfang. His heal was an issue for me but I think Terracotta Warrior could be helpful if it's still an issue.

Ya I remember his 30% frenzy + heal was a lot to out damage in normal mode. Cannot imagine how bad heroic version would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I haven't stepped inside that place for a couple of months but I'll try it again after progress as well, but good luck with Saurfang. His heal was an issue for me but I think Terracotta Warrior could be helpful if it's still an issue.
    45k health left on Sartharion as he becomes immune... twice... is just disheartening. ): I'm tempted to just wait until I get T15 4 piece and hopefully be able to kill it without the terrible RNG factors. This fight is ridiculous. I also don't have engineering/tailoring, so along with the less stuff stacking with cooldown phase, I don't have those nifty gadgets you used to allow some hardcasting.

Just keep trying! It took me quite a few tries as well, and quite a few sub-1% wipes. But I can imagine it being currently harder as you don't burst as much after the NV change, and especially without engineering it can be a task, but you'll get it eventually!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Just keep trying! It took me quite a few tries as well, and quite a few sub-1% wipes. But I can imagine it being currently harder as you don't burst as much after the NV change, and especially without engineering it can be a task, but you'll get it eventually!
    I just realised, yeah my NV will be doing half as much damage as yours. Then again, I've got an average ilvl of 512, so significantly higher than your 503. Coming into the 6th straight hour now, still trying!

Hello,

Here's a Video I made for Soloing Thorim 10 as a Feral.

Maybe it can be helpful?

bye !
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-04-03 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Enabled video link.

Hi all, first time poster. I do a bit of soloing old content on my DK, and frankly, the soloing content is why I don't play my kitty more often. my problem isn't surviveability, its mostly dps output on my guardian when I'm soloing. I just can't seem to output enough damage and it makes the fights just unbearably (pun intended) long. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is bear dps just low in solo fights. I'm thinking especially in nax. It takes forever to down the first boss in the military quarter, even on my blood dk, on the bear, its insanely long, to the point where I almost want to give up.
    Thanks in advance for the tips or info.

10+ Year Old Account
    I worked a little harder on Ulduar 25 today, and managed to get 10/13 bosses down - the one I struggled with badly was Thorim, for two reasons.

a) it's really troublesome to actually get to Phase 2 alive and with Thorim active,
    b) even if you do engage him, he has 20.6 million health and the stacking debuff is hugely overwhelming.

I'm going to render and upload a video of my best attempt so you guys can have a look at it, but it doesn't seem possible at all (yet). Maybe with heroic gear of this tier, or we might even have to wait until 5.4 gear. He gains a stack of Lightning Charge every 15-17 seconds, and by the 6th stack you're pretty much constantly healing yourself, so almost no damage is going out at all. On top of this, he has 20.6 million health. If we were to assume with better gear you could get up to 8 stacks without constantly healing yourself, that means you have 8*16 = 128 seconds to zerg Thorim down before you essentially lose. This means Thorim would require an average of ~161k DPS to kill him. Compare this to Sarth 25 3D (~9 million health over 90 seconds = 100k DPS average). Thorim seems like a very tough cookie to crack for chickens, but maybe Feral or Guardian would be able to soak the damage better and extend the DPS window.

Anyway, I'm going to go upload some of my videos, and I'll post again once I've got the Thorim attempt up.

Guardian will generally be lower dps then feral in content that deals low end damage which causes low amount of vengeance.

That's kind of what I was wondering, but the damage output is so low compared to my DK it kind of takes the fun out of it. Is that typical for bears and something I should expect?

Has any1 been able to solo Warbringer as guardian/moonkin? I managed to kill wabringer that didnt had fear buff few times but never as a guardian. He just hits me for 2 much. Also my ilvlfor guardian is 492 and for moonkin 512... And also is any1 else having issues with Warscouts? They are not hard to kill its just that evade from time to time, and only those with fear ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Noldam View Post
    That's kind of what I was wondering, but the damage output is so low compared to my DK it kind of takes the fun out of it. Is that typical for bears and something I should expect?
    A little bit, mostly because they can wear DPS gear while soloing, whereas we're balanced around DPS gear to begin with, so wearing DPS gear is like wearing "Tank" gear for us.

Though, almost anything pre-25Wrath bosses will die within the 45 seconds of HotW, often well before then, and HotW DPS is quite a bit above what other tanks do solo for those fights. So really, the DPS difference is only noticeable in harder stuff.

Thanks for that. I've been playing feral for years and only just recently interested in soloing old content, so here's a noob question for you, when you use HotW, do you shift into kitty while being in bear spec, or do you stay in bear form and just do more damage because of HotW? And yep, since my main spec is kitty, I'm doing my old content soloing with my bear in all feral gear, just use a new flask for the stam. After I hear back from you guys on my HotW question, I'll have to try military quarter again and see what happens. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Noldam; 2013-03-27 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Noldam View Post
    Thanks for that. I've been playing feral for years and only just recently interested in soloing old content, so here's a noob question for you, when you use HotW, do you shift into kitty while being in bear spec, or do you stay in bear form and just do more damage because of HotW? And yep, since my main spec is kitty, I'm doing my old content soloing with my bear in all feral gear, just use a new flask for the stam. After I hear back from you guys on my HotW question, I'll have to try military quarter again and see what happens. Thanks in advance.
    1: Don't use a stam flask.
    2: HotW will do (almost) nothing for a guardian when in bear form, all it'll do is let you cast rejuv. Go cat, use berserk, and start tearing stuff up. Keep rejuv rolling if stuff's hitting hard (like razuvious, probably, the rest shouldn't really hurt).

Some bosses are hitting too hard for it to be possible to stay in cat form, like Patchwerk 25, and for those bosses it's better to just stay in bear form for the entire durarion of the fight. In those cases it's also better to go with Nature's Vigil instead of Heart of the Wild. There aren't many of these bosses, though, especially not in Wrath content.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2013-03-28 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the video for Thorim 25:

I know a DK and warrior have been able to do it, but I really doubt boomkins can for the moment - hits way too hard, and the DPS requirement is insane. I've got the rest of Ulduar up there except Yogg/Algalon, couldn't do either. ):

May be possible for Ferals with some damage reduction, though.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-04-03 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Enabled video link

Deleted
    Purely going from memory (so may not be accurate after a few years) but I think if you position yourself so that Thorim stays where he lands and you have yourself in line with the tunnel you won't need to move for the Lightning Charge. That should increase your DPS a bit since you won't need to bounce around so much. He also uses Unbalancing Strike, so maybe use the Barkskin glyph to counteract the increased crit chance?

I don't think losing defense rating affects anyone anymore. All non-tanks have a 6% chance of getting crit, barkskin will probably counteract that for 12 sec if you glyph for it. But I don't think that will help too much. If i didn't have my legendary from Uld 25, I would have probably had more interest in soloing it. But gladly I do not

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    I don't think losing defense rating affects anyone anymore. All non-tanks have a 6% chance of getting crit, barkskin will probably counteract that for 12 sec if you glyph for it. But I don't think that will help too much. If i didn't have my legendary from Uld 25, I would have probably had more interest in soloing it. But gladly I do not
    Blizzard changed Unbalancing Strike to cause you to have an increased chance of being crit since Defense Rating doesn't exist anymore. I agree that glyph of Barkskin is a nice survivability option.

Has any1 manged to solo warbringer as guardian? I can solo as moonkin ( only warbringers without horrific mask ) but as a guardian i die pretty fast.
    Last edited by markos82; 2013-03-29 at 12:34 PM.