Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DS Heroic difficulty drop: How is that going to happen?

I see quite some 6/7H post-nerf FL guilds struggling with normal Deathwing or having killed nothing but Morchok on heroic by now. Soon enough Blizzard will grant them mercy and start nerfing heroic modes so they can have fun and free loot. The question is how? ICC system with steps of 5% damage/healing/hp buff? Plain 20% nerf like FL?

Why would they need the nerf when they have two easy modes available... Some tunings maybe but i dont see them nerfing before 5.0 hits
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Deleted
    I really really really hope they not gonna nerf heroic modes,do whatever you want with lfr/normal but please dont touch heroics.
    Its exactly fine how it is right now.

It hasn't even been out for a full month yet, has it? Come now, let's at least wait a couple months until the big nerfs start rolling in. At the very least let's wait 'till Madness is dead on heroic.

Most of those 6/7HM guilds wouldn't have been 6/7HM without the nerfs anyway, why would they be any further than 1/8 HM now anyway? As others have said the content shouldn't be nerfed for those that either don't put the effort into the game or aren't good enough to down un-nerfed content, it's good they're getting a reality check.

Post-nerf H FL is about the same level of difficulty as Madness/H Morchok, which explains the current progression patterns.

Personally I find the next 3 after Morchok to be direct technical checks. Yorsahj requires smart healers that know their repertoire very well. Warlord requires high dps as well as brute force AOE healing. Hagara is a coordination check. The majority of normal mode raiders would struggle on all of these due to these technical individual requirements.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure they mentioned it will be a small nerf over time, and they said this months ago. So let's say 5% or so a month, starting february.

I think gear is going to make a considerable difference in heroic difficulty, particularly the acquisition of tank 4pc bonuses. The fights have shown to be a lot more gear dependent compared to firelands, and the difficulty of these fights (at least in my experience on the first 5) is from being able to heal/dps things fast enough, and there really isn't much in terms of execution. Firelands had a lot more ways for players to kill themselves which was generally the difficult part in heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will nerf it soon enough, perhaps in a month or so.

And now everyone will realize that 6/7H FL meant nothing. I'm fairly certain 6/7H FL is more common than 6+/13 heroic tier 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkozz View Post
    I really really really hope they not gonna nerf heroic modes,do whatever you want with lfr/normal but please dont touch heroics.
    Its exactly fine how it is right now.
    Umm...I wouldn't say that it's EXACTLY fine. Reports of unbalanced difficulty exists. They should fix THAT (unless they already hotfixed/patched that)!

There's a difference between nerfing content to make it easier and balancing the difficulty so bosses are actually killable.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

10+ Year Old Account
    The gear gained each week is already nerfing the heroics no need for direct hotfix nerfs this early. I'm still disappointed they nerfed heroic yorsaj on 25 as the fight was tuned perfectly.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Baleroc & Ragnaros were the only tough checks in Firelands. I say Baleroc because of the recruitment check. You bring in some new guy and he torments the raid-- would always happen, no matter how much they bragged about themselves beforehand. Anyway, the lines of progression seem pretty good to me. Who remembers the AQ40 push? Viscidus, Ouru, and C'thun went a while before being killed. Spine being broken reminds me of C'thun and Ouru bugs. Also who knows what Heroic Madness will end up being, the DJ can't possibly have all the info on it yet.

I hope nothing gets nerfed, or we don't get buffed. LFR should appease the masses, let us have our heroic progression from now until MoP. My 9-12 hour guild is at 2/8H now, I'd consider us a mid-level guild. Hardcore in spirit but not on schedule, so and we should be 3/8 next week, 6/8 by mid-January. Seems very reasonable to me!

Deleted
    NO THANKS, unless the bosses are truly overtuned.

Queue in LFR for EZ mode instead.

I would like some minor nerfs sometime in the near future, granted my guild isn't exactly hardcore.. We only raid 6 hours a week total and were 6/7hm FL, and are currently 1/8HM DS. Got absolutely dominated by ooze boss on HM but only gave it about 5 attempts as our time constraints.. The fact is a nerf would be nice for guilds like mine. We are all decent players, but do not have the time to raid 5 nights a week, 5 hours a night.. We raid a whopping 6 hours a week so we dont have time to wipe for hours to learn new HM bosses except for 1 a week about.

Deleted
    Don't think it will be nerfed, having two difficulties and what not... after all, as GC put it in the interview:

"The advantage of having three difficulty levels is that we can tailor each one to the audience. Before LFR we could target Normal difficulty raids at organized guilds, which left nothing for PuGs to do, or we could target them at PuGs, making them too easy for organized guilds. This would leave normal guilds only Heroic difficulty for a challenging encounter, leaving nothing for the more hardcore guilds to do. The three difficulty levels let us tailor each difficulty so that everyone has something to do. "

Mayhaps the new talents and mechanics that will come with pre-expansion patch will result in an indirect nerf anyways.

PD: Post above, you will have more time than enough to finish without nerfs. There are months and months until the expansion. Plus, not everybody is entitled to kill everything in heroic regardless of effort and/or skill. I don't know where that notion has come from.

I am quite glad that the many thousands of awful 6/7H postnerf firelands guilds are slamming into a wall at 1/8 this tier.

They nerfed Yor'sajh 25 too early IMO, we only started progress on it this week and killed it in a couple days. We'd have been able to kill it with the prenerf amount of HP, but it'd have taken us longer.

My guess would be some time in march.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I am quite glad that the many thousands of awful 6/7H postnerf firelands guilds are slamming into a wall at 1/8 this tier.

They nerfed Yor'sajh 25 too early IMO, we only started progress on it this week and killed it in a couple days. We'd have been able to kill it with the prenerf amount of HP, but it'd have taken us longer.
    I personally think the nerf to it was necessary. Yor'sahj 25 heroic was far too hard compared to its 10 man counterpart. Or I guess in other words they should've buffed 10 man to compensate.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2011-12-17 at 08:57 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post

Why only this week? If it's because you wiped on Zo'nozz a lot, it would've taken a lot of wipes for you to kill Yor'sajh. I'd say around 2 or 3 full resets. The nerf was pretty big one, but at the same time I'd say he was a bit overtuned in the first week when you compare him to rest of 3 first bosses.