Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great and Powerful View Post
    It's a delicious mix. Do it.
    Errr... no thanks.

One of my go-to things for quick dinner is stir fry, basically because it works with any combination of meat and vegetables and can be done at the last minute. Just raid the refrigerator for whatever.

Start cooking some rice (follow package directions).

Slice up whatever meat, chop whatever veggies. Cook the meat in a pan and remove. Start cooking the veggies, adding them in the order of longest cooking time to least. Add the meat back in, start hitting it with a sauce (for example, a little chicken stock, some soy sauce, some sriracha, and a touch of brown sugar).

Rice should be done at this point. Serve stir fry over the rice. Boom, 20 minute dinner (or 45-50 if you use brown rice).

10+ Year Old Account
    seared ahi tuna breaded with crushed almonds sitting on a bed of sauteed spinach in olive oil and garlic. side of orzo pasta with some cranberries and pineapple in it and a glass of nice pinot grigio

damn i'm hungry now

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    seared ahi tuna breaded with crushed almonds sitting on a bed of sauteed spinach in olive oil and garlic. side of orzo pasta with some cranberries and pineapple in it and a glass of nice pinot grigio

damn i'm hungry now
    Me too. Damn you. I'm going to walk over to the sushi restaurant next door and see if they have any extra tuna so I can put that on my menu as a special...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Me too. Damn you. I'm going to walk over to the sushi restaurant next door and see if they have any extra tuna so I can put that on my menu as a special...
    haha love cooking ahi tuna, so delicious and super fast! plus you can do just about anything with it... also love throwing some cajun seasoning on it and having it blackened with some dirty rice and then throw some black beans and corn into a pot with some chipotle seasoning, so good.

that or get some halibut and make a nice potato crusted halibut with a mustard based cream sauce, so tasty.[COLOR="red"]

Eggs, bacon, toast, and hash browns.

What? Who said it was reserved for the morning? Breakfast foods are delicious.

Something with bacon. It have to be bacon!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

This is easily the best thread i've seen on mmo-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    PBBJ sammich... oooo yeah! (peanut butter, bacon, jelly)

Deleted
    that sounds...thoroughly vile..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    that sounds...thoroughly vile..
    lol never tried it before but the guy said he wanted bacon... and bacon goes with just about anything really. not gonna lie, I will totally give this a try next week when I'm on vacation.

Howabout pasta carbonara?

Boil some pasta in a pan. In another, cook some diced pancetta / bacon. Crack an egg into a cup and beat thoroughly. Add 3tbsp grated parmesan and mix. When the pasta is cooked, drain well. Turn the heat off on the pancetta and add the pasta, along with the egg mix and stir well. Add more grated Parmesan to taste.

You can also add a bit of cream, if that's your thing.

haha love cooking ahi tuna, so delicious and super fast! plus you can do just about anything with it... also love throwing some cajun seasoning on it and having it blackened with some dirty rice and then throw some black beans and corn into a pot with some chipotle seasoning, so good.

that or get some halibut and make a nice potato crusted halibut with a mustard based cream sauce, so tasty.
    Ahhhh! You're giving me ideas for like, the next two weeks of specials. I got the tuna. Dude had 15 pounds to spare, should be good for about 45 servings. I don't have any spinach on hand, so I'm using kale instead. Also don't have orzo, so I'll do a cranberry risotto. Some crusty bread on the side. Boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Ahhhh! You're giving me ideas for like, the next two weeks of specials. I got the tuna. Dude had 15 pounds to spare, should be good for about 45 servings. I don't have any spinach on hand, so I'm using kale instead. Also don't have orzo, so I'll do a cranberry risotto. Some crusty bread on the side. Boom.
    lol glad I could be of service. I'll send ya the bill sounds delicious though. where is this at? Might have to stop by for a bite haha

Peanut Butter Jelly time, Peanut Butter Jelly time \o/
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    If you give me a moment to search for an old post... I was doing bacon-wrapped tofu for a while. So ironic, it was amazing.

Edit:

So, going into the realm of the strangely not-Vegan and possibly paradoxical, I recently started serving bacon-wrapped tofu. Yup. It's awesome. (I'm not joking at all. It works).

1 block firm tofu
    Enough bacon strips, each cut in half (I know "bacon" means different things around the world, but I mean salted, cured, and smoked pork belly).
    (Optional) dipping sauces
    (Optional) anything vegetable

1. Wrap tofu in paper towels to extract water. Change paper towels about 15 minutes in. Total time, 30-40 minutes.

2. Slice tofu into roughly 1" by 1" by 0.5" blocks (that's 2,54cm by 2,54cm by 1,252 cm... you MUST BE THIS PRECISE). Wrap each tofu block with bacon, making sure the bacon overlaps once on one side. Refrigerate, sealed, up to a day or two.

3. Heat a heavy pan (cast iron, imo) to medium-high. No need for extra oil here. You'll see why in a minute or two, which is why I suggest putting it on a back burner with parchment paper strategically placed to catch whatever it is that happens when water hits ridiculously hot oil. Oh yeah, dry pan, on heat. Put each bacon-wrapped block in with the overlapped side down. Get out kevlar or similar heat resistant gloves and some tongs (goggles might be wise too). After about 2 minutes, check the bottoms... if bacon looks nice and crispy, start flipping (tongs work best here... grip on the non-wrapped sides of the tofu and flip). 2 minutes later, check again and flip any that need more work.

4. Plate. It's bacon. It goes crunch and then the tofu goes smoosh. What more do you want? Oh...

5. Dipping sauce. I've tried it with: mustard vinaigrette, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, bbq sauce, ketchup... mustard vinaigrette wins, imo.

6. Vegetables. Those pesky things. Slice them up, dip them in the sauce too.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 05:33 PM ----------

lol glad I could be of service. I'll send ya the bill sounds delicious though. where is this at? Might have to stop by for a bite haha
    Somewhere in a large city. Sorry about vagueness, but I try to keep my internet life and real life somewhat divided.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2011-12-21 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Try out baked spaghetti.... its soo good and you should serve some garlic bread and ceaser salad on the side.
    love baked spaghetti
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    Lol,I clicked this thread,the title reminded me about my soup! it totally boiled!

P.S. I love pastas thinking of making some! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I go through phases with my cooking and the phase I'm on now is Mexican, so buy some Mince meat and Taco shells or Enchiladas (my personal fave)etc, if you're American this may not be as unique for you as it is for me, we don't have Mexican take away foods (Taco bell? Think that's one) where I live, so I only have Mexican food if I cook it. if you do this also make sure you have lettuce and grated cheese and anything else you might want in it. (tomato paste, oxo gravy powder, pepper and mixed herbs are nice to add in with the mince)

Other phases I've gone through
    Indian food - buy some diced meat and some form of indian food sauce, I usually go with vindaloo
    Sushi- just rice, seaweed paper, Japanese mayonnaise and w/e you want in it. Though you will need a small woodeny thing to roll them properly, if your supermarket sells sushi making starter kits get that ;]
    Pizza - probably just easier to buy a frozen pizza since they're quite cheap, but they are also fun to make ;]

Or stick to some of the basics, noodles, easy mac, frozen pizza, microwave meals, sausages etc.

If you're feeling splurgy get a small (assuming you're just making it for you) steak from the butcher, they're always delicious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post

Pasta, ketchup, parmasan cheese and tuna in oil. Best shit taking the price and cooking time into the equation
    Nice window view while eating !

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tacolasagne. Yum.