Deleted

Creating a Korean trial account?

Does anyone know how to create a Korean trial account, for the purpose of watching Kin Raiders's progress?

http://www.trywow.co.kr probably somehow allows to do this, but unfortunately it contains korean text provided as images, and so it cannot be readily machine translated to English (without OCR).

Any tips?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Learn korean.

I have no clue, just wanted to post... why? Just use mmo-c and wowprogress. No point going to a server that you can't understand just to wait to see a bunch of weird symbols seeming like they say "World First: Madness of Deathwing".

Deleted
    You can /who them if you are on the server.

Deleted
    Not sure if you can. I think Korea has quite tight regulation of online gaming, so you need to prove your real life identity to sign up to stuff etc. There was something like that stopping people signing up for some Korean MMOs, not sure exactly what though.

Deleted
    https://kr.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html

think thats the page you want. not really sure i dont speak korean but i managed to get to that. if you mouse over the links on the page, the little bar at the bottom of the browser shows the destination in english, made it easier to navigate.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 12:19 AM ----------

but as the person said above on

https://kr.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html

you have to varify your real name.

Deleted
    Indeed it seems that for some reason Blizzard might be restricting access to Korean servers to those who are korean residents.

It appears that using a leaked/generated "RID" might circumvent the restriction, but it's not clear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HahaSoFunny View Post
    Indeed it seems that for some reason Blizzard might be restricting access to Korean servers to those who are korean residents.

It appears that using a leaked/generated "RID" might circumvent the restriction, but it's not clear.
    It's not Blizz, it's the Korean government
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    It's not Blizz, it's the Korean government
    Yeah it's the Government, the same restrictions apply to Korean Starcraft accounts. You need a friend in Korea to purchase it for you.