Deleted

Mathematial and Logical analysis of why Korean guilds have progressed further

First of all I would like to point out the fact that I have nothing against Korean guilds, their culture etc. Racism people are not welcome to post in my thread and I fully encourage the mods to ban any 'trolls' who cross the line by including racism in theirm 'trolling' toolbox.

Ok, so as we all know. EU have dominated the raiding scene since vanilla. US have quite a way off in second with guilds like Premonition, Blood Legion and Vodka. Then we have Stars who have been the stand out performers from the other regions.

We have no idea what goes on in the KR and TW realms. We are involved in the English speaking community and we get Blue posts from Zarhym, Daxxari etc updating us about our regions. There is a huge language barrier between us and the Korean guilds and we can never know as much about those guilds as we do about say, Paragon.

I personally think that the Korean realms have not been hotfixed and they have been fighting a different encounter to the top guilds from EU and US... That is why two Korean guilds have got World 1st and 2nd... Because they are fighting a 'buggable' fight.

Thats the thing, we are not exactly going to get a Blue Post from Zarhym updating us on the state of the KR realms, thats not their job. As far as Blizzard are concerned, what happens in KR, stays in KR. It's basically a different game, different servers, different staff, different patch dates etc.

Another possibility could be Legendary stacking. They had 2 Firelands lockouts and are rolling with a roster full of Orange staffs. Which would give them the burn DPS required to brute force the encounter mechanics.

It is a severe mathematical improbability that two guilds, who in the past have not been on the same level as paragon, BLegion, Vodka, Ensidia, Method, premo etc just so happen to be able to overcome an encounter that has the best players in the World stumped. Not to mention the fact that they are from the same region. It is a mathematical probability that these guilds are fighting an easier encounter to that of Paragon and BLegion... Or they are fighting the same encounter but the lack of a hotfix has enabled them to bug the encounter and exploit certain mechanics.

After 13 tiers of content which is about 100+ bosses, a korean guild has never once taken the lead in any race. Which doing some rough estimates makes the chance a Korean guild getting a World First approximately 1-100, then factor in that they were unlikely to get it in the first place and also factor in the fact that 10 other guilds had a legitimate chance of getting the world first (BLegion etc) makes it a 1 percent chance with diminishing factors which turn that 1 percent (1-100) to more like 0.4 percent. Then factor in that TWO korean guilds got the World First and Second, which is even more unlikely that 1 guild getting it. So take that 0.4 percent and run it through the same process as the first guild. Which equals a 0.004 percent chance that this would be the outcome. Which is crazy odds.

Also inb4 omg your making maths up... yes, Yes I am. I am using a technique used by bookmakers called logical equations. Bookmakers don't really know what the odds are of a specific football match result. So they apply logical input on the equation to come up with the most likely answer. No odds are ever correct. Say a bookmaker comes up with a 90 percent chance of Barcelona winning a Football match. They determine that by adding in factors such as the club history, weather, which players are injured etc and try to come up with the closest possible odds. Also this is obviously not accurate, because no one can possibly have the full picture of the situation, I am only applying what I know to the situation to come up with what, Logically, is the closes possible result. So 0.004 is what I am coming up with... It is obviously not that, but it is somewhere close and either way the odds are going to be astronomical.

So, 0.004 chance beforehand of the Korean guilds getting a world first. Anyone who is intelligent knows this will not happen. It is crazy odds and there is a 99.99 percent chance that they had an advantage... Which I have proven to you all is the most likely outcome.

Also, since there is a 99.99 percent chance that the Korean guilds has an advantage, it is also a 60 percent chance of the world 3rd and 4th going to Korean guilds as well, unless Blizzard hotfix it.

Deleted
    Your whole post is pretty stupid. No proof, there's not even made up math, since there's no math, just random numbers. Calling this crap as logic is an insult to any person with a 3 digit IQ.
    Also, "Kin Raiders" killed Ragnaros heroic before Blood Legion, so why would you find it weird that a superior guild got the first kill, but if it was Blood Legion it would be normal? Feel free to elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Impexio View Post
    Another possibility could be Legendary stacking. They had 2 Firelands lockouts and are rolling with a roster full of Orange staffs. Which would give them the burn DPS required to brute force the encounter mechanics.
    Do you know if they are getting 2 DS lockouts? Because maybe they just overgeared the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, BL has 17 staves and they still haven't killed it, your point about the Legendary Staff-stacking is thus moot.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    Do you know if they are getting 2 DS lockouts? Because maybe they just overgeared the encounter.
    That applies to old tiers only, not the current one.

Locking this, we didn't need another.