Deleted

Post Small trick to help with graphics performance

Hello,

I found a small trick to improve my graphics performance and I thought I'd share it in case it can help.
    It seems the game forgets to free video memory and that eventually decrease performance.

For example when I go to Nar Shaadda, I get out of my ship, then out of the spaceport, then I take the taxi to the first area (don't remember the exact name).
    Then when I look at the city, I have roughly 40 fps which is unusually low for my computer (i5 750 @ 3.6ghz + crossfire 4770).
    So I switch to windows desktop then back to swtor.
    This forces the game to reload textures.
    Then when I look at the city I get 80+ fps!

Don't know if it's just my setup or if it is really a problem with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard of several suggestions. Bioware really needs to focus some time on optimizing performance. Not everybody is playing on a recent PC or has the money to dump on a new rig. Part of the reason WoW has so many players is because the system requirements are so low.

I have tried just about everything. I can play and it is fun, but it would be twice as much fun if I could get a good, consistent frame rate.
    I like sandwiches

I've also noticed this so I'll give +1 on this one. Strange though. I also had more FPS in similarly crowded areas in Beta with identical settings (with forced AA) than I do in release. Hmm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why I start out with 30+ fps.. then after 5 minutes or so I go down to 10, with less then that while in combat. It never goes back up.

I have heard people saying it's overheating, but it doesn't happen to any of my other games :/