Deleted

Gold/credit sellers already..

So couple days ago on pre-access my friend already started getting some "gold"/credit selling whispers. It could've been troll or not but good heavens, really?
    This is not some gold sellers using pre-order copies to sell stuff, its hacked accounts obviously.

So just short warning: keep close eye on your passwords etc as usual. Specially now that people start to contact customer service a lot keep close eye on guys that pretend to be GMs.

So anyone know do GMs have special icon on their names like other mmos or just "<gm>" tags?

When will people learn >_>

Why do you think that swtor will be different from other MMOs?

If there is way to trade ingame resources from one character to another, there will always be goldselling.

And obviously swtor is too young to have such effective security tools as blizzard offers to their customers. 1-2 years later maybe they will add Authenticator and ip blocking policy like we have in wow.

Well, there is even a hint on the loading screens that GMs will never ask for your password ... (Plus they would also need your secret questions)

Any MMO game will have gold/credit/whatever sellers in it.

But if I recall correctly in the beta the "GM's" has a special tag/sign, can't remember how it looks like, and i'm not 100% sure either.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

If there is way to trade ingame resources from one character to another, there will always be goldselling.

And obviously swtor is too young to have such effective security tools as blizzard offers to their customers. 1-2 years later maybe they will add Authenticator and ip blocking policy like we have in wow.
    They already have an authenticator pretty much identical to wow's + smartphone app versions

10+ Year Old Account
    Credits are overrated anyhow : P
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If you have to BUY credits in SWTOR for things you want to buy (like the mounts/riding skill), you are doing something wrong. Its easier to make money in SWTOR than it is in WoW...Just do quests basically. After you hit level 20, you will start to swim in credits.

Unless you blow it all on the auction house and such.

I think its clear already that money is not supposed to be a problem, so dont be scared when your new skills start to cost 8000 and 22000...at that point, you will have the money for it unless you are doing something horribly wrong

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-14 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    If you have to BUY credits in SWTOR for things you want to buy (like the mounts/riding skill), you are doing something wrong. Its easier to make money in SWTOR than it is in WoW...Just do quests basically. After you hit level 20, you will start to swim in credits.
    I've started to notice this as soon as I got my ship. I was slowly, slowly building up money (didn't expand my backpack at all yet, and had 10k) with only doing a little crew skills. But within minutes of getting my ship and doing the daily quests, I had another 4k creds, those missions earn you loads. You hear of many people (without slicing) having 20k creds after buying their mount at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

I feel like the gold selling is under control now. I haven't seen a PM in WoW in over a year now. If people are buying gold on their website it's hard to combat
    that, but in game blizzard does seem to have control again.

Like already mentioned, every MMO has or has had the problem of people trading real life money for in-game currency. It's nothing new, and the best thing they can do is make it easy to get currency in-game via questing or other means without literally giving it away, thus devaluing it.

Deleted
    Do not advertise to sell/buy gold or leveling services. You were warned once before. -Conscript
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-20 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    Like already mentioned, every MMO has or has had the problem of people trading real life money for in-game currency. It's nothing new, and the best thing they can do is make it easy to get currency in-game via questing or other means without literally giving it away, thus devaluing it.
    You have 2 options, you control/support it like Plex in EVE (or Diablo3), or you ban it. Outside of that, you also ensure that the best items available in the game are through raiding/PVP and not crafted or otherwise available on the AH.

Everquest and some other games had no (or little) BoP items so you had situation where the Thunderfuries and Shadowmournes were sold between players for real cash. To manage that in WoW, you would have to sell your whole character (yes, I know that happens still).

If you make it against the game policy, you cannot prevent it. If you make it worthwhile buying cash, then people will do it. If it is nothing more than a convenience, then the likelihood of it happening is rare.

Considering how you cannot easily powerlevel professions in SWTOR, and moreso, if you have companions off on crafting missions, you can be doing quests for cash (I suspect faster than it can be depleted) then there won't be a need for cash injection for those who want to speed things up.