Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Australia and Swtor

Hey, I was just wondering when Australians will be able to buy the game? I read somewhere that we will have to wait until next year? I sure hope not

10+ Year Old Account
    A bunch of my mates pre ordered from Amazon and are already playing.

There is a lot of Australians already playing. They are mostly in the Jekk Jekk Tarr server. Hope that helps.

The region lock on the origin site seems to be gone now, or at least i bought my copy just now off their site when i couldnt preorder before. Dunno if austrailians can order from there too..

15+ Year Old Account
    Got mine off g2play.net an was in the EGA o.O also 80% of the aussie pop so far is on The Swiftsure (pvp) Harbringer (pve).
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

swtor doesn't even appear on the origin site for Australians right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Aussie and I bought the Collectors Edition from Amazon.com (it was delivered today and I was so excited I had to film my unboxing!)

Hmmm... Hope I can pick up a copy from amazon when I get back to Melbourne... away at perth seeing the folks

I couldn't get it from Amazon It wouldn't ship to my address for some stupid reason.

How long does it take to get shipped from amazon? Also, if they release a proper oceanic server in the future will i be able to switch or will i have to buy a separate oceanic version of the game or something?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This sucks, the game is 'released' now which means we SHOULD be able to get it off Origin, but I cannot see it ANYWHERE.

And they want us to use origin and they wont even let us get a game ... Pssssh. I hate buying games from retailers here, way overpriced.

I wanted to get a copy from amazon but dingo ate my credit card

Maybe i can find on a pay download site though!
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is the safest option atm.. you can buy of cd keys sites but i wouldnt trust them got my copy this morning

soo..amazon isnt shipping to some places?

Any Melburnians getting this problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Hmmm... Hope I can pick up a copy from amazon when I get back to Melbourne... away at perth seeing the folks
    I'm in Perth ^_^

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same xD

Ugh EB Games priced it at 90 dollars.... COME ON ORIGIN JUST LET ME BUY IT....

I was wondering if anyone could give an example of exactly how to enter an aussie address on amazon, where it asks for state i get the impression i'm supposed to have AP instead of the state i live in, so idk if i should go with 'South Australia' or 'SA', or 'AP' i stuck my post code in the zip code area :/ I find it hard to believe that putting in AP would result in not getting lost. wouldn't writing the actual state im in have less chance of messing up the delivery? appreciate any help ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering when Australians will be able to buy the game? I read somewhere that we will have to wait until next year? I sure hope not
    This thread makes me lol.
    I was going to post how Australians will be able to play the game at the same time as everyone else but decided I didnt want the game to be clustered (selfish I know).
    But yeh I preordered off Amazon like most smart people and since getting my prerelease access 6 days before official release I got my game in the mail a day before the game was officially released. Just saying you could hav been playing the game a week ago if you bothered to look up how to get the game in Australia.
    Sorry if this comes off as harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by kricken View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could give an example of exactly how to enter an aussie address on amazon, where it asks for state i get the impression i'm supposed to have AP instead of the state i live in, so idk if i should go with 'South Australia' or 'SA', or 'AP' i stuck my post code in the zip code area :/ I find it hard to believe that putting in AP would result in not getting lost. wouldn't writing the actual state im in have less chance of messing up the delivery? appreciate any help ty.
    Just put in your address. That is wat ur post code is for. Give your city / street and house number and put in your post code. Fuk why do people make this process more difficult then it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    soo..amazon isnt shipping to some places?

Any Melburnians getting this problem?

I got mine 2 days ago. I live in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    How long does it take to get shipped from amazon? Also, if they release a proper oceanic server in the future will i be able to switch or will i have to buy a separate oceanic version of the game or something?
    It takes a while. Only down side to having to buy it off Amazon. But if you ordered it at or before early December you would hav it already. Now its almost Christmas and people are on holidays and if you ordered it now I doubt u will get it this year.
    Also I dont understand your second sentence. It makes no sense. There is no such thing as a computer game that can be bought digitally that has its own version for another country. If you want to play on said oceanic server you just go to the server selection list and select the server you want to play on.

Again I am sorry if I come off as condecsending or harsh but you could hav sorted these issues out by going to a forum or searching on the internet.
    Last edited by SkyBlueAri; 2011-12-21 at 03:46 AM.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=574005

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=575782

In short, ANZ release date is estimated as March 1, 2012, with locally hosted servers. Arrangements are being considered to allow current Oceanic players to transfer to the local servers once they launch.

In terms of delivery, I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived in three days (I live in Melbourne).

Goy mine from amazon, they said araving tmz

So waiting

Shipped on 17th, been 4 days now - and yes i picked fast delivery!

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><