Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WTB Fangs of the Father

I am interrested in buying the legendary daggers for my rogue. i just need someone to buy them from. anyone can be helpfull? thanks

lol what? So you're asking to tag along with a guild on it's runs for the next X months, where X is a big number, because it's a freaking legendary? Or do you just mean the first pair?
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    i mean to join in on a 25 man run for those weeks it takes. not that much tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    lol what? So you're asking to tag along with a guild on it's runs for the next X months, where X is a big number, because it's a freaking legendary? Or do you just mean the first pair?
    how is people wanting to buy a legendary a new thing for you? it happens every time a new legendary comes out.

It will likely take several months of runs for a rogue to obtain the daggers. During such a time, you would be robbing their rogues of the chance of a dagger. I doubt you will get such an offer without a price tag of, oh, maybe 1 million gold? maybe more? Either that or sexual favors to a guild leader.

Your best way to get them unless you are a female? Be an outstanding raider in a sub-par guild with few rogues or run one of the best full-clear DS pug runs on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by donqq View Post
    i mean to join in on a 25 man run for those weeks it takes. not that much tbh
    Good luck finding a guild to give you daggers over a raider in their guild. Maybe the last two months of DS you can buy them but not right now

Has anyone roughly mathed out how long it'll take yet? How long was wrath of taregcosa. Id expect that to be the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    I doubt you will get such an offer without a price tag of, oh, maybe 1 million gold? maybe more? Either that or sexual favors to a guild leader.
    As a guild leader I support this method of payment.

More than a million gold most likely. The mount from heroic rag alone went for 400k+. For a guild to stop their own questline and take you to all raids for 2 months where it may hinder raid performance (will, if you need to buy them) you'll be charged an astronomical amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Has anyone roughly mathed out how long it'll take yet? How long was wrath of taregcosa. Id expect that to be the minimum.
    Good luck. Two and half months. Bad luck three and half months. Ish. something like that for the daggers. we should see tier two this week

Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    I doubt you will get such an offer without a price tag of, oh, maybe 1 million gold?
    GDKP's on my server (Frostmourne-US) were selling staves for ~150k - although I know of people who paid 1-2m on larger realms.
    Everything has its price, you just need either a server with enough decent guilds to support gdkps to get one on the first-orange timeline, or the patience to wait for nerfs so that anyone can do it.

Assuming ofc that you don't need heroic kills to finish it :P

Edit: I don't really agree with it being incredibly expensive - the gdkp selling it for 150k (all up) was earning about 30-40k gold per week per player. Even the gdkp's I know where it cost ~1m were earning 60k+ per reset, so it just meant you did a run and got no gold at the end.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-12-21 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    how is people wanting to buy a legendary a new thing for you? it happens every time a new legendary comes out.
    Not on my server, I guess that's why I'm surprised. I'll take your word for it that it's common enough, but seeing the prices quoted on this thread, it seems I'm not alone in my feelings.

edit: Not to mention, as said above, this isn't something you can do in a GDKP/pug run very easily at first, since not all pugs can easily down Madness etc yet. And I doubt any guild group would give him the spot for their first legendary over a main rogue - even then, they have to have 0 other rogues before I expect they would sell them.
    Last edited by clavarnway; 2011-12-21 at 10:53 PM.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

lol, we're selling the pickpocket, for the first quest, but after that, No.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not on my server, I guess that's why I'm surprised. I'll take your word for it that it's common enough, but seeing the prices quoted on this thread, it seems I'm not alone in my feelings.

edit: Not to mention, as said above, this isn't something you can do in a GDKP/pug run very easily at first, since not all pugs can easily down Madness etc yet. And I doubt any guild group would give him the spot for their first legendary over a main rogue - even then, they have to have 0 other rogues before I expect they would sell them.
    it doesn't happen on most servers, and its usually an absurd amount of gold.
    it also wont be the guilds first or 2nd legendary probably not even the 3rd.

so this guy wont be buying it anytime soon, but eventually if he look hard enough there will be a guild out there that will sell it.

Deleted
    tell this to the 2173 legendary wielding twink casters out there.
    welcome to cataclysm, dont think buying orange items for ingame gold ist that unrealistic nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be really really rich to get this. Getting someone legendaries basically equals getting everyone every single BoE that is BiS, where you could have given it to someone who could have used it way better.

The actual legendary part about legendaries, is the fact that it takes so much group effort to get them, I disagree with anyone who thinks it's "just an item"...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Your best bet would to post on your realms forum to see if any guilds would be willing to allow you to do this.
    Be prepared to pay alot for it though if you want the full questline, not just the pickpocket.... that's if anyone is even willing to take you past the first phase.

GL though ::]
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

You will need 333 gems and 60 clusters. With an average drop rate of 6-7 gems per cluster, that 333 gems is roughly 51 clusters. So let's say about 111 clusters total. In 25m you get 1-2 clusters per boss (I have heard that 3 is possible but have never seen it), let's say that's 12 clusters per 8/8 clear (drop rate is the same on normal and heroic difficulty). So you're looking at about 9 weeks on average, potentially significantly more if you're unlucky with drops. For a 25m guild to commit to that they're basically surrendering a legendary set for most of the progression period of the raid, and a 25m guild is going to want to get legendaries for at least 2 rogues to match the legendary DPS contribution 10m guilds will get. Not to mention they're basically carrying 1 of their DPS slots that whole time (unless you plan to contribute positively to the raid team's progression... but then... why don't you just join the damn team like any other raider?).

TLDR: It's going to cost you something about the size of Europe's outstanding sovereign debt, good luck buddy.

I think you are getting hung up on the concept of guild runs. It is entirely possible to trade pug deathwing at present - at least on my server.

It doesn't take much more gear for a gdkp to be able to carry people - and suddenly you are talking about profit based decisions, nothing to do with a guild.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a few months and maybe it will happen OP, but until then. This is very unlikely.