Dual specs & macros

Hello,
    a couple of questions for those who are more into it, as I'm not very informed about the game:

1. Will there be a dual talent spec in the game? I want to level a Jedi Knight, but I like to do both tanking and dual wielding dps. Is there a chance for me to try both the aspects or the only way is doing 2 different characters?

2. I've read that there is no addon support for now, but what about macros? May I be able to, let's say, do mouse-over casting through macros, at least?

Thanks.

Dual Spec is planned, but not AC switching(yet?). So no, you could not tank and DW DPS. You could tank and single saber DPS though.

No macros in at launch either. No mouse over casting.

Deleted
    What do you mean by - Advanced Class? Bob.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    What do you mean by - Advanced Class? Bob.
    Each class has 2 advance class specializations. To avoid confusion these are like subclasses within classes you get to choose at level 10.

So you:

1 - Choose a class to create your character.
    2 - At level 10 you can choose one of two advance classes.
    3 - In addition to your advance class selections, you can further assign talent points to further define your role.

Example:

1 - Class: Jedi Consular
    2 - Advanced Class Chicoes: Jedi Consular Sage or Jedi Consular Shadow
    3 - I choose Jedi Consular Sage. Now I can assign talent points to further enhance either my DPS capabilities as a Sage or my Healing capabilities as a Sage.

Hope that makes sense. Here's a link to Advanced Classes: http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krooner View Post
    Each class has 2 advance class specializations. To avoid confusion these are like subclasses within classes you get to choose at level 10.

So you:

1 - Choose a class to create your character.
    2 - At level 10 you can choose one of two advance classes.
    3 - In addition to your advance class selections, you can further assign talent points to further define your role.

Example:

1 - Class: Jedi Consular
    2 - Advanced Class Chicoes: Jedi Consular Sage or Jedi Consular Shadow
    3 - I choose Jedi Consular Sage. Now I can assign talent points to further enhance either my DPS capabilities as a Sage or my Healing capabilities as a Sage.

Hope that makes sense. Here's a link to Advanced Classes: http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes
    Couldnt have said it any better.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    If you want to dual wield and tank I'm afraid you will have to level a second jedi with the advanced class different than the other's.
    I'm still mystified why they made two DPS specs for the dual-wield Jedi/Sith, instead of making one of those specs a tank spec. Are they really that different in play-style?

Dual Spec and Macros will not be in for launch but are in the works for a later date.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I'm still mystified why they made two DPS specs for the dual-wield Jedi/Sith, instead of making one of those specs a tank spec. Are they really that different in play-style?
    They do Combat focus on instant attacks like a Furry war while Watchman focus on DoT's like a feral kitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Never played Knight, but if they're anything like Consular, then they're wildly different. They definitely have different abilities.

What they SHOULD have done is given sentinel/marauder a healer spec, and gunslinger/sniper a tank spec, so EVERYONE can go non-dps if they want regardless of their AC, and every class gets a tank AC and a healer AC. I don't mind so much since I'm going Shadow tank, but not having many healers around especially makes me weep. I don't care if they don't make sense in lore.

Marauder healer could bring "shock therapy" to a whole new level.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    BioWare said that they will introduce both dual spec and macros. Macros will be introduced post launch, not sure about dual spec tho..

Like others said, ur stuck with ur advanced class, so you cant have 2 specs from both advanced classes with dual spec.

ya know i personally dont mind going wit the same class on 2 toons, for me it makes perfect sense.

I will be making 2 troopers 1 a vangard with Armortech/Underworld trading/scavenging

then a trooper commando that will be a cybertech/underworld trading/bioanalysis

the vangard will provide mats for both crafting profs with scavenging and the commando will provide a cash sink with the biochem mats. (still thinking on this 1 though)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    Never played Knight, but if they're anything like Consular, then they're wildly different. They definitely have different abilities.

What they SHOULD have done is given sentinel/marauder a healer spec, and gunslinger/sniper a tank spec, so EVERYONE can go non-dps if they want regardless of their AC, and every class gets a tank AC and a healer AC. I don't mind so much since I'm going Shadow tank, but not having many healers around especially makes me weep. I don't care if they don't make sense in lore.

Marauder healer could bring "shock therapy" to a whole new level.
    This is exactly what I've also been concerned with. If not gunslinger/sniper tank and marauder/sentinel healer, then maybe the other way around. If they go dual spec their better off having both specializations with tank (or both with healer) then one specialization with only dps.

Engineering/Saboteur healer (or light healer with strong debuffs) & Watchman/Carnage tank (blood knight comes to mind when I hear Carnage) doesn’t seem too far off imo.