Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkanius View Post
    This.

It's sad to see that even despite Blizzard being very clear that 10 and 25 mans are tuned very closely to one another in difficulty, some communities still retain the old-school mindset that the 25 mans are the true standard for progression. There's always the argument that 25 man guilds are harder to keep organized, but at the level of play being examined here, there's never a shortage of geared talent ready to fill in at a moment's notice. Not to mention that while both raids receive the same amount of drops per person, 10 mans see much less of the loot table than 25 mans do on any given encounter, there's much less diversity of gear to loot council out to the raiders fulfilling the most demanding roles. Some mechanics are more difficult to handle on 10 man, others more difficult on 25 man, but all-in-all, progress needs to be accepted equally amongst the two.

Silent and In extremis deserve just as much if not more applause than Paragon for their Spine kills (both had it down at least 2 full days prior). Major grats to the both of them and shame on the otherwise-awesome Chaud for not giving them the recognition they deserve. MMO-champion has done so much for the WoW community, but with that power comes responsibility. Posts like this broadcast the flawed mindset that 10 mans are of a lesser difficulty or importance than their 25 man counterparts. Perhaps seeing their rationale could explain their irresponsible post, but until I see it, I remain disappointed.

This completely sums up my thoughts about the post, came to the comments section to write something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Daily Blink rises to the occasion once again.

Also, /drool on the numbers meter.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

This.

It's sad to see that even despite Blizzard being very clear that 10 and 25 mans are tuned very closely to one another in difficulty, some communities still retain the old-school mindset that the 25 mans are the true standard for progression. There's always the argument that 25 man guilds are harder to keep organized, but at the level of play being examined here, there's never a shortage of geared talent ready to fill in at a moment's notice. Not to mention that while both raids receive the same amount of drops per person, 10 mans see much less of the loot table than 25 mans do on any given encounter, there's much less diversity of gear to loot council out to the raiders fulfilling the most demanding roles. Some mechanics are more difficult to handle on 10 man, others more difficult on 25 man, but all-in-all, progress needs to be accepted equally amongst the two.

Silent and In extremis deserve just as much if not more applause than Paragon for their Spine kills (both had it down at least 2 full days prior). Major grats to the both of them and shame on the otherwise-awesome Chaud for not giving them the recognition they deserve. MMO-champion has done so much for the WoW community, but with that power comes responsibility. Posts like this broadcast the flawed mindset that 10 mans are of a lesser difficulty or importance than their 25 man counterparts. Perhaps seeing their rationale could explain their irresponsible post, but until I see it, I remain disappointed.
    You really don't see the problem here? 10 and 25 mans can never be the same so it can never be a fair race. 25 mans have been the race to world first format since TBC and 25 mans are much more fun to watch.
    No one in the whole world puts together two different sizes of teams in the same competition. It doesn't work because they are not the same and it's thus not fair.

We should all see it as two seperate races and they should post two seperate newsposts. One for 10 man and one for 25 man.

Blizzard can try all they want but it's never going to happen. They are NEVER going to be the same difficulty. Just because they drop the same loot now doesn't mean they are the same in difficulty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You really don't see the problem here? 10 and 25 mans can never be the same so it can never be a fair race. 25 mans have been the race to world first format since TBC and 25 mans are much more fun to watch.
    No one in the whole world puts together two different sizes of teams in the same competition. It doesn't work because they are not the same and it's thus not fair.

We should all see it as two seperate races and they should post two seperate newsposts. One for 10 man and one for 25 man.

Blizzard can try all they want but it's never going to happen. They are NEVER going to be the same difficulty. Just because they drop the same loot now doesn't mean they are the same in difficulty.
    I dont know how anyone can even try and argue against this, its spot on.
    It really suprises me that Blizzard still have not implemented a seperation between 10 and 25 Achievements when its obvious theres always going to be a bitterness between the two until it happens.

I hate this favoritism for Paragon, as soon as they kill the spine, front page on MMO-Champion, Kin Raiders got world first on the end boss and they just barely got a sight on the frontpage......

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    How so? They offered a good explanation and are giving solutions, and an extra 3 days. They care about their subscribers .
    Nah its not a disaster for Trion cause they are the makers of RIFT, not WoW. If the same thing had happened in WoW, but blizzard gave subscribers a full WEEK free... there would be HELL to pay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Haha way to prove mmo-champion stuff being so fucking biased. Why so paragon-fanboy, chaud? Paragon is not in top3, deal with it. No matter how many tears you or anyone else sheds, they are not in top3. No solid 3rd place, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that one Boubouille fails hardcore. Silent is second World and killed Spine before Paragon and they aren't even mentionned. Pitiful Boubouille

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsrz View Post
    I hate this favoritism for Paragon, as soon as they kill the spine, front page on MMO-Champion, Kin Raiders got world first on the end boss and they just barely got a sight on the frontpage......
    I hate this complaining about everything and everyone. It's like 50% of posts on these forums consist of people complaining about subjects that are so not worth complaining about! You guys should really give it a rest, go and grab a cup of coffee or something, it'll make your life more enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    On that one Boubouille fails hardcore. Silent is second World and killed Spine before Paragon and they aren't even mentionned. Pitiful Boubouille
    started by chaud
    started by chaud
    started by chaud

Yet it's somehow Boub's work.

Okay.

Deleted
    This.

Lol this is so retarded. THE MATH IS THERE, 10 man can NEVER be the same as 25. And even Blizzard said "tuned very closley" because they can't tune 25 man and 10 man equally and therefor should never be threated equally. If you have any understanding of math, you can easily sit down and compare a boss in 25 man and 10 man and you'll pretty fast realize that in every case, the numbers doesn't add up and 10 man will always end up easier. Also it's mainly scrubs playing 10 man and blowing everything out of proprtion about difficulties. Why don't you start a 10 man website if you are so interested in 10 man crap raids and you can report however you want.

Maybe they do this because a lot of people care about this news. They post news that the people want to see.

And barely got a sight on the frontpage? Look again. They had one post for WF spine, one for WF Madness and one with their video of Spine and an interview. Seems like a lot of people have this unexplainable hate towards Paragon. The title of this newspost is not Paragon got world third 25 man Spine kill. No, it's Dragon Soul Progression. So where is this favoritism for Paragon?

wtf ...sad how they mentioned about paragon rigth when they down it... why didnt he make a post when stars downed it

It's been like that for a long time. They ban people telling the truth about Paragon or in 25v10 discussions even if there's nothing going beyond the civilized discussion. On the other hand, if a person defends paragon/25s he can usually get away with heavy flaming/swearing/trolling.

I am really amazed at Hereticus's work on that part - he was probably the only one taking care of paragon fanboys crying on these forums when KIN got their kill. Even though people who countered those paragon fanboys got banned themselves by other mods, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Silent got World First 10man. MMO-Champ seems to report 25man race on frontpage.
    Chaud (/Boub) said "3rd to kill 25man Spine"

Two different races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    This.

agree with this, and i think its shamefull of mmo-champion they only recognize 25man raiding this way. Cause whenever someone starts a topic about 10 - 25man we are getting infractions.I think its unfair, that eventually we see a flame wars of 10 vs 25 in this post, but all the people that open up their minds on that will get a infration, maybe even a ban. While probaly Chaud who will then have started this flame war will not even get nothing. 10 vs 25 man are both equal.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    It's been like that for a long time. They ban people telling the truth about Paragon or in 25v10 discussions even if there's nothing going beyond the civilized discussion. On the other hand, if a person defends paragon/25s he can usually get away with heavy flaming/swearing/trolling.

I am really amazed at Hereticus's work on that part - he was probably the only one taking care of paragon fanboys crying on these forums when KIN got their kill. Even though people who countered those paragon fanboys got banned themselves by other mods, lol.
    Because your posts are so civilized. "Fanboy much?" Very constructive. The only thing you post about is that others are "Paragon-fanboys". Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Because your posts are so civilized. "Fanboy much?" Very constructive. The only thing you post about is that others are "Paragon-fanboys". Awesome!
    It's way more constructive than telling about Paragon getting a solid 3rd place or posting their retarded 10v25 interviews full of bias and lack of knowledge on the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Haha way to prove mmo-champion stuff being so fucking biased. Why so paragon-fanboy, chaud? Paragon is not in top3, deal with it. No matter how many tears you or anyone else sheds, they are not in top3. No solid 3rd place, period.
    Ill let you go back and read the post again and read the title carefully....

you read it again? ok you see that number? How it says 25? yeah that means there talking about 25 MAN GUILDS. They are world 3rd in 25 man. it says nothing about them being world 3 period. see how it says Dragon Soul 25 Progression Rankings and it has the number 25 shown 3 times in just four sentences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShapatsky View Post
    Lol this is so retarded. THE MATH IS THERE, 10 man can NEVER be the same as 25. And even Blizzard said "tuned very closley" because they can't tune 25 man and 10 man equally and therefor should never be threated equally. If you have any understanding of math, you can easily sit down and compare a boss in 25 man and 10 man and you'll pretty fast realize that in every case, the numbers doesn't add up and 10 man will always end up easier. Also it's mainly scrubs playing 10 man and blowing everything out of proprtion about difficulties. Why don't you start a 10 man website if you are so interested in 10 man crap raids and you can report however you want.
    love it when people like you call others scrubs only because they maybe enjoy 10man more than 25... But ye what do i expect from 1/8HC 25 Raiders like you