Lightbulb Looking for people With Turtle Beach Headsets!!!!

Im looking for people that own turtle beach headsets to give me some info on them. My last post didnt get any info for what i was asking. Turned into a fighting match rather then helping answer my question. Now i want to know about them how good they are would you recomend them to other people. Also on a scale of 1/10 10 being best what would you rate them for pc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if you have a console, or enjoy console gaming and pc gaming I would invest in one as they can do both well. If you are only interested in it's use as a pc headset I would rate it as high as a 6. Just because it's bulky, it requires a usb slot, and compared to other headsets, such as razer, doesn't pull great sound quality for music and such. TL;DR for pc and console, yes get it, just pc? I'd sooner get a razer or another brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're very in to your audio, you're best off getting something cheaper.

My brother has a wireless pair that seemed great for the value. However, it would run through 2 AAA batteries about every 10 hours of gameplay. It would also make scratchy noises occasionally. Other than that they were alright. 4/10

well its mostly for gaming like swtor bf3 mwf3 and soon to be diablo 3 and i listen i to music while i play but i want something better then my fatalaty headset

and i like the http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...force-z6a.aspx but dont know much about it
    Last edited by remeyz; 2011-12-25 at 05:13 AM. Reason: missed link

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go for Razer or another brand as they have better quality for the price, only reason I would recommend turtle beach, is as i said before, the console capability. Besides that it has nothing to offer. I'd also recommend a wired headset :P Much easier imo.
    Picked up my current Razer headset for a pretty good price imo, cheaper than my turtle beach and I am much happier with it.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-+...&skuId=9212531 <The model I own.
    Last edited by Mindyourbaal; 2011-12-25 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For PC I give them a 7-8. For the xbox, their largest area of expertise, they're the end-all be-all. Personally I own two headsets, the Razer Megalodon 7.1, and the Turtle Beach Ear Force X11. The Megalodon was 4x as expensive, but worth it, however, I understand that Turtle Beach has recently released a model also offering similar sound quality. For PC, I recommend Razer products. Their increased focus on bass, and surround sound effects make them great for games with epic sound, such as Blizzard games, and also make them a prime choice for enjoying music. Turtle Beach on the other hand seem to have much more treble, and focus on making sure you hear even the slightest of sounds, making them the optimal choice for games like Call of Duty, or other FPS/Strategy games in which hearing particular sounds can really up your game.

So, for PC, I rate TB 7.5/10, and for xbox 10/10. Like I said, I prefer Razer for the overall computer based experience, but if you're looking for xbox too, or just for use playing FPS games or similar titles, go for the TB.

Hope this helped!

My TB headset broke after a couple months. The microphone just wouldn't hold itself up anymore and would flop around sort of. I've heard this is fairly common with their headsets. I can still use it but it's really damn annoying to be honest.

I bought 2 of these headsets and on both of them one earphone broke off on each, mic broke off on 1, and only 1 earphone has sound. But if you take care if them they worked fine

so what would be the recomended mic for around 100 us dollars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelseries Siberia V2, if you're willing to spend extra money for quality then go for Sennheiser PC 350.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I bought 2 turtle beach headsets for my Xbox 360 and my PC. I think they were the PX11 or something similar.

They both broke within 3 months or so. I'm really careful with my computer stuff. I took off my PX11's to grab a drink, came back, put them on and my left ear wasn't working.

Other one snapped at the base of the right ear - from removing the headset from my head -.-

Don't recommend them at all. I bought a Razer Characias and love them - despite some negative reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with everyone dont buy turtle beaches. they are garbage first time was frayed wire from normal wear and tear after a few months the next set i lost sound in the right ear because of a short at the sound controller.

Deleted
    turtle beachs are rediculously expensive not worth the money for some ear huggers