Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Got my daggers a month and a half ago. Yay, only advantage ever of being in a 25m guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Got my daggers a month and a half ago. Yay, only advantage ever of being in a 25m guild.
    Besides less loot RNG.

My 10m raid group has killed 120 DS bosses, many of which were heroic. Want to guess how many agility trinkets have dropped? One. Agility rings? One. I'm also still in LFR tier pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Besides less loot RNG.

My 10m raid group has killed 120 DS bosses, many of which were heroic. Want to guess how many agility trinkets have dropped? One. Agility rings? One. I'm also still in LFR tier pants.
    RNG is the same, you just get more shots at it. You also have to gear more people with the same items. You also get less tier drops per player. Hardly an advantage unless you have some super craptastic loot system that you abuse the crap out of to jack everything first.

You're not the only one screwed with agi trinkets btw... pretty sure we're about to have heroic CoC go to offspec too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    RNG is the same, you just get more shots at it. You also have to gear more people with the same items. You also get less tier drops per player. Hardly an advantage unless you have some super craptastic loot system that you abuse the crap out of to jack everything first.

You're not the only one screwed with agi trinkets btw... pretty sure we're about to have heroic CoC go to offspec too...
    Ahh, but as you have higher samples, you get closer to the actual chance. Basically think of coin flips. The more times you flip a coin, the closer the ratio goes to 50/50 heads/tails. Its the same in 10 vs 25 man, you get twice as many coin flips and as such you're subject to less RNG.

Ahh, but as you have higher samples, you get closer to the actual chance. Basically think of coin flips. The more times you flip a coin, the closer the ratio goes to 50/50 heads/tails. Its the same in 10 vs 25 man, you get twice as many coin flips and as such you're subject to less RNG.
    No, you have the same RNG you just expect your sample mean to converge to the true mean faster in 25m because it grows faster. Your example is flawed, the relevant example is "I have 4 coins, first i flip three, then I flip the last one." Whats the RNG chance for heads on the last flip? Still 50/50 because its independent from the first 3.

IF it was impossible to get the same item multiple times, then you would actually have less RNG on 25m. It is possible though, so its the same RNG.

Edit: I think I know what you are trying to say, that the probability a particular item drops from a particular boss is higher because you get more drops on 25m. That has absolutely nothing to do with RNG though.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-03-16 at 01:48 AM.

Wohoooo got 1 cluster last night XD so i'm at 197/333!!!

ROFL.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    No.... normals just shouldn't give you them at all in the first place
    Just make it so any mat or stuff needed can only be dropped of the end boss in heroic. that will solve it being given to baddies in normal. And you get to show that you are elite enough to down all content without a legendary since you have to put everything on farm in heroics before you can get it. legendary will be the ultimate epeen show off.

That will make them rare as well so win win dont you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post

try getting RANDOM RINGS/TRINKETS on 10man

Good Luck....

Whoever thought about this shared boss loot deserve a slap in the Face.

Deleted
    Like Diablo, I finally strayed away from the Soon™ genre. Getting them next week.

Unless I'm screwed over royally by RNG, that is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Just make it so any mat or stuff needed can only be dropped of the end boss in heroic. that will solve it being given to baddies in normal. And you get to show that you are elite enough to down all content without a legendary since you have to put everything on farm in heroics before you can get it. legendary will be the ultimate epeen show off.

That will make them rare as well so win win dont you think?
    Not if blizzard keeps nerfing content the way they do... The "baddies" will just have to wait a couple more months before they get the legendary..
    Last edited by Nykezs; 2012-03-16 at 08:41 AM.
    Tauren are the only race that produce the proper sound effects when you use the '/moo' emote.
    /moo'ing since the beginning of march 2004 in the closed World of Warcraft beta.
    Taurens>Gnomes>Trolls>Orcs>Worgens.
    Druid>Shaman>Rogue>Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    try getting RANDOM RINGS/TRINKETS on 10man

Good Luck....

Whoever thought about this shared boss loot deserve a slap in the Face.
    Like I said, you aren't the only ones without trinkets. 25m can easily get screwed as well. I do absolutely agree about shared boss loot... I swear that stuff all drops so much less than boss specific drops. I mean yeah, logically it drops from 6 bosses so its gonna have a lower drop rate and it should probably even out, but I guess our raid is unlucky.

I don't raid though. Can't find a pug that's willing to take me because I don't have 390+++ ilvl and 8/8 (though I do on my shaman, but that's not good enough). Stupid elitist server. PvP pieces aren't so good either nor is missing enchants. Oh, and I don't want to play Combat. Meh, don't thnk I'll ever get me hands on a legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post

I don't raid though. Can't find a pug that's willing to take me because I don't have 390+++ ilvl and 8/8 (though I do on my shaman, but that's not good enough). Stupid elitist server. PvP pieces aren't so good either nor is missing enchants. Oh, and I don't want to play Combat. Meh, don't thnk I'll ever get me hands on a legendary.
    Dedication within the very least is what needed from within, Be glad it drops on normal and such. All it needs is pure dedication and you've got a legendary; Now if you insist on still trying for it I suggest you find a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Dedication within the very least is what needed from within, Be glad it drops on normal and such. All it needs is pure dedication and you've got a legendary; Now if you insist on still trying for it I suggest you find a guild.
    Absolutely agree! I'm the GM of a 7/8 heroic guild that feeds on pure dedication. We wipe a lot. So far in DS, we've wiped about 800 times, and killed about 100 bosses. We've put feasts out for every wipe and we provide all guild repairs >_<. The only thing that holds my guild together is consistency and yet somehow, we've killed almost everything! I think if there's anything I've learned about this game, it's that dedication is [almost] the only thing that matters.

PS, just got my legendaries last night ^_^, now it's time to kill DW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 13 3's and 3 4's in my last two weeks.. This week I got three nines in a row though so karma payed off. 332/333 but I skipped the first four weeks of raiding. I have a 7ish average.

49 boss kills 332 gems. *shades*

How long will the 60 clusters take? I should be doing 25m Heroics starting next week.. I was told 4 weeks if I'm lucky.. 3 if we do 8/8 Heroic Clear every week...
    Last edited by MackMaynee; 2012-03-17 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still getting the 300 something ones. Being the 2nd string rogue in a 10man sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    How long will the 60 clusters take? I should be doing 25m Heroics starting next week.. I was told 4 weeks if I'm lucky.. 3 if we do 8/8 Heroic Clear every week...
    Heroic doesn't matter. Avg is afaik 1.8 clusters per 25m boss (possible theres been an update to that, but it seems like its about right). Assuming you get the avg, it takes ~33 bosses which is 1 boss over 4 weeks. So yeah, the 4 weeks if you're a bit lucky is a fair estimate.

Besides less loot RNG.

My 10m raid group has killed 120 DS bosses, many of which were heroic. Want to guess how many agility trinkets have dropped? One. Agility rings? One.
    Exactly the same for my guild Life's a bitch, ain't it?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

59/60 with my last gem coming from Morchok. :| Then it's clear 6/8 Heroic and spend time wiping to Heroic Spine for a night or two unless we muster up some coordination and kill it on our first night of attempts. So, I'll get my legendaries this week. But it'll be at the cost of not getting them until the end of the week. Eh, I'm just stoked I'll finally have them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodawinfrey View Post
    59/60 with my last gem coming from Morchok. :| Then it's clear 6/8 Heroic and spend time wiping to Heroic Spine for a night or two unless we muster up some coordination and kill it on our first night of attempts. So, I'll get my legendaries this week. But it'll be at the cost of not getting them until the end of the week. Eh, I'm just stoked I'll finally have them.
    Did I just write this? I'm in the exact same situation. Excited about getting legendaries, disappointed about the lack of impact they will make.

Gogo PvP I guess?