Dungeon Defenders Steam Holiday Challenge

I know I know, it's a real bitch and everyone is trying to find a level 70 to boost them. But fear not, there is an easier way.

First things first, play some Online (open, not ranked) or Local games, gain a few levels and put the points into the tower base damage increasing stat. Not sure how many levels you'll need but the game is fun and you should know the basics as even with the method I am about to describe it can get tough. Keep levelling until you unlock at least the chain lightning tower.

Next grab Grandeu, a piece of software that allows you to edit your ingame items. To do that you will need to load the game, start a local game and from either the Tavern before you start the mission or in the build phase of the mission note your current weapons statistics, alt tab out and then put the weapon stats into Grandeu and search for the item. Once you have only one result (start with just a single stat, and keep adding until you only have one result. After the first search click Next Search not New Search or you lose all the details you entered), double click it from the left panel (it will look like a short string of letters and numbers ie 0xA7687FJP) and then again from the bottom panel to open a screen where you can edit its stats.

I am being deliberately vague here because I've only done it once, you should definitely watch this to know what to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavnJNpwm-0. Which the video uses an earlier version the idea is the same.

Once you've edited a few stats click Update and tab back into the game. Check your weapon to see that the edit worked, assuming it has get cracking.

I highly recommend that you use a ranged class and that you place no towers until you know which tree needs defending! I placed 2-3 fireball towers and one chain lightning tower per tree, and upgraded each tower twice during build phases using the plentiful mana that was available. Your super powered weapon should clear the way for you easily (I used a staff on a mage with projectile bonuses) and also one shot the boss. Try to be quick getting too and from each tree especially in later phases.

So there you have it, you don't need a friend, it will still be challenging but it'll only take 2-3 hours instead of days and days. Good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Reopened, seems like this is for local play only; mod-away, minions!
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-12-30 at 06:37 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right