Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What's that?? Troll bait, LOVE IT!
    But seriously, I don't mind them rehashing this. It isn't like they arn't making new content and if it takes less time to remodel a old dungeon which gives them any extra time on the raids most of us will be attempting for a good portion of 2012 I say bring it on. It's not like it's a rehash of good old Ragefire chasm because that was epic right? no. but to an extent this dungeon was.

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    In the last few years (particularly after Naxx 25), NO ONE has asked for heroic versions of these instances.
    Asking for heroic versions of instances seemed to be a TBC thing mostly. Then we saw how awful it felt to have a zombie version of an instance buffed up with Naxx. Then we saw ZG/ZA. I don't think ANYONE is wanting this.
    i'm wanting it. therefore your response is invalid. i love to see which instances they're going to re-do each expansion. i love the nostalgia and seeing what's different. there's always new instances as well. it's not like every instance is a remake. that i can agree would be aweful. can't freaking wait to see the new SM and scholo

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Oh, so it's fine when SFK and VC are regurgitated, but not anything else right?
    No, it's not. But they were the first set so I can't really bitch about them too much.

I don't care. I really don't care. The only thing that matters is endgame raids, and until they genuinely regurgitate endgame heroic bosses in new skins, which will likely never happen, this will remain a retarded argument with the most unbelivable amount of specific and subjective bias toward "I did this, I liked this, I liked that, but no-one else can like anything else" as an argument.

It's ironic, because if I were to say "every single raid should have pre-nerf sunwell requirements as a benchmark", or " ragnaros 25man heroic should be the definition of a balanced raid boss", I'd be elitist. Yet, what you post, is not, it's just drivel that you pretend is justified.
    What does this have to do with raids? Did you miss your medication or something?

The hypocrisy you spew literally is enough to make me throw up in my mouth.
    What hypocrisy? Please learn the definition of words before throwing them out.
    Also, you're probably used to having vomit in your mouth - you're so bile-filled after all.

---------- Post added 2011-12-30 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by taylor20k View Post
    i'm wanting it. therefore your response is invalid. i love to see which instances they're going to re-do each expansion. i love the nostalgia and seeing what's different. there's always new instances as well. it's not like every instance is a remake. that i can agree would be aweful. can't freaking wait to see the new SM and scholo
    Good, enjoy your remade instances. Hopefully they will buff Sunwell to level 90 for patch 5.1 and and 5.2 can be Ulduar.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

looks like you'll be able to skip right to Doan. that's going to be annoying when all people want is the valors and the new "chaos orb" =(

Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    I highly doubt it will have any relevance to the expansions plot. Did Deadmines or Shadowfang really have anything to do with Deathwing, or the Twilight's Hammer? Naawwwp.
    Dunno about Deadmines, but Shadowfang was tied to the new Silverpine zone-quests and the Worgen.

No, it's not. But they were the first set so I can't really bitch about them too much.

What does this have to do with raids? Did you miss your medication or something?

What hypocrisy? Please learn the definition of words before throwing them out.
    Also, you're probably used to having vomit in your mouth - you're so bile-filled after all.
    No. Instead of being pedantic and throwing out half-assed insults, realise that everything you said was pure hypocrisy. Other people are not allowed to have opinions for desiring old raids because it "ruined the sanctity of the old spirit". That is pure bullshit, pardon my french, and you instantly try to make some painfully unfunny joke about it. You are some guy who is riding on everyone in here because they believe the new re-iteration of a dungeon will be a good idea, but you not realising yourself due to your lack of knowledge of what is smart, makes you sound like a pedantic idiot.

Saying I do not understand the definition when within ONE SINGLE POST of yours undermined your initial point is truly hilarious. If you want me to live up to your expectations as well, - I don't think idiots like you should have an opinion on content, because all you do is bitch and moan that it's not good enough, because you clearly will never experience it all anyway*

*there, did I manage to fulfill your stereotype? Because you sure as shit hit mine on the head with your average 'whine because I can'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I hate to be a Negative Nancy but I really am SICK of this.
    I play this game for a fun experience and for me that comes out from new and varied visuals, sounds and ambiance. I was alright with SFK and VC; especially VC because of the story. But that said, the layouts of those dungeons were painfully Vanilla, tired and underwhelming - and I don't blame the instances for that.

Then when they brought ZG/ZA back - that just raped the sanctity of the originals. But I shouldn't be selfish; it was probably good for people who had never seen the instances in their glory days. Still, as someone who never ran ZG back in Vanilla, I still got a feel of how fun it might have been when I solo'd it time and time again on my druid.

And now this? Bloody hell, why?

And before some smartass responds with, "The fights are different!!" Please.
    I am an accomplished PvEer and a long time WoW player. At this point, PvE to me is same - all it is a mixture of elements - running your rotation optimally, moving here, moving there, DPSing, not DPSing, taunting, moving out of fire, interrupting, etc.

TLDR: I play for environments, the feel of a second, fantasy world NOT some PvE fights in a vacuum. The fights don't make the experience; the encounters do.
    ^this. more Panda, less old stuff. Deadmines was cool though, if it's as fun as deadmines was i won't mind. but there needs to be at least 3 more panda dungeons before launch or I will be.. wait for it.. a sad panda. because frankly if there is not 2-3 more panda raids im quitting because I'm tired of this minimal shit, DS has no cloak drop, how the hell does that happen, 6-8 bosses is fine for a raid, but there needs to be two raids per patch then, 4.0 was excellent, and I would have forgiven the craptastic 4.1 patch if 4.2 had more raids ontop of the questing hub. Blizzard managed more than fl in Quel danas, and that was without a shit patch like 4.1. and I will forgive DS having 8 bosses in reused zones if all that time was spent doing MoP otherwise i'm done. Not cause I Hate wow but because Quality+Quantity trumps just Quality.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I look forward to mind controlling the monks again and watch them beat down the group of mobs they were with. Those were fun times.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post

Saying I do not understand the definition when within ONE SINGLE POST of yours undermined your initial point is truly hilarious. If you want me to live up to your expectations as well, - I don't think idiots like you should have an opinion on content, because all you do is bitch and moan that it's not good enough, because you clearly will never experience it all anyway*
    Thanks for the insults and the useless extrapolation from my posts. Here is what I have to say to you in response:
    1. Try not to be so needlessly combative; it makes you look like a fool
    2. Learn the meanings of words before using them, otherwise you look like a fool
    3. At the rate Blizzard is going, I don't want to experience content I have experienced.

Now go be volatile elsewhere; I find you tiresome.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

sigh. RIP Good SM amd Scholo. I will miss you.

New Deadmines was fun, I'll give them that. SFK was better before Cata.

Sadly it's just a matter of time 'till we see Stratholme, Dire Maul and Magister's Terrace 2.0. Heck people liked Halls of Reflection, didn't they? I'm sure Blizzard can figure out some way to rehash that!

VC/SFK made sense in the zones when they were 'fixed' in Cata. Westfall's story was in perfect line with Deadmines, and how Vanessa ended up there and why she was so pissed. They made Scholo to match and fit in the current story, yet now they're changing it. We're actually, sadly losing content here. We're losing the first boss of SM-GY and numerous bosses in Scholo. Seriously. At least keep the bosses that there was before.

Just one more reason to not look back, after leaving for SWTOR.......

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Thanks for the insults and the useless extrapolation from my posts. Here is what I have to say to you in response:
    1. Try not to be so needlessly combative; it makes you look like a fool
    2. Learn the meanings of words before using them, otherwise you look like a fool
    3. At the rate Blizzard is going, I don't want to experience content I have experienced.

Now go be volatile elsewhere; I find you tiresome.
    I'm sorry but dodging every point I make just makes you ironic.
    You are tirelessly - see what I did there - avoiding everything I mention and rely on semantics to sound pseudo-intellectual, which whilst cute and hilarious, is quite boring now; even moreso when you play the definition card when I clearly point you to a post you yourself made, which embodies the very word you are asking me to pre-define and understand; alas if you want me to speak in pretentious and overbearing speech utilising unnecessarily long and verbose sentences then we can all play at that game.

You are welcome to not experience content, but here is the simple and infallible fact. You instantly make the point that you are "an experienced PvEr" in your VERY first post. The very first thing I do personally, as a player who is undeniably experienced in every tier of PvE at a high rank when I read this, is think, let's check his armory which you lack to display. I will now make the same type of sweeping statement you did (IRONIC LOL) about my understanding of definitions (which again, I may point you to your first post, in which you expressly show hypocrisy in your opinions) about your PvE ability; in that you are not a top tier PvEr by a large margin.

Oh Snap.

10+ Year Old Account
    To mr. Trollface above me. How is gods name can you be happy about half of the dungeons being old school. HALF
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    yey for stale cake re-wrapped as fresh cake.

I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    Shut up, I love SM and have been waiting on this forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    Shut up, I love SM and have been waiting on this forever.
    So have I, but not at the cost of only having 3 panda dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Only three have been announced. As far as I can tell, only SFK and DM were announced when Cataclysm was, so there's a good chance that other dungeons are planned for Mists but weren't ready for announcement at Blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was only one raid in this set of preview posts, give it time.
    The sky is not yet falling, chillax.

I had to go find my 4 month old account info just to post this.

There's SIX level up dungeons according to Blizzard, plus 3 redone old Dungeons for heroics. Go watch the Blizzcon Dungeons and Raids panel.

Calm. Down.

To mr. Trollface above me. How is gods name can you be happy about half of the dungeons being old school. HALF
    Simple: The half that are recycled, are things that I've been wanting, as have many other people, since first leveling through them.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    Same reason they made heroic Deadmines and SFK - they were popular and fans wanted it.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Alright. So, let's agree that we get all of this "reused!" angst out of us before Beta, mkay? Go on. Let it all out how you hate reusing dungeons but will still do them because you are a mindless sheep leading yourself to the slaughter. All better? Good.

I'm looking forward to SM. Always love running it. The only armor set I bothered to get.