Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    Dunno about Deadmines, but Shadowfang was tied to the new Silverpine zone-quests and the Worgen.
    Deadmines was tied into the Westfall storyline in Cata which was basically a CSI: Miami spoof involving Edwin Van Cleef's daughter who watched a party of adventurers kill her father back in the day. As for SFK, the Silverpine quests are Horde-only so that would be more of a Forsaken-related dungeon than Worgen and it still irks a lot of players that in order to know what happens to the Worgen after they leave the starting zone you have to level a Horde alt.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    im not saying that they should not reuse it, but to turn it into a heroic 7 years after its release and expect people to be happy about it being called "new content" is a disgrace.
    I sincerely wish I could find all of the threads throughout the years during TBC and Wrathfrom players afking for heroic versions of old dungeons. SERIOUSLy wish I could find all of those again. Unfortunately they are lost in time.

But, with that in mind I'd like you to mull something over:

1. Heroic versions of old 5 player dungeons, we asked for it.

What happens when we get it?

NEW vocal community says: "We hate it and Blizz is lazy and useless and stupid and its a sorry excuse for content and revamped shit is dumb."

2. Flying in azeroth, the vocal community asked for it.

What happened when we got it?

NEW vocal community says: "Blizz has killed immersion, the world is empty, exploration is dead, world PvP is dead, this is stupid and lame ad I hate it and i hate this game!"

3. Looking for raid, vocal community asked for it.

What happens when we got it?

NEW vocal community says; "This is a friggen joke and its retarded and people are getting gear with no effort and casuals are face roll mouth breathers and nobody else should be able to even SEE the content i'm seeing unless they are good and beautiful as I am."

Starting to see a trend here? Yep. Anyway I could go on and on and on and on and on and on about things the community asked for in previous years that are now being hated on. The funny thing is, those that are hating on all of this stuff now and are demanding changes are will suddenly dissappear from their angry posting and a whole NEW vocal community will arise to hate on the very things everybdoy seemed to be loving at first.

It's a vicious cycle and anytime I see a post like yours I can't help but chuckle and remember when people wanted those things and were always asking about them. Good times.

yey for stale cake re-wrapped as fresh cake.

I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    The scarlet crusade trained a bit and gained some levels while changing the furniture at home. It's not like you've never done it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ypolt View Post
    Such a vast majority have such a nostalgic love for these dungeons, and scarlet monestary is one of the most loved ones.
    This I will never understand.

Before I say anything else, I'm fine with older dungeons being re-made into max level heroics. The new Shadowfang Keep was awesome, Dead Mines was interesting and the Zandalari dungeons weren't all that bad. I did enjoy newer dungeons like Grim Batol more but I'm totally happy with our new old heroics.

But why for the love of god Scarlet Monastery? This dungeon is the thorn in my eye when it comes to this game, this and the undead pig zone I forgot the name of. This is by far the worst dungeon they could have chosen to remake. The area is boring, the story is boring, the mobs and characters are boring and if they don't make the fights completely different compared to what they are now then even the bossfights will be boring. I cannot understand they chose this pile over other great dungeons like Stratholme, Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire, Dire Maul or Zul'ferrak. Heck even most if not all Wrath dungeons would have been better received by me as level 90 heroics. I normally never complain or judge before I actually see content but they have to make a ton of changes for me to enjoy this.

But this is just my personal opinion. I sure hope the majority thinks otherwise.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2011-12-30 at 07:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The area is boring, the story is boring, the mobs and characters are boring and if they don't make the fights completely different compared to what they are now then even the bossfights will be boring.
    Just y'know, throwing it out there, perhaps that is why theyre re-doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I'm sorry but dodging every point I make just makes you ironic.
    Okay, you're foreign, so I won't rag on you for your misuse of the English language.

You are tirelessly - see what I did there - avoiding everything I mention and rely on semantics to sound pseudo-intellectual, which whilst cute and hilarious, is quite boring now; even moreso when you play the definition card when I clearly point you to a post you yourself made, which embodies the very word you are asking me to pre-define and understand; alas if you want me to speak in pretentious and overbearing speech utilising unnecessarily long and verbose sentences then we can all play at that game.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Truly. Désolé.

You instantly make the point that you are "an experienced PvEr" in your VERY first post.
    Well I am. I played this game since The Burning Crusade, and on a private server before that. That's like 5 years of WoW on and off. If that doesn't qualifies as "experienced" I don't know what does.

The very first thing I do personally, as a player who is undeniably experienced in every tier of PvE at a high rank when I read this, is think, let's check his armory which you lack to display. I will now make the same type of sweeping statement you did (IRONIC LOL) about my understanding of definitions (which again, I may point you to your first post, in which you expressly show hypocrisy in your opinions) about your PvE ability; in that you are not a top tier PvEr by a large margin.

Oh Snap.
    I feel bad by this section of the post. Not being pseudo-intellectual - I really do. You obviously get your self-worth from the game which is fine I guess. WoW is an investment of time, nothing more and nothing less. But obviously, you're suffering from a very poor disposition elsewhere in your life to be so validated by a game that you feel the need to elevate yourself immediately over someone you disagree with.

But to each their own.

I also find it pathetic that "accomplished PvEer" to you equals top-tier. Are you that insulated in game? Did you recently join your guild - hence your booming pride? It's sort of like when poor people get lots of money suddenly... they get big heads, and throw their money around tastelessly. Nouveau Riche. I get that vibe from your posts. You feel like you can bully people, call them names (you attacked me first I believe, incorrectly calling me a hypocrite and that was one of the nicer things you said) simply because you're now (in your eyes) elite.

I never said I was top tier anyway, but I do know I am better than most but probably still worse than some (the Paragons, the Exoduses, etc). If I was as dedicated to this game as them, if I made that lifestyle choice, then yeah, I too could be as good as this. Hate to burst your purple bubble but this is a video game. It's not exactly hard to parse logs, use a spreadsheet to figure out what is the best rotation, or try gemming in various different ways or pulling the boss 40 times figuring out how the fight works.

You never did address the core of my argument by the way. Fights once you figure them out are the same shit. That's the sad reality of WoW PvE. And unless you're a top 20 guild, you're probably not figuring fights out for yourself. You just rushed to call me names and yell stuff.

Anyway, here is my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Khelekh/simple
    Kind of sad that you don't have basic trust to take what someone says at face value... over a game no less. Your hostility, distrust and arrogance are truly confusing.
    I quit after Cataclysm launched to play RIFT. I came back a few days after 4.3 to check out Transmog. I'm just here to grind guild rep before I retire for MoP. Gear really doesn't mean much to me, and as such, unlike you, I dont use it to quantify my PvE abilities.

PS. I don't care if you think that I am not a top tier raider. It makes no difference to me if I was or wasn't. My opinion would still remain the same.
    Last edited by eucatastrophe; 2011-12-30 at 08:02 AM.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Hmm The Scarlets in Stratholme and Tyr's Hand was made undead by Balnazzar.

It would be a bit stale if it was the same bosses all over again, but although they wereperhaps somewhat long Im a great fan of DM and SFK and how the new tied in with the old.

Undead Whitemane and Undead Mograine (likely with Ashbringer references) could be awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Just y'know, throwing it out there, perhaps that is why theyre re-doing it?
    I fail to see what point you are trying to make, I don't think you meant to say they want a boring area to scare away players

My previous post was a tad bit harsh looking back at it actually. It certainly wasn't meant this harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    3. Looking for raid, vocal community asked for it.

What happens when we got it?

NEW vocal community says; "This is a friggen joke and its retarded and people are getting gear with no effort and casuals are face roll mouth breathers and nobody else should be able to even SEE the content i'm seeing unless they are good and beautiful as I am."
    I think with the LFR requests all the players were asking for a way to run Normal raids and not the undertuned dungeons we got for LFR. I know that's what I was asking for since PuG raiding kinda died on several servers when the lockouts were combined and my work schedule only lets me really play sun-tues. Since my schedule means either everyone is locked by Sunday or restarting progression with their guild Tuesday I kinda got shafted this entire expansion. I would gladly wait 1-2 hours in a queue to get put into a 10-man or 25-man Normal raid with a chance at gear and achievements. I appreciate what I was given, but what I wanted was to run what was already there since Blizzard took it away from me.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Any word or speculation on dungeon items from the original and the "Chain of the Scarlet Crusade" set becoming level 90 equivalents as with Heroic SFK and DM items?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Yes because having an opinion in opposition to your opinion makes us all bastards. Great logic there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I fail to see what point you are trying to make, I don't think you meant to say they want a boring area to scare away players
    ...what...

...Theyre going to update it to current or new lore/aesthetic so it doesnt feel so dilapidated...
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-12-30 at 08:10 AM.

Are people really this stupid?

There are 6 leveling up dungeons from 85-90 in addition to the 2 (3 if you're being pretentious) remake dungeons. MMO-Champion has write ups on three of them on their front page. That doesn't mean there are only 3.

Christ.

Deleted
    Cant wait for nice voice acting: BLADES OF LIGHT! or LIGHT GIVE ME STRENGHT!
    So awesome and will hear it in HEROIC!

Deleted

I can understand the reuse of naxx in WOTLK as it fit the story line, I can understand to a degree the re-use of Deadmines and SFK as it gave more time on the old zones.

What possible justification can they come up with for the reuse of SM. Really am getting tired of old content being repackaged as "all new"
    The main reason is because loads and loads of people want it and constantly ask Blizzard for it... If I remember correctly Blizzard has even stated that officially, sorry got no source for it, look it up if you are interested can't be that hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    ...what...

...Theyre going to update it to current/new lore/aesthetic so it doesnt feel so dilapidated...
    I really hope so. But they didn't exactly update (much) in the other four remake heroics. I'd squeel and pre-order MoP straight away if they make an old god corrupt the area or something massive like that, but I'm having my doubts they will change the area as much as I'm hoping they will. After all, if they do change it enough for me to actually like it the people asking for this will most likely lose all their nostalgic feelings about this place.

Ah well, the other dungeons look fun at least.

Well, other then no one ever stating its "all new content", they did it because PEOPLE WANT IT. People like you will complain all day long everyday, but some people LIKE refurbished old content. We LIKE seeing old areas and dungeons with a new spin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

TBC gave us 11 dungeons, not counting H MGT.
    WotLK gave us 11 on launch (and 15 by the end)
    Cataclysm gave us 6 new on launch, 4 reused, and 3 new ones.
    MoP is looking to give us 6 new, 2 reused on launch.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    TBC gave us 11 dungeons, not counting H MGT.
    WotLK gave us 10 on launch (and 14 by the end)
    Cataclysm gave us 6 new on launch, 4 reused, and 3 new ones.
    MoP is looking to give us 6 new, 2 reused on launch.
    Cataclysm also brought a complete revamp of the old world, plus new areas.
    MoP also have less development time since they are going to release the expansions more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Cataclysm also brought a complete revamp of the old world, plus new areas.
    MoP also have less development time since they are going to release the expansions more frequently.
    It's not a complete revamp. In many of the zones, the quests are the same from Vanilla. The textures for the mountains are also identical; it's not like they went back and remade the world.
    I hope you're right about the fast expacs.
    Elementium on Knaak:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Only three have been announced. As far as I can tell, only SFK and DM were announced when Cataclysm was, so there's a good chance that other dungeons are planned for Mists but weren't ready for announcement at Blizzcon.
    I looked it up from the link at the TOP OF THE FRONT PAGE.

Three new dungeons were shown out of the nine total planned in the initial release of the expansion, starting with Temple of the Jade Serpent, the first dungeon you’ll encounter while leveling from 85 to 90. In this dungeon you’ll be tasked with defeating the Sha of Doubt, one of the elemental enemies threatening the shrouded continent and sacred pandaren ways.
    So nine total in the initial release of which they've talked about five (3 new + SM/Scholomance) and 3 raids, one of which they've previewed.