Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The most pointless BG you've joined: the composition of the opposing team

Hi all

I gotta say I love random BG's. Love them so much that someytimes when I join them I just know it's going to be one log slugfest that's going to result in next to no kills, no honor, and a draw. So come one and all, vent it out:

What's the worst BG team you've faced, where you've looked at it and thought - "Well, this is a waste of time"?

To kick off, I'll tell you mine. One which I just came out of exactly:

5 healers
    4 Blood DK's
    1 Prot Warrior

(and of course we had a load of 'Ruthless' geared players with a mix of greens and no gems to speak of)

Let it rip!

Deleted
    I joined a WSG once where the horde had 8 healers, while we had 7.

well it was after bg... twin peaks we had 1tank 4 healers 5 dps (geared ppl ) vs 3tanks 7dps ( some of them had like 90-100k hp) i thought it will be easy win... i was so wrong it was so pathetic i couldnt even believe it... we had like 7 chances to cap the flag but our fc decided its pointless to be in our flag room so everytime we killed efc ally had enough time to get flag ... so it ended 0:3 ...i was like wtf just happened

5 blook dk's 5 disc priests in wsg... so stupid. They lost though.. my warlock is op in random bg!!

I love random bgs sooo much. I remeber in particular a twin peaks where my team had one healer (me) and a bunch of ranged clothies in pve greens. Ok fine, I have been on sh!t geared teams that had players who were better than their current gear and we actually won (very very rare occurrence, usually you can tell how things will go by ur teams gear). When the gates openned I and one other person went for the flag (fine I'm a pretty good fc as rshaman). I see my teams life bars destroyed at an alarming rate so I was scared lol. Come to find out we are playing aginst 4ferals, 3 frost mages, and the rest assorted healers. I had but one person helping me defend the flag so you expect we are going very offensive. Not the case, they were all getting farmed at the graveyard. I hate random bgs. Too full of bads, bots, and morons.

PS We didnt get a single kill that whole bg. I've never ever been a part of any bg like that before or since......EVER!
    Last edited by Shamygandof; 2011-12-29 at 07:35 PM.

When patch 4.0.1 hit and brought the Cata systems change, but before Cata itself launched ... going into an AB and finding out that the ENTIRE opposing Horde team was mages. Same thing happened with the Wrath systems change in BC, if you replace mages with ret paladins.

Alliance had a blood dk with 200k and a bit hp buffed, 2 disc priests, resto sham, holy pala, frost dk, a ret pala with some PvE pieces (probably around 3.5k resi I guess) and 3 other players who didn't really matter at all. I didn't even try anymore after the first cap, we had no plate wearers or a feral to carry our fc and actually survive while we would "try" and kill that blood . Which isn't really worth trying, not in an unorganised pug with people who forgot all about the magical thing called CC. If I got off a good smokebomb and dance I would get DG by the frost ohlol blood dk is topped of again. :/ Oh this happened in TP btw.

BGs like that are some of the reasons I haven't solo que'd as much lately, atleast not for a random. :X

Joined a WSG last week end, horde had 2 prot pallys, 3 blood dks 1 prot warrior 2 healers.

I left.

Battleground with only melee and healer, so pretty much 75% of them

I faced a 10 DPS 4 Mage 2 rogue team in flag carrying WSG and still lost. Thought it would be easy but they grouped up and our DPS were so shitty.

5 healers + 5 dps versus a perfectly mixed diverse team with Druid + Paladin healers, DPS warrior, feral, rogue, hunter, mage, DK tank, disc priest, warlock. Twin Peaks.

We managed to turtle it for a good 20 minutes, but it was only a matter of time before they just sent the whole team over and ended it. And then cue the whining. Oh, the whining. I'll never understand the need these folks have to whine when they end up in a crappy group for a random BG. When I see that it's going to be a hopeless match, I just try to milk it for everything it can give. For example, this match was a loser, but I squeezed a good 160 honor out of the loss. That's not bad considering we were a horrible PUG.

Deleted
    This is why I hate the small BGs like WSG and TP. They can get completely gimped by ridiculous combinations. At least AV and IoC get more or less balanced by numbers; even with most players being worthless retards on their own, with 40 players you have better chances to get a few skilled & intelligent people to lead the flock.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2011-12-30 at 05:25 AM.

Blood DK. 4 Healers. 3 Rogues. 2 Frost mages. We had no healers. I, a hunter, was the only ranged.

I logged, returning only the next day.

Far too many WSG/TP with 4+ healers per team...

10+ Year Old Account
    joined a wsg where 5 people from a role-play server were having weird chat in one of the huts, refusing to pvp at all. the 5 of us that did want to pvp were 3 hunters, a fury warrior in greens and me, and 3 frost mages from the ally side camped our gy while the opposing team won within 5 or 6 mins. the rp people starting yelling at us in caps because they didn't have enough time to rp in war song gulch.
    weeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    An AB with 5 holy palas, disc priest and resto druid against our 1 resto druid, hpalas running around in god mode together was not fun.

I have a screenshot somewhere.. was playing my rogue, with 9 druids. Don't remember the specs much, but man they were all good at flag scooping. Roots/cyclones/pounces/maims/bashes/mangle slow/bear charge root + cheetah central, I felt so out of place lol. We won VERY quickly, but it was so action packed.
    || Ducivo ||

Deleted
    7 hunters and 2 priests (think both were disc) and a rogue in a lowlvl WSG...

At max lvl in wotlk, faced a team with like 6 warriors, 3 dks and 2 rets in AB...Back when ArP was still in game. Fastest loss ever

TP holiday weekend

We had the following setup:

Prot Warrior (me)
    5x Hunters (various specs)
    1x Arms Warrior
    1x Fury Warrior
    1x Frost DK
    1x Rogue

And to make things worse, the other team had 3 healers, 1 blood dk, and 3 rogue/2 mages/1 ele shammy. Lets just say we never made it across the map with the flag even 1 time.

10 enhancement shamans