10+ Year Old Account

Alignment question.

If I am currently Light II, if I chose to switch to Dark later on, will it be harder the more Light I have? If not, is there anything bad about switching sides? ie, are there enough quest options and such to get to Dark V if I switch? I also do not have Diplomacy, so I can't use that to do it. Sorry if these are dumb questions.. I'm just not quite clear on how it all works.
    Also, does anyone know yet if Purple lightsabers have an alignment requirement?
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

If by hard you mean time consuming then yes it will be hard, as far as Pros and Cons to either side there is none that I know of aside from the few cosmetic effects on your character and equipment you will have available which is generally limited to the Customizable (Orange quality) items and useable gem colors(Green/Blue = Lightside, Red = Darkside). The Purple one I'm fairly sure is a neutral saber color so both sides can use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    If by hard you mean time consuming then yes it will be hard, as far as Pros and Cons to either side there is none that I know of aside from the few cosmetic effects on your character and equipment you will have available which is generally limited to the Customizable (Orange quality) items and useable gem colors(Green/Blue = Lightside, Red = Darkside). The Purple one I'm fairly sure is a neutral saber color so both sides can use it.
    Good to know. So it is possible to go from completely Light to completely Dark? Albeit a little time consuming?
    Also, I don't think there is so I'm just clarifying, only Dark changes the way your toon looks, right? Light doesn't do anything?
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Deleted
    i read some where that you hit a cap on how many Lightside/Darkside you can actually get .. something about 10000 Alignement points is the max to gain on either side, so in reality if you is "DarkSide V", and you decide to change you could get stuck on "Light II" Permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboa View Post
    i read some where that you hit a cap on how many Lightside/Darkside you can actually get .. something about 10000 Alignement points is the max to gain on either side, so in reality if you is "DarkSide V", and you decide to change you could get stuck on "Light II" Permanently.
    Ah, that's what I am afraid of. I will simply wait until we have solid evidence one way or the other. Perhaps I'll enjoy being Light more anyway. ^^
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

My Warrior was at -10,000 darkside, he managed to earn a couple of lightside points doing Black Talon. Further questing has erased those lightside points. I don't think there's a cap on how many you can earn.

You could always grind your alignment from -10,000 to 10,000 or vice versa via repeatables like flashpoints and heroic quests