Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Having trouble getting motivated to play

I'm up to level 33 and just can't bring myself to get motivated to play any more. I have a guild with a few local friends and they are all really into it with some at level 50 already.

What's the best way to motivate myself or should I just give up now?

Try another class.

Maybe you just need a break from whatever you are leveling?

I tried the troooper but by level 8 I was sick and tired of reloading. Never been a ranged class fan but I guess I can try one out.

Then don't play. If you're not liking it now, you certainly won't like it later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I'm up to level 33 and just can't bring myself to get motivated to play any more. I have a guild with a few local friends and they are all really into it with some at level 50 already.

What's the best way to motivate myself or should I just give up now?
    Try a new class. The new storyline might just trigger something that gets you really into it, Try out a new spec, some of them play very differently,
    Try a different Role, Tank or healing, I would try as much as possible before simply giving in.

Other that this i dont know what else to say. Not liking somehting is ok too i dont like the game really, and im ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    Then don't play. If you're not liking it now, you certainly won't like it later.
    I disagree with this.

Sometimes you just need to step away from a game for a few days before it gets fun again.

Just think of how many times in wow you had to take a break because downing LK for 8 months / fighting druid warrior in 2s during season 3 got boring.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Maybe I'll try out healing. I usually avoid it due to how difficult it is to level solo with.

Thanks.

There's two or three things you can do as people above me suggested.

Take a small break, try a different class or a different role. If you still lack motivation that most likely means that you do not like the game and you should not force yourself to play.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What class is your level 33? I know that I felt the same way in the low to mid 30s as a JG tank, but it gets better once you hit 40.

Agree with this ^. I don't mean it in any rude way. It's the same thing I'd say in a thread like "Do you think I'd like swtor?" It's a game. Some people love it and some people hate it. Try it out, if you dont like your class try another one. Don't like that class either? Try another one. Still don't like it? Cut your losses and move on.

There dedicated wow players on here that thought it would suck but love it(me) and there are people that have been drooling over swtor since it was announced and when it actually went live they hate it. Only person whose opinion matters is your own. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time and money doing something at had no modivation to do.
    Last edited by Drek; 2012-01-05 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. I find it funny how people ask others to motivate them to play. Go find something else to do.

If you hate the game before the game even gets fun, just stop playing it. Or roll Sith Sorcerer.

Deleted
    personally i dont play, but i stubled across this thread and i must say like many before me, try another class, or 2 or 6 if after the 6th class it still is no fun play another game, maybe in a few months you will boot it up again and think "hey this is fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    This. I find it funny how people ask others to motivate them to play. Go find something else to do.
    I was mainly asking to see if any suggestions would be made considering something I may have missed along the way because as it is it's getting very repetitive and I know most people love the game so maybe there's some feature or something that I missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say, as a JK, I got a little bored around that same level. But I wanted to at least get my Legacy unlocked before changing classes. I thought a lot about what I wanted to play as I was playing the JK as well. Then, all of the sudden, it got really fun again. I think the Storyline stalls a little bit around that point, and the planets aren't all that engaging...but man I was just as hooked by the time I hit 40 or so, and have enjoyed the higher end planets A LOT more.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I will say, as a JK, I got a little bored around that same level. But I wanted to at least get my Legacy unlocked before changing classes. I thought a lot about what I wanted to play as I was playing the JK as well. Then, all of the sudden, it got really fun again. I think the Storyline stalls a little bit around that point, and the planets aren't all that engaging...but man I was just as hooked by the time I hit 40 or so, and have enjoyed the higher end planets A LOT more.
    You know I felt the same way. Around the level 30s I got kind of bored and made some new characters, but after a few levels I got hooked again =P

Your motivation should be to play with people, that's the only reason I'm still around. Haven't found the game awesome yet..

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, find a RL activity that KEEPS you away from the game, that way when you get any free time you get super stoked to play it. I'm married with a 2 year old son so I'm "always stoked" to play since I have so little free time to really sit down for long hours and just melt my face on the keyboard. :P
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

The further into the game you get, the more side quest filler questing you will have to do, it gets worse before it gets better, where only the class quests are usually interesting, and they thin out a lot. At level 50 there is almost a feeling of nothing to do. Because the servers are not full enough yet, there is no LFG type system and guilds are very basic (just chat channels).

To me, endgame wise it feels very limited, due to how hard it is to get groups, level 50s are few and far between at the moment, even on a high population server. Basically, If you don't like it now, you probably won't like it later.

I would say make some alts and see if you like them better / take a break from your main.

I have to agree with others that things slow down and get quite a bit more boring in the 30s. For me it was as soon as I got to Balmora...didn't like it at all. On Hoth now and hate the place. However, guildies have been telling me it gets better once you get off Hoth.
    Don't get me wrong, I am still, overall, enjoying the game. But something is defintely up with the 30s. I was more like "OMG must get home, must play SW....who needs to go to the store to buy food anyway?" Now its more "Going to play some SW tonight if I have time."

Also, as far as being 50 with nothing to do...yeah you are ahead of the pack. My guild has been playing since day 3-4 of early access and our highest is lvl 45. We are all adults and have lives outside the game, and listen to all the quests when we play. This is probably a large number of the people playing. So it is probably going to be another 1-2 weeks before a large portion of the population hits 50. Then there should be people running stuff.