Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd be happier with a chat channel that could be seen on every planet for LFG, then possibly a UI to go with it that you'd flag yourself for specific things but there was no auto feature, just a "oh theres a combat medic looking for a group and we need a healer" thing.

I hope they never do the auto thrown together group, but they need to do something better than what we have now

On my server someone took the initiative and made a chat channel called ulfg(universal looking for group) that alot of people use, majority of the people in it seem to be in the 40's range so once they hit 50 it should be easier to find a hard mode group

Even in a large guild its very difficult to get runs together or fit everyone in. I do know that I spend more time telling people "Did it already, more than once". As for people still claiming LFD hurt the wow community, no it did not. What it did was ruin some dungeon runs when you got that jerk(s) which fortunately the developers gave you cross realm ignore to weed them out. The community had its problems because the developers uprooted everyone by introducing universal cities like Shat and Dalaran with their portals. SWTOR needs an automated system akin to their warzone matching so we don't have to waste time asking for group members because one of your key friends isn't available now... etc etc.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    What it did was ruin some dungeon runs when you got that jerk(s) which fortunately the developers gave you cross realm ignore to weed them out.
    That and the tiny little thing with the moronic difficulty-decrease. You can´t have a tool that randomly puts together groups for challenging content, thats the problem. So if tehre is a RDF, the dungeons have to become easier, which a lot of players don´t want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    That and the tiny little thing with the moronic difficulty-decrease. You can´t have a tool that randomly puts together groups for challenging content, thats the problem. So if tehre is a RDF, the dungeons have to become easier, which a lot of players don´t want to happen.
    This x1000.

Its no good trading one extreme for another. Extreme ease of lfd with extreme pain of chat spamming and praying the people you need are in IF. At 50 itl be easier of course but when you are leveling up most people are on planets questing and not jacking it in IF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Even in a large guild its very difficult to get runs together or fit everyone in. I do know that I spend more time telling people "Did it already, more than once". As for people still claiming LFD hurt the wow community, no it did not. What it did was ruin some dungeon runs when you got that jerk(s) which fortunately the developers gave you cross realm ignore to weed them out. The community had its problems because the developers uprooted everyone by introducing universal cities like Shat and Dalaran with their portals. SWTOR needs an automated system akin to their warzone matching so we don't have to waste time asking for group members because one of your key friends isn't available now... etc etc.
    Except the community has not returned to its previous form by and large since org/storm are now where people are rooted again. I think the discrepancies in peoples experience pre LFD has to do more with server capacity than with anything blizzard did or didn't do. At the start of vanilla I played on Azshara, effectively a ghost town server. It was extremely hard to get groups together simply because nobody was around. After server Xfers were announced a few friends and I hopped to bigger pop servers and within a month I had a friends list full of people. The experience was literally night and day. On Azshara I would spam for groups and it would take hours and nothing would happen. On firetree/smolderthorn I had ZERO problems finding groups. Even when people left I had such an active healthy friends list and for that matter an active healthy guild that replacements were forthcoming in minutes. When you say

we don't have to waste time asking for group members because one of your key friends isn't available now
    that was not my experience on med/high pop servers. Replacements were always available because I always had friends available. Having said that I expect SWTOR will go this route at one point or another. It's convenient for the player base and its also an extremely convenient band aid for population imbalance between servers. It doesn't actually adress the root issue mind you but it band aids it and gives it some morphine to suppress the pain.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-05 at 02:45 AM.

Now this reminds me of... the 5 man instances that wow came up with the much-anticipated 4.3 patch... and how much WoW has gone down the shithole, so deep now that a lot of wow players actually liked those instances for being simple and easy "to farm gears and points." Queue up, port to the instance, clear a few packs of trash that the tank aoe's, and zerg more encounters "to get it out of the way" and get gear. At least the Wotlk 5 mans had some story that engaged players, now people don't understand why we're killing the alliance mage leader and the Night elf moon princess lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, why are there people who don't play this game posting here?

As for TCWG it is an awesome instance, just did it myself a few days ago and it was great - it does help knowing what to do before going in though!

Best one so far has been the Taral V/Maelstrom Prison dual Flashpoints, epic storytelling and great boss fights (especially the last one!)