Madness of Deathwing 10man Possible Assistance for those Stuck

Hey guys overthe holidays most of the 25man guild i am in took a break from raiding, so a few of us got together to try and down madness on 10man, which we were up to in 25. This is how it went, may help those who are also stuck a bit.

The original strategy we used was green,red,yellow,blue and we would try stack near the tank for the elementium bolt but not use bloodlust until the final platform (which we never got too) in this set up there was 2 tanks 3 healers and 5 dps, a balanced mix but we were really lacking that burst dps to get the bolt down before it killed us all with another pulse.

The new strategy that was suggested to us by our GM was going with 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 dps. The idea with this strat is that as soon as the tentacle at the back of the platform spawns everyone runs over to kill it to get it down before the next impale, most of our dps were at about 40k but we had 1 person in his off spec down at 33ish so it wasnt too difficult. whenever the bolt came down through the timezone we would switch over to it and maybe 1 melee would stay on the tentacle to ensure it died if it didnt die before the bolt got in. We just followed the usual strat stack for bloods, all get onto the blisterings and yer. As a boomy i was switching out of form and rejuving everyone inbetween platforms for a bit of extra heals and ele shaman was using healing rain (i think)on occasions to help with the damage which wasn't even that bad. Getting to blue platform we would dps the big wing to about 20mil (80%ish) then leave it but as soon as tentacle at the back spawned we would run overand pop lust a few seconds later to try get it down in time, next we all stacked at the very back of the platform had powerword barrier and the raid bubble wall from our pally tnk up too, after that we zerged bolt then moved into the wing. For the moment we just waited for the bloods to spawn and did not push the wing, once bloods died we killed the wing off with warrior doing rallying cry when first blisterings popped, we were bout 10-5seconds from cataclysm every time but healers were good for mana by not having tentacles and bloods up at the same time.

phase 2: jumped over again classes that could heal topped everyone off before the final burn. Burn DW then tentacles as priority, using dream if they had shrapnel on you, army helped as shrapnel could target them aswell as pets. After they died we went back on to DW let tank pick up the adds and cycle through cd's, dream was massively helpful here and he was SS so if he died he could get up right away, when tanks did die dps were able to tank a single one for bout 10 seconds with big heals and mitigation. dps were to kill a marked add and then the other to decrease damage. after jsut burn DW then kill tentacles and tank picks up adds and we left tank with them and zerged down DW. originally we were having a few 4-5mil hp wipes when trying to kil everything however DW admits defeat at 2mil hp so 7 dps all down about 40k thast over 1mil every4 seconds, we were really only 8 seconds away from.

set up: 2 warlocks, boomy, ele shaman, pally tank, shad proest, disc priest, holy paladin, frost DK, fury warrior

hope this guide helps those who r stuck
    Last edited by Foto; 2012-01-03 at 12:49 PM.

the title is a tad bit misleading, you may want to change it

Oh.... yeah, I thought you were asking for help, not giving it. :P

Deleted
    Another thought, is to pop Heroism/Bloodlust/Timewarp when first Mutated Corruption spawns on First Platform. It should then be up on the last platform to use again

Bit misleading thread title indeed. Grats on your kill though.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Very misleading title. However, to put it up. My team does Green > Yellow > Red > Blue. With me healing in my Elemental Gear, cause Elemental sucks for Madness, 2 Heal (Other is Paladin) 1 Tank (DK). Very Easy only pressure come at Blue platform, almost 100% mana most of the fight due to Telluric Currents, 70% HP on all when Deathwing fell, with 30% mana to spare.

For the Blue platform if your DPS is slow you tank might get one shotted, unless he is a Blood DK with high shield stack ready and cooldowns, or else prepare to Bress him. Blistering Tentacles will knock everyone low. Phase 2 is about bursting the big adds down and not being bad by not pressing Dreaming when you get Fragments(or whatever it is called).

For Elementium Bolts, I Spirit Linked just before impact at Red platform, you should have it ready when Blue Platform's Elementium Bolt arrives... To use it or not depends on the pressure you face in P2. I prefer getting past Blue as P2 is more cake with all the buff back up.

Would be more helpful if you fix your title and use punctuation. You basically have 1 massive rambling sentence about a fairly standard strategy that is posted on thousands of other websites as well as on the front page of this same forum. You didn't do anything any different, grats on having 10 non fail players kill a mediocre boss fight.

Deleted
    Hate to sound like a dick but if you need bloodlust to kill a corruption or a wing tentacle with 7 DPS, and you still only kill it with 5 seconds left until Cataclysm... that's some seriously low DPS.

Oh well, I guess that's 10 man raiding for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkus View Post
    Hate to sound like a dick but if you need bloodlust to kill a corruption or a wing tentacle with 7 DPS, and you still only kill it with 5 seconds left until Cataclysm... that's some seriously low DPS.

And yet they found a strategy that overcame their shortfall in DPS and shared it with us.

... Kudos to them, I say!

Sorry i am new to the forums, don't know how to change title ill look into it in a second.

I have searched into a few guides for this and not many suggested the same strat we had, most doing 2T 2H 6 dps or 2T 3H 5 dps or 1T 3H 6dps.

The reason as i stated before that we have 5 seconds to cataclysm, could be more i wasnt sure jsut knew timer occasioanlly got low was becasue we waited for bloods before we burnt it past 75%, that way we definitely did not get bloods and blisterings at the same time. we had no issues with dps throughout the fight it was simply a marker to point out where we ended up with all our dps doing bout 40k and with the wait, we never once got hit by cataclysm in any attempt.

don't really know why everyone is being a dick, was just my experiences i thought some people may be able to use to help get their kills, if it doesnt help you go away dont reply no need to get all narcisistic and be a complete dickhead for the sake ofit, i know similar guides are up and around but its what my group did to get our kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkus View Post

He says his group where doing around 40k dps each with one a little lower and that they required lust for the last corruption, our group did have the same issue also doing 1 tank 2 healers 7 dps but we solved it by getting melee dps to move for the corruption early before it comes up this allowed us to down the corruption just before the bolt comes on each platform without the need for bloodlust/hero, we also didn't stagger the wing dps and often had bloods and blistering tentacles up at the same time due to all previous wipes coming down to DW finishing his cast of cata.

Our dps was a mixed bag with dps numbers coming out at 49k - 43k - 42k - 37k - 37k -36k -35k ( 29k tank - 7k healer ) total dps of 430k, we ended up having to lust/hero after the first group of mobs in P2 due to the tank dying twice we burned DW down and killed him with around 3 dps left alive so not the cleanest of kills but we got him eventually.

The key to the 1 tank strat is getting all corruptions down asap so I would recommend anyone still stuck on it moving your melee early so they can start dps as soon as it comes up, that split second of extra dps meant for us we where killing the corruption before the bolt was even cast on the first 3 platforms on the last platform I think it was incoming as the corruption died, oh yea we didn't bother grouping up or using barrier to soak the bolt impact as if everyone moves far enough away the damage isn't all that high around 60% off of everyone minus those with their own defensive cooldowns and the bolt its self only ticked once or twice.

btw what exactly is the average dps required for 5 and 6 dps strats?
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2012-01-03 at 01:22 PM.

after reading this i think we may have to try a different order to deal with the bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you OP...starting this tomorrow night and I replied to another thread kinda like this one earlier but this one was a little more precise in what to do...we have similar setups in our raid so we will def be doing this strat.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    btw what exactly is the average dps required for 5 and 6 dps strats?
    My guild uses a standard 10 man setup 2-3-5 for madness never had any issues with enough dps to handle cataclysm or the meteor, occasionally a tentacle would still be up for the meteor but that probably won't happen now that we are more comfortable with spawn timers ( we had some dps trying to find the meteor before it even spawned) our 5 dps we're scattered from our legendary wielding doing 60k, then three of us at 43k and a healer dpsing in offspec at 36k our tanks were doing 31k and 21k. The 31k was a kitty that on tentacles was only taunting for impales and the having the dk tank back immediately so he could go back to kitty form. so raid dps was 390k and had no issues.