Help! Plz!! Long load screens, Slow FPS and more!!

Hi,
    I been playing SW and it has really become a struggle. I need your advise on upgrades. Im on a budget so im looking for the most bang for my buck if there is someone kind enough to make a few suggestions. I currently have the following system

AMD Atholon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.21 Ghz
    2.0 GB RAM
    32 bit Operating system
    Windows 7
    NVidia GTS 250

I know this is some shitty specs so that's why I need you advise on what to upgrade 1st and so on. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Immune; 2012-01-04 at 03:40 AM.

2gb hdd? i think u mean ram

well first i think the most obvious improvement would be ram to 4 gigs at least and gfx card of course

these 2 will bring the most improvement in fps etc

edit: but wat to will depend on ur budget
    ram is cheap enough, gfx depends on the amount ur willing to spend

Would I benefit any if I got me a Solid Slate Drive and tossed my old one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immune View Post
    Would I benefit any if I got me a Solid Slate Drive and tossed my old one?
    It would help with loading times, but a graphics card/more RAM will be a lot more cost effective and will do more for your fps.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It would help with loading times, but a graphics card/more RAM will be a lot more cost effective and will do more for your fps.
    So for my RAM issue just some more sticks of memory? If so anyway I can use RAM from a old computer of mine?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's actually not much you can do in the way of upgrading. You might be able to slap a faster proc in your board and the added memory and gfx upgrade will help a bit, but with a game like SW:TOR you might as well invest in a new build altogether. You can put together a decent gaming rig nowadays for less than $700.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not waste your money on upgrades. You need whole new system. Game is horribly optimized.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Do not waste your money on upgrades. You need whole new system. Game is horribly optimized.
    If I was to sell my computer to someone to get cash for a new build. How much you think I could get with its current specs?
    Just curious if it really isnt worth upgrading : (

[QUOTE=Immune;14913594]If I was to sell my computer to someone to get cash for a new build. How much you think I could get with its current specs?
    Just curious if it really isnt worth upgrading : ([/QUOTE

Less than 300$ if you can find a buyer. It probably wouldn't be worth it as it can make a great second computer for random non-gaming stuff.

The graphics card is probably still worth keeping if you want to invest as little as possible (say less than 400$) in new hardware. It's easily 50%+ weaker than most low-end gaming cards being sold atm at ~150$, but will probably run SWTOR on low settings. Your processor has to go and a new motherboard will have to come with it. I'd recommend windows 7 64 bits and 4GB of RAM too if you can.

Someone told me a trick today that helped them with overall performance. (I'm not sure it's related, but couldn't hurt).

Launcher shortcut -> right click -> properties -> compatibility -> check "Run this program compatibility for: Windows XP SP:3"

^ This is even if you're using windows 7.

Other than that, from my understanding about computers:
    SSD hardrives are the best way to reduce load times
    Graphics cards are the best way to increase FPS
    RAM + CPU for the game to run smoother

Deleted
    If you do upgrade your memory, keep in mind the 3 GB barrier.

Basically, a 32 bit operating system is unable to use more than 3x1024 MB of RAM (exact size varying on motherboard and video memory; never more than 3.5 GB), so I would strongly recommend upgrading to a 64 bit OS as well.