Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    I'm interested in seeing your action list. There's something funky with activity time going on there, or you have really crazy high haste.

If you're limiting PoH activity to get your healing breakdown to look like that, it'd cause haste to be under-valued. I'd guess that's what you're doing since penance is 17% of that run's total healing :b
    Still toying with it, Giving up for the time being though, I'll give it a whirl later. I run around ~2500 haste for what that's worth.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-01-06 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzla9514 View Post
    Okey ive been leveling up my priest this weekend, I just hited 85. Also I have been talking to other priests on my server about stats and stuff like that that I have heard is.

A/A [Atonment preist] Is raid healers and want to go for Haste

Shield spec is going for mastery and they are tank heals.

I just looked on the rate the disc priest above thread and found out I saw alot of priests with A/A spec that adds looooots of mastery and some with crit and stuff and I got very confused so I decided to make a thread about it.

So the main question is: What spec and stats should I aim for to make good healing done / hps and still keep people alive.

(Also heard the '' shield spec is more viable for 25man guilds'' an '' A/A for 10mans ''

/A

as others have stated it is very situation and personal preference based for which stat is the best.

I feel a healthy mix never hurts

I will say this however Crit is very strong. in the case of shield spec you'll crit DA more often (mastery will be good here too) in the case of attonement you can crit DA and crit double dips with attonement. meaning you can crit smite and crit the heal and heal for up to 4 times a normal attonement heal. mix that in with any debuff that increases dmg (like on zonozz woot 120k heal lol) ahh i love attonement

Okay, Valen at EJ looked over it closer with my gearing, so here's a direct quote from http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t127522-...4/#post2074374

So, for simcraft to properly handle AOE healing, you sadly need a raid with 5 people in it. To do this, you should add this to the top of the file:

Code:
    warrior=dummy5 quiet=1 actions=""
    warrior=dummy4 quiet=1 actions=""
    warrior=dummy3 quiet=1 actions=""
    warrior=dummy2 quiet=1 actions=""
    warrior=dummy1 quiet=1 actions=""
    That will get PoH hitting more targets. Likewise, to simulate a specific rotation, use this:

Code:
    actions+=/sequence,name=rotation:power_word_shield,ignore_debuff=1:prayer_of_healing:prayer_of_healing:prayer_of_healing
    actions+=/restart_sequence,name=rotation
    In this case, it is a pws/poh/poh/poh rotation. The ignore_debuff is important (otherwise it would wait for weakened soul on yourself to disappear).

Running it on your armory profile yields these results:

Code:
    rotation|hps|int|crit|haste|mastery
    PoH|56051|4.4961|3.5180|3.2574|1.7934
    PW:S->PoH|57013|4.2295|2.6775|2.8155|3.1509
    PW:S->PoH->PoH|56618|4.3903|3.0484|3.0303|2.6726
    PW:S|51274|3.2878|0.8595|2.3771|5.1273
    Some interesting new results! At current gearing haste levels (~2500 haste), the impact of haste is lessened compared to crit and mastery for mixed pws/poh. Most notably, though, with the 4pc T4 and generally higher int levels, mastery is once again very strong for a 1:1 pws/poh rotation -- stronger than both haste and crit.

Running the same for my gear (T12 4pc, ~5 ilvls lower), haste tops out mastery, but by a very small margin.

T13 is probably a big fraction of this; it should improve the benefit from mastery for PW:S by 10%, obviously, though it doesn't contribute to DA.

If you add more PoH, though, Mastery is surpassed by crit and haste (which are very close, but crit nudges haste out).

Any real AOE rotation should include at least one PW:S every 12 seconds (so roughly a 1:5 ratio of pws to poh). It would appear from raw HPS that, in 4pc T13, a 1:1 ratio is higher HPS (though at a significant mana cost). In this mode, mastery is, indeed, supreme, followed by haste and then crit.

I suppose the bottom line is that all of our stats are getting pretty similar for AOE healing, and that there is more freedom than ever in selecting stat priorities based upon the priest's own preference and role. Numerically mastery, if you maintain poh/pws tightly in a 1-1 ratio, is stronger, but in reality I suspect most will have a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio during intense aoe, which slightly prefers haste.

Note though that this really only occurs at around high (2000+ ?) haste and 4pc T13. If that haste is removed, other stats more quickly decay in value. There isn't an exact cutoff of when stacking haste should stop but it is clear at around 2500 that the incremental benefits slightly favor mastery and crit, but removing haste still is more costly than removing other secondary stats.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-01-07 at 04:01 AM.