If i drop group during kill and they kill, am i saved?

So, i want to helpout with a DW kill for a friend but I don't want to be saved. If i drop group with like %4 left till kill, will i be saved? Even if i am still in the instance?

10+ Year Old Account
    you'll be saved because other bosses are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, you will be saved because the other bosses are already dead.

And I believe it would apply to killing the first boss too, if you leave before it dies. I remember hearing about this some time ago.

If you're still in the instance, yes, you will be saved. It is my understanding that if you leave the instance you will not be saved.

I'm not 100% sure on how dropping group and hearthing would work. In the past i've accidently removed someone from raid group right before a kill (lol fail at clicking) and he still got credit for the kill and was elgible to loot. So if you're still there, yes you get credit. I don't have any experience in hearthing out but being as madness phase 2 has a lot of raid wide damage I don't see you getting a 10 second hearth off.

Not sure about a raid, but in a dungeon if you drop group after the boss is engaged you will get saved (and your JPs, if applicable) when the boss dies. I know this because I've done this in LFD. I would imagine it's the same in a raid.

only if you join HC save you get saved after pulling boss or when entering
    if you join a svae and dont kill anityhing you dont get saved
    for your question you must hs out before that boss dies

You will be saved to the instance if the boss was engaged prior to you leaving.

It operates much like releasing your spirit, I believe. No achievements, but you will be saved. You've seen that before, yes?

idk if this is how it works with raids but ive had it where ive left dungeons that were mid fight and half dead that i thought would fail but alittle after leaving ive recieved justice points and become saved

Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    you'll be saved because other bosses are dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Indeed, you will be saved because the other bosses are already dead.

And I believe it would apply to killing the first boss too, if you leave before it dies. I remember hearing about this some time ago.
    These statements are very much indeed false. Just because bosses are down you are no longer saved to that instance, however upon killing a boss you then agree to be saved to X bosses that were down.

For the OP's question, if you are doing 10/25 and leave the instance any time after engaging the boss then you will be saved and has been this way since at least ToC in Wrath. The only time this rule does not apply is in LFR when you hearth out or leave during a boss because you aren't physically there to loot the boss so it does not count against you.