No Displayport sound?

Hey guys, I got a new Asus 27 inch monitor today and I am running it through its paces to make sure everything works and all sources and everything work correctly. I used the sound cable that came with the monitor and the speakers in the monitor do in fact work, after testing DVI I am now testing my displayport connection, I am currently writing this while connected to diplayport with a perfect screen, however in the sound options there is nothing about displayport sound being connected?

I was told displayport carries sound as well but it says there is no sound device connected to ATI HDMI audio and there isn't even a listing for displayport audio?
    I checked the amd website and it lists nothing about a driver for my video card?

I am using a XFX 6970

Please help? :c

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 05:38 PM ----------

My video card has 2 displayport hook ups, so I switched them. Now audio is detected and working correctly. Sorry to bother anyone, I guess it doesn't support sound from both displayports?

Assuming you are on the 64-bit version of Windows 7, here are your drivers. Try those and see if they install an audio device. My HD 6950 has an "AMD High Definition Audio Device" listed in my Device Manager and Sound control panel.
    Super casual.

My video card has 2 displayport hook ups, so I switched them. Now audio is detected and working correctly. Sorry to bother anyone, I guess it doesn't support sound from both displayports?