Diablo II announced and estimated to be released in 1998
    One timeline bubble

Next timeline bubble:

3/31/2000
    Diablo II beta begins
    just lol.

and more recently:

6/28/2008
    Diablo III announced at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, showing off the barbarian and witch doctor classes
    9/20/2011
    Diablo III beta test begins
    Right on schedule! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, yep, that's about how things work.

I wanna see one for Valve. We've been waiting on Episode Three for how many years now?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The worst part is, they had something polished enough to show class previews and the like... and it took them 3 years to finally come out with the beta, which isn't even the full game either.
    But honestly I see how the betas work for blizzard, they finish the game, then allow beta testing to work out the final bugs so they don't have to pay people, they get paid by us to bug test the game.

Deleted
    Lol Guess they've been too busy with wow and expansions etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Well during wow SC2 came out, and Diablo 3 is almost done... so they can't be that busy =-)
    I think they just like milking the cow that much more, why come out with the next big thing when we keep paying for the same old same old? right?

They basically had subscriptions with D2, just do another banwave on maphacks or bots and wham, subscription fees. ie buying another copy of the game when you got banned, I'm not gunna lie, I personally bought 12 copies of the game because of EasyMap, lol.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2012-01-05 at 07:39 AM.

wouldnt, with the speed technology moves these days, the coding and development they did 3 years ago be outdated by the time beta comes around?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Different teams make the games.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    wouldnt, with the speed technology moves these days, the coding and development they did 3 years ago be outdated by the time beta comes around?
    Art would be, but code is generally 'Universal' to a point. When you talk about DirectX, most of the time there isn't much change required to get something working in the newest version (major version I mean, like adding DX11 in wow), and then you just add a little bit more for the extra bells and whistles the new version has like shaders and whatnot.

It holds true for PC gaming, not so much for console gaming. You spend too long developing a console game and the only thing you can use if they come out with a new system is MAYBE the artwork, if its got enough definition for the new system. This actually happened to Shenmue I think, originally designed for the Saturn but ended up finally getting released for the Dreamcast.
    We'll see how much that changes in the future with how much more like PC's consoles become... (IE like running DirectX or perhaps an Android powered console O.O)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Different teams make the games.
    Woah shouldn't that be "Skelington knows different teams make the games". First time I've seen you post without mentioning yourslf in the third person!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

I'd much rather wait some extra months/years and almost be guaranteed a great game, rather than rushing it out with tons of flaws still present.

"It's done when it's done."

You don't like Blizzard, and that's fine, but there's no need for another "lol blizzard sucks" thread.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, these things do take time...Luckily for them no matter how long it takes it will be the biggest thing since squeezable jelly bottles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

lol, thats pretty awesome. Though judging on what Metzen said in his interview about it being almost done, we can expect its release to be Soon(tm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Woah shouldn't that be "Skelington knows different teams make the games". First time I've seen you post without mentioning yourslf in the third person!
    Skellington did not refer to himself at any point in that post. There'd be no need to include it; since he's posting it, it's logical to assume he's stating his opinion.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard time: Soon™
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    I'd much rather wait some extra months/years and almost be guaranteed a great game, rather than rushing it out with tons of flaws still present.

"It's done when it's done."

You don't like Blizzard, and that's fine, but there's no need for another "lol blizzard sucks" thread.
    Its not a blizzard sucks thread bro, I'm a blizzard fanboy. Was just lol'n at how its taken 3 years to see a beta after the original announcement of the games.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    The worst part is, they had something polished enough to show class previews and the like... and it took them 3 years to finally come out with the beta, which isn't even the full game either.
    It's extremely easy to take a model in a closed environment, spawn a couple mobs, fire off a few abilities, and have it look "finished".

It's a wondrous concept called editing. You should attend a live audience television show sometime, and see how unfinished/pieced together it seems. Honestly, for a lot of people it kills the effect of watching the show because you can see everything, you see casting calls, getting into position, actors waiting, multiple takes etc.

And I have to agree with your point. Blizzard should stop announcing games 3+ years in advance. But with how small their game library actually is, I understand why they do it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Its not a blizzard sucks thread bro, I'm a blizzard fanboy. Was just lol'n at how its taken 3 years to see a beta after the original announcement of the games.
    Indeed, it's pretty funny. It's basically just like Valve Time, and for the most part, nobody faults their games either.

I hear they are changing the title of Diablo III...

They are changing it to Diablo III: Ghost.

Maybe they're just biding time to make more hype for it. Or the years of development are just trying to make it seem like an old nostalgia thing since the previous one is so old, giving it tons of more sales?

I know nothing of marketing though so hey.
    Quote Originally Posted by mewmew111 View Post
    Stop trying to make sense out of a game that mails you dragons.

15+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure Blizzard is aiming for a global release for Diablo 3 and since south korea arn't too keen on the gambling aspects of the game they arn't too keen on giving the game a rating, which is causing all these constant delays
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.