Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks SWTOR is down but it isn't anything to make a huge fuss. I love the game, it has basically replaced WoW (except for raiding, I still do that with my guild) and I have had worse maintenance experience with Blizzard. Just do something else, sleep, chores, another hobby (it sucks if this game is the only hobby you can do), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hamesarinho View Post
    if you press escape before the conv ends you can repeat it and choose the right option second time round
    Yeah I wanted to do that, but...well it's complicated

having a particular companion with me would've changed the outcome of the conversation. I forgot to summon them before starting the convo, and once it was done, it was done. It's one of the few places in the whole game where this happens i think, unfortunately also one of the few places having a particular companion can change the dialogue

QQ

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    It sucks SWTOR is down but it isn't anything to make a huge fuss. I love the game, it has basically replaced WoW (except for raiding, I still do that with my guild) and I have had worse maintenance experience with Blizzard. Just do something else, sleep, chores, another hobby (it sucks if this game is the only hobby you can do), etc.
    I'm about read to quit raiding in wow. Dragon Soul is really bad. Raid finder is even worse. They are homogenizing the raiding experience to the point that what was once the most delicious chocolate milk you've ever drank is turning into chocolate flavored water.

I regret buying the year pass, and now that i've been playing diablo 3 in the beta, i regret it EVEN MORE...because I do not like that game either.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The gaming community is amazing. "Bugs here, bugs everywhere. Nothing gets ever fixed!1!!1!" BioWare puts out bug patches fast. "WTF servers down again for 12 hours?!+11!!"

You people make me laugh. Yesterday's maintenance was about 6 hours shorter than announced. This maintenance will hardly take more than a few hours. Go outside. Play Skyrim. Watch a movie. etc.
    a 6 hour mainteance for all servers just to get in a patch that has TWO, not one but TWO bugfixes!
    Seems like an overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    a 6 hour mainteance for all servers just to get in a patch that has TWO, not one but TWO bugfixes!
    Seems like an overkill.
    Where does it say 6 hour maintenance? So far we haven't even hit two.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It doesn't even say there is a maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a tad annoying that there is no announcement on their website or anything about this. Just that there will be a patch and nothing about any estimation or anything.

Deleted
    Just an example.

Deleted
    Really? It hasn't even been down 2 and people are already having withdrawal symptoms ? :S

Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    Really? It hasn't even been down 2 and people are already having withdrawal symptoms ? :S
    Well its an engrossing game.

Till you hit level 50...
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post

Till you hit level 50...
    Eh, I'm actually having a blast at 50 on my SI. Can't wait for full brackets where I can start a full premade though. Republic on The Swiftsure seem to do nothing but premades, so you'll get two groups of full-50, full-pvp geared Republic and we'll be stuck with the level 11s trying to level without questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post

Till you hit level 50...
    I hit level 50 two weeks ago and I still can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    A trick for customer service. A lot of people usually want to speak to the supervisor, and usually they are busy and sometimes not even there. Problem is solved by handing over the call to the person next to you, which is an ordinary customer support working man as well. And you say "just repeat what I said". That satisfies most callers, who are just in need to hear somebody elses voice =) With that in mind, a supervisor might not be a supervisor... just another ordinary worker who just want to help get rid of your call =)
    Yeah, I know.

I'm currently on the fourth level of customer service. I went from "david" who sounded Indian, to "Michael" who sounded Mexican, to "Josh" who sounded mid-western US. We'll see who I get next. I don't even know what I'm calling about anymore.

Eh, I'm actually having a blast at 50 on my SI. Can't wait for full brackets where I can start a full premade though. Republic on The Swiftsure seem to do nothing but premades, so you'll get two groups of full-50, full-pvp geared Republic and we'll be stuck with the level 11s trying to level without questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I hit level 50 two weeks ago and I still can't get enough of it.
    Oh I have not hit 50 yet, that's just what I've heard.

I am glad to hear that.

=)
    Signature Nazi's suck.

stop with the fucking whining. The /getdown is a big bug, no wonder they want to fix it, asap. Criiibabiiiesss

Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    Some people have a small window to play. And so this means a night off. Not the end of the world, but annoying as I agreed that my wife could watch some awful period drama and now I'm subjected to it too.

Servers are up!!!!
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by co0004ml View Post
    Some people have a small window to play. And so this means a night off. Not the end of the world, but annoying as I agreed that my wife could watch some awful period drama and now I'm subjected to it too.
    I suppose something like that can get frustrating, but if you have other things to do then waiting isn't that bad if you get me ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by co0004ml View Post
    This. I have a few hours, mostly the last few. They're trying to pass it off as a scheduled maintenance and i'm like... no, I'm not going to check that everyday. Then he's like, well go to swtor.com/community so I did and I don't see a damn thing.

Sticking on the phone just to see what happens. You do NOT want to deal with me over the phone, btw. I'm not cruel to the wage slaves they have, but I do not take no for an answer. I think I'm trying to get free game time or something. I'll figure it out when the fifth guy picks up. If he doesn't, I'll go for even more for the fact that I've been on the phone for 1:30

And yes, servers are up.

MFW Cata's release had maintenances every night for nearly 2 weeks, and that was only an Expansion not a launch of a new game.

People need to calm their shit down a notch.

It was only down for 2 hrs of the 8 it said it would be last night, and even said in this mornings patch notes that if they didn't get it completely fixed what they did last night they would bring it down for a while tonight.

Pro-tip: READ SHIT.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    i hope they fix the social items stat bug its really annoying,i dont care how long can the servers be offline just fix some known issues.