Thread: Gurth buff

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gurth buff

Patch 4.3.2 Items
    The most significant item change was Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps having the proc time increased to 12 seconds from 10 seconds. This change was made to all three versions of the item.

Even more OP! Shame I am so cursed with weapons and can never get good ones...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Even more OP! Shame I am so cursed with weapons and can never get good ones...
    Same here. Running in T11 content, no asscandy, running FL, never seen sulfuras, now? Every week LFR, every week DS10 and never seen gurthalak, instead we have dropped every week http://www.wowhead.com/item=78485 in normalmode.... my raid is cursed for melee weapons... -.-

That last 2 Madness kills on normal my guild has gotten a total of 4 (FOUR) of the bows. That means all of our loot from madness for two weeks in a row were completely useless to us. QQ

Deleted
    That's cool and all.. but I did the last 4 in the LFR a moment ago and got much less % of damage from it. Extremely unlucky, or more "fixes" for the proc? Crossing the fingers for just bad luck (ie, got from 2-4% of damage in the encounters)

Edit: Nah, I just put myself in a bad place on Ultraxion, lots of tentacles summoned and stood looking at the air, bad luck on Blackhorn. I would say that it is a tooltip change, or at least looking at logs from last week it lasted 12 secs and ticked 8 times, just like today...
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-01-05 at 01:14 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Increasing the time and keep the amount of ticks = nerf.

As far as I know atm it's 1 tick per sec right? And if it keeps it, then yeah, it's a 20% buff to the proc, which is quite alot.

i would guess it gets some sort of icd to go along with this "buff" to quiet down the rising pvp qq.

So, Buff or Nerf?
    Last edited by iddqd; 2012-01-05 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazinus View Post
    That last 2 Madness kills on normal my guild has gotten a total of 4 (FOUR) of the bows. That means all of our loot from madness for two weeks in a row were completely useless to us. QQ
    afaik getting 2 same items from 1 boss kill on 10man is impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    It is not impossible. I've seen two Gurthalak's drop on 10man normal.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    and we had 2 healing maces from our first 10man kill... so it's possible indeed ^^

tooltip fix i think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    yes it is. But not on Deathwing... Whatever Blizzards Reasons are, but seeing 4 Gurthalaks and 2 Bows on our first 3 kills... not sure if srs

i think u guys are forgetting about haste affecting it. i use a 403 gurth to tank with and with next to no haste i get 9 ticks from a single proc with it
    Last edited by flyinhigh; 2012-01-08 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    i use a 397 gurth to tank with
    Did I just read, what?

Quote Originally Posted by flyinhigh View Post
    i think u guys are forgetting about haste affecting it. i use a 397 gurth to tank with and with next to no haste i get 9 ticks from a single proc with it
    insert facepalm ascii art here...

Quote Originally Posted by flyinhigh View Post
    i think u guys are forgetting about haste affecting it. i use a 397 gurth to tank with and with next to no haste i get 9 ticks from a single proc with it
    i assume your a DK tank
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Yirman View Post
    It is not impossible. I've seen two Gurthalak's drop on 10man normal.
    That's how I got my two - double drop in 10man the day after my birthday. I took it as Blizzard's present for never seeing a single 2h weapon through the entirety of heroic FL + normal Rag.

Deleted
    Also, there's no such thing as a "397" Gurth, what are you smokin son?

I think this thread should be more about warriors all pointing and laughing at ret paladins.

But no seriously, why buff a class by 18% then apply a class-specific nerf to their BiS weapon? I wonder if GC has ever heard the old robot phrase "does not compute."

fuck hand of light
    Troyzilla - Worthless DPS Warrior, AKA - That warrior who can play arms.
    ...................__
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(