Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's honestly not that good of a computer, anymore, at least. 4GB of DDR2 RAM, old quad core only at 2.5GHz (yes I said only), and an old NVidia GTX 260, this is pretty dated.

CPU affects fps the most, but with only 4GB of RAM, especially DDR2 on an old system, you will be bottlenecked. Your best bet to see considerable improvement would be a full upgrade, though you could take the SSD/HDDs from your current rig on to your new rig if you chose to upgrade.
    It's not so dated computer. I can run other games with no problem. Problem is that game is older than my computer and it's not optimized as it should be. It's not even using 100% of my CPU but only 1 core at 100% and another at about 50%. I have seen people on worse computers having better FPS. -.-

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    It's not so dated computer. I can run other games with no problem. Problem is that game is older than my computer and it's not optimized as it should be. It's not even using 100% of my CPU but only 1 core at 100% and another at about 50%. I have seen people on worse computers having better FPS. -.-
    Can you be more specific? How long have you had this computer? How many addons do you use?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Z68
    2500k 4.5ghz
    gtx 580
    8G RAM
    Everything is on ultra except shadows 1 notch down.

Raiding on 25 man DS heroic FPS capped to 60 in I usually have around 45-60 FPS on boss fights, but on some bosses such as Yorsahj, and Spine the fps drops down to 20 and Ultraxion is around 35

Quote Originally Posted by Exp View Post
    anyways, on full ultra I usually get over 100 fps, in 25 man raids I never go below 60fps.
    Cool story bro, keep on dreaming.
    Last edited by mmocfc4f5f54a2; 2012-01-06 at 10:46 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nforce View Post
    Cool story bro, keep on dreaming.
    He isn't dreaming!

He's just playing at 800x600!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I only do 10 mans at the moment, I have shadows on highest. No issues from what I've noticed. I'd assume my rig (in sig) should do well in 25s aswell though. It did in the beginning of cata.

I have the same as above, core i7 2600k @4.5Ghz, and a 580 (not sli, but then again WoW doesnt scale beyond a single gpu, so its the same performance)

anyways, on full ultra I usually get over 100 fps, in 25 man raids I never go below 60fps. a core i7 is ~$300, mobo $150-200 ish, and 580 ~$480
    SLI scales, synthaxx even has some positive numbers on tri sli with 580's but of course a single 580 can keep it way over 60 fps (at non CPU bound scenarios) at pretty much any common resolution so there's little point in SLIing for this title.

And the other numbers you pull are also not believable, of course.

Can you be more specific? How long have you had this computer? How many addons do you use?
    I bought it 3 years ago. Pretty much only normal addons, nothing special. Once I tried to switch them all off and only improvement I had was loading time.

Deleted
    As I was a part of a 10-man guild I have only done 25-mans recently using the LFR tool. I get a solid 60fps on most fights with dips in the low 40s with heavy AoE or other effects. I'm also riding the 2500k wagon.

i5 2500k currently at 4.7GHz
    8GB 1600Mhz dual-channel RAM
    GTX 560 Ti usually clocked at 910Mhz when idling or playing WoW/HoN, otherwise 970Mhz
    1920x1080 resolution, loading the game from a RAID0 WD:C Blue configuration (2x 750GB)
    Playing with a moderate amount of addons

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get around 90ish in org during peak hour, 175ish in heroics, and I have yet to see it dip below 65 in raids "via LFR" ...I have every setting but shadows up as far as they will go, at 1920x1200...below is my setup

Had it done by digital storm, mainly cause I didn't want to mess with liquid cooling on my own...

Cost: 3702$ < cheap considering I purchased the day the revised boards came in!
    Case: Haf-932
    Mobo: Asus Maximus Iv Extreme
    CPU: 2600k Overclocked To 4.9ghz
    PSU: 1000 Corsair PSU
    GPU: Evga Gtx 580 Overclocked
    RAM: 8gb Corsair Dominator DHX
    HD: 160gb Intel SSD

Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-01-06 at 03:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    It's honestly not that good of a computer, anymore, at least. 4GB of DDR2 RAM, old quad core only at 2.5GHz (yes I said only), and an old NVidia GTX 260, this is pretty dated.
    GTX 260 is more than enough for WoW's graphics.

a Yorkfield Core2Quad should still get more than 10fps in 25s.

Throughput on DDR2 should be fine for WoW, especially his at 1066mhz. As long as he isn't running a bunch of crap in the background, 4GiB should be enough as well.

Problem lies elsewhere, honestly. Although I agree it is somewhat dated.

/bonk Deltrus
    red panda red panda red panda!

Oh come on, game is 6 years old, it should run maxed all on my mashine. Well after all I went into some testing, I figured out, that there was missing setting in config.wtf to enable all 4 cores so now I have it running on all 4 cores. I have also disabled some addons and currently I'm running at 30FPS in orgrimmar with a lot of people around me. Need to try what is like in 25 man raid now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes the engine is 6 years old and hasn't been changed much but the added content over it makes it very CPU depending in 25's. Anything below 3ghz will spike way below 30 FPS with everything in "true Ulta". On a side note you can run it fine in High on any 3ghz CPU and a CPU above a 8800. When I played I turned down shadows and spell detail so I could see, in a group with a lot of ranged as a melee it was hard to see anything with all the spell effects flashing over your character.

15+ Year Old Account
    The engine itself is actually a decade old, since it's core goes back to WarCraft III. Over the years it's been rehashed, modified, updated, fixed, toiled with and pushed into 2012, and the simple fact is it scales poorly. It was originally designed to run on single core machines at resolutions around 1280x960, or 1600x1200 on 'enthusiast' systems. Resolution is, of course, one of the big culprits when it comes to how bad it scales.

If you've been gaming at least as long as I have, you should remember how beaten to death the horse that was GoldSrc (Half-Life). That's a pretty good comparison to how poorly WoW's engine scales today.

I'm lucky to get 20 lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, game is 6 years old, it should run maxed all on my mashine. Well after all I went into some testing, I figured out, that there was missing setting in config.wtf to enable all 4 cores so now I have it running on all 4 cores. I have also disabled some addons and currently I'm running at 30FPS in orgrimmar with a lot of people around me. Need to try what is like in 25 man raid now.
    The engine is even older than that but that's not the point. The recent version was upgraded in cataclysm and wotlk with all the new fancy ultra graphic settings and should only be realistically considered with the best hardware. Your affinity mask "fix" really does nothing as I believe it was already implemented as automatic thing in cataclysm. Unless you had previously tinkered with the setting.

If you are running with Vsync and Tripple Buffering on, try without either and see if it helps. It could be a matter of low video memory that's causing the frame drop with tripple buffering on.

havent done anything on my pc for a few weeks now (had internet problems at home), but i sure had problems with lfr on my laptop.
    normal fights were no problem but at warlord darkphase or heavy aoe did make me 1 hell of a laggy player:P

I have the same as above, core i7 2600k @4.5Ghz, and a 580 (not sli, but then again WoW doesnt scale beyond a single gpu, so its the same performance)

anyways, on full ultra I usually get over 100 fps, in 25 man raids I never go below 60fps. a core i7 is ~$300, mobo $150-200 ish, and 580 ~$480
    I am sorry, but I do not buy this for one second. There is no way ANY home PC gets above 60 fps during heavy combat/aoe in a 25 man raid. I have a 2500k and SLI GTX 570s and I drop into the 30s sometimes. I am aware of poor SLI scaling, but this does not allow for ~50% less performance than you. I would love to see a timed bench of your PC through a boss encounter with lots of aoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    I am sorry, but I do not buy this for one second. There is no way ANY home PC gets above 60 fps during heavy combat/aoe in a 25 man raid. I have a 2500k and SLI GTX 570s and I drop into the 30s sometimes. I am aware of poor SLI scaling, but this does not allow for ~50% less performance than you. I would love to see a timed bench of your PC through a boss encounter with lots of aoe.
    I don't buy it at 1080p+, but they never specified their resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I get around 90ish in org during peak hour, 175ish in heroics, and I have yet to see it dip below 65 in raids "via LFR" ...I'm have every setting but shadows up as far as they will go, at 1920x1200...below is my setup

Had it done by digital storm, mainly cause I didn't want to mess with liquid cooling on my own...

Cost: 3702$ < cheap considering I purchased the day the revised boards came in!
    Case: Haf-932
    Mobo: Asus Maximus Iv Extreme
    CPU: 2600k Overclocked To 4.9ghz
    PSU: 1000 Corsair PSU
    GPU: Evga Gtx 580 Overclocked
    RAM: 8gb Corsair Dominator DHX
    HD: 160gb Intel SSD

*snipped pics*
    I would have GLADLY built and shipped your PC for a grand less than you paid with the exact same specs. Digital storm is an incredible builder, but If you are confident enough to build your own PC, you can do water cooling practically blindfolded. The CPU only loops are cake man, and you should try it out yourself next time, because it is actually fun to do and brag about later.

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't buy it at 1080p+, but they never specified their resolution.
    When he said full ultra, I assumed 1080p. Also my i5 is 4.8GHz, so if anything I should see the same or better numbers.

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 03:32 PM ----------

I suppose I will contribute now.

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz
    Water cooled cpu only
    16GB of G.Skill
    2x GTX570 in SLI
    60GB Mushkin Callisto
    1TB WD Caviar

I see fps in the 50s and 60s in very crowded times of day in SW, and in raids I never drop below 30, but it does dip into the 30s at times.

I run 1080p and have everything on ultra including all AA and shadows. I never consciously notice any slowdown whatsoever, even during heavy aoe phases.

Well I pushed my rig to stable 30+ in 25 man LFR. Goodie now. What to do: if your wow still run only on 2 cores, push it to run on all 4 cores and disable some addons like: prat and x-perl.

Well I pushed my rig to stable 30+ in 25 man LFR. Goodie now. What to do: if your wow still run only on 2 cores, push it to run on all 4 cores and disable some addons like: prat and x-perl.
    Prat is an awesome chat program, but it does cause you to take a hit on performance if you are tight on system RAM. Xperl is just an all around hog as well. I used to use both. I dropped Xperl, but still use prat.