Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Australia + swotr

Does anyone have any idea when this game will be available to us down under.. i know there are ways of getting it but id rather buy the hard copy from EB or something similar.. I looked on the site and have not found any information relating to extended release dates to other countries.. Anyone heard / seen anything ?

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently pre-order people started getting it yesterday (4 of jan)

edit: what i found
    http://geek.pikimal.com/2012/01/04/e...-in-australia/
    Last edited by brob; 2012-01-05 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    I heard Stephen Reid mention during his reddit AMA, that they expect to launch Australian based servers is early March. Assuming there's a 1:1 correlation that's still a while to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting mine through EB games tomorrow for $78

just got my copy cheers guys and go aldo @charvie wooo

i already have it..went to swtor.com, made an account, did all the steps upto entering a cd key, went to hotcdkey.com and bought a key..easy peasy..been playing since its release!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    yeah EB is grey importing the game

source : http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/01/eb-...-old-republic/
    Serious? Wow. Good on them. Not even JB is doing that, though I bet they'll catch on quickly.

Also, Amazon = received it on the 17th of December

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just going to wait for our own servers rather than get stuck on a US server with no way to transfer to an Aus one (kind of like EU and US servers in WoW).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthQQ View Post
    Pretty much this, im suprised more people havent done this.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are providing transfers to the Australian servers from the US ones when we get em
    This. There are already "unofficial" Aussie servers and they'll open server transfers to Oceanic servers once we get them, so don't NOT play the game just because of this.

Also having no problem with latency anyway - I have LESS lag than I did in WoW on their Oceanic ones, playing on West-coast servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I heard Stephen Reid mention during his reddit AMA, that they expect to launch Australian based servers is early March. Assuming there's a 1:1 correlation that's still a while to go.
    Do you know if that means actual Australian based servers, or US based servers set to Australian time?

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAMMMMMMMOOOOO proper AUSSIE MATE!
    I actually read that while bopping to your avatar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthQQ View Post
    Serious? Wow. Good on them. Not even JB is doing that, though I bet they'll catch on quickly.

Similar to me. I procrastinated for a few weeks, since I couldn't preorder from SWTOR.com. Finally went to Amazon a couple of days before the game went live. Got access within a day. Received the box just before Christmas, so it took a while to get to me, but registration doesn't seem to do anything, anyway. I had access from about the 19th. IMO, the colour crystal sucks, tho, so early access or not I wouldn't have been fussed after all, haha. Couldn't play for like five days after getting access, either, because of RL stuff. :/

Amazon pretty much delivers all over the world when it comes to smaller things like books and games. For some things they won't ship here (Japan), but there was no problem with SWTOR. I didn't want a physical copy, as it's just extra junk, but when you've got no choice, you've got no choice.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-order crystal is throwaway. I equipped it only on my Imperial Agent because of the stats, but as soon as I got a better crystal it was out of there. I didn't equip it on my lightsaber-wielding guys because it was just so damn ugly!

WHAMMMMMMMOOOOO proper AUSSIE MATE!
    Sweet jebus I just /splooshed a little

if they really are AUS based servers, im not sure if a lot of my friends will be able to adjust to playing on such low ping.

wen i moved to the UK 2 years ago, i started playing WoW on EU servers and i STILL accidently cut off my cast times early due to such low ping. >_<

Australians : the best gamers in the world on the worst ping.

I cant wait until Aussie servers, I have never experienced a low ping!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Im just going to wait for our own servers rather than get stuck on a US server with no way to transfer to an Aus one (kind of like EU and US servers in WoW).
    as of yet there are no server x-fers

but if anyone wants to be on an Australian Server we claimed "The Swiftsure" so check it out

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 02:04 AM ----------

oh my bad didn't read that article, yeah so server transfers sound great when they happen!

The problem is that Telstra wants exclusive rights to ToR just like they did with WoW and LoL.
    they have basically said that if Bioware won't agree to this weird sponsorship deal involving off metre usage for Telstra customers and some weird promotions then they won't let Bioware set up Australian Exchanges...

I think Telstra needs to pull their heads out their asses and accept they are making enough money off the line usage without special endorsements

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charvie View Post
    I'm getting mine through EB games tomorrow for $78
    Good lord I feel sorry for you guys down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    as of yet there are no server x-fers

but if anyone wants to be on an Australian Server we claimed "The Swiftsure" so check it out

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 02:04 AM ----------

oh my bad didn't read that article, yeah so server transfers sound great when they happen!

The problem is that Telstra wants exclusive rights to ToR just like they did with WoW and LoL.
    they have basically said that if Bioware won't agree to this weird sponsorship deal involving off metre usage for Telstra customers and some weird promotions then they won't let Bioware set up Australian Exchanges...

I think Telstra needs to pull their heads out their asses and accept they are making enough money off the line usage without special endorsements
    Do you have a source for that? I actually believe you because Telstra are bastards like that but it would be good to read