Thread: sage companion

sage companion

hi there.

i recently got my 3rd companion.

so far its: qyzen fess, tharan cedrax, and zenith.

ive mostly been using tharen cedrax for the healing as before i got him i had to stop and heal qyzen on elite mobs and ended up dying in the process.

so im wondering, is this a good choice for a companion for a sage? does anyone else use a different one and if so why?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sage needs (is strongly recommended to have) tank companion who will gather mobs and tank them while Sage aoe the shit out of them all while throwing a heal or two to his companion.

Tanks are - Qyzen - melee, and Iresso - range.

Later on you can use Nadia (who is DD) to do the tanking - she has nice aoe of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Sage needs (is strongly recommended to have) tank companion who will gather mobs and tank them while Sage aoe the shit out of them all while throwing a heal or two to his companion.

Tanks are - Qyzen - melee, and Iresso - range.

Later on you can use Nadia (who is DD) to do the tanking - she has nice aoe of her own.
    Pretty much this.

As a full spec healer I used Qyzen (NOTE: He needs to be geared with AIM gear) till I got Lt Iresso. Qyzen is a really good tank once you get past that little pause he has before he attacks. So many things you can do solo with him and you healing that I think some cannot.

I switched to Iresso for a change and to check out his ranged tanking. Turns out he can ranged tank or Melee tank as needed. He has the cool leap ability to get into melee when needed to AOE stuff. Which brings me to this: you still have to watch out for either ones AOE or it will break CC. Easily avoidable though.

I like Nadia but she is not a tank and can't take the hits like Qyzen or Irseeo can. However, she can sure put out the DPS melee and AOE. She just needs more shielding and healing.

maybe i should have said that i play as dps (telekinetics). would that make any sort of difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmetal View Post
    maybe i should have said that i play as dps (telekinetics). would that make any sort of difference?
    Not really, a Tank companion is still a very good idea.