I'm level 46 and have been leveling as Deception and feel that I've got a pretty good handle on the spec's rotation and tool set. I'm wanting to make the switch to Darkness and try out tanking so I have a good understanding of it pre-50. Looking for a few things to help make the transition.

• What is a good spec? The Darkness tree seems pretty evident on which chioces to take, but what about AFTER getting the 31 point talent.
  • What should I look for on secondary stats and enhancements? I've got Xalek pretty geared out with orange gear full of shield and absorb enhancements/mods, I planned on stealing it all off him. He does seem to take more damage then Khem, who has less absorb but more defense. Which should be prioritized for ME.
  • Which is the most efficient companion to run? Talos is a bit undergeared for now, but if a heal companion is the way to go, I'll boost him up. Or is running a dps pet better?
  • Sub point: If dps is better (or in situations I don't want/need to have a healer out), is Andronkis the better choice over switching Xalek to DPS stance and putting all my current gear on him (and me taking his?)

Thanks!